Decanates

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by VespertineRising, Jul 27, 2006.

1. VespertineRising

VespertineRising Member

Does anyone know any sites that give detailed descriptions of the decanates of each sign? I know that every sign has 3 parts to it and each part is different from the others with rising signs but id like to read more on the topic

2. Earth-Bound Misfit

Earth-Bound Misfit Member

i don't even know what decanates are.

3. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

There are plenty of books out there, each with a different interpretation for each degree. So how would you know which one to believe? You'll have to see how they each relate t o your real life, whether or not there is any validity in it. But even then, you'll wonder if it was just "off" in that one sign or house.

I no longer put any weight on 'each degree' type of interpretation. I would rather just stick to monthly lunar returns, solar returns and progressions.

I take it that you are in the 'who am I' stage of astrology... No matter what you were born with, it has already progressed.

You can't step into the same river twice. Heck, you can't even step into a river once without it changing each inch your foot sinks down. You are that river...

4. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

I don't use decanates with a client unless there really is not much data for the person. I would just go with the basic rule of: 1st decanate is ruled by the sign of the sun; second decanate is ruled by the sign of the following sign of the same element; third decanate is ruled by the last sign of the same element. Scorpio for example; 1st decanate is Scorpio with Scorpio overtones. 2nd decanate is Scorpio with a Pisces overtone. 3rd decanate is Scorpio with a Cancer overtone. Each decanate is 10 degrees, thus three decanates equal 30 degrees; the size of one whole sign. 12 Signs of the zodiac, each 30 degrees, added up equal 360 degrees. That is a whole circle.

Decanates are similar to cusps, in so far as they color the planet in a sign without actually being in another sign.