retainers

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by i_am_me, Jul 21, 2006.

1. i_am_me

i_am_me Member

I want to get my labret repierced, but where I work I will have to get a retainer. I think that it is such an obvious place that I question whether a retainer will actually work. Does anyone know how easy it is to see one?

I have found that tongue retainers work really really well and nose retainers are ok -you can see them if you are looking, but not otherwise.

But how about labret retainers?

2. pomunus

pomunus Member

I've never worn a retainer in any of my lip piercings so I don't know from personal experience, but I always seem to notice when somebody else is wearing one.

3. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

A girl I used to work with used one. It wasn't really unnoticeable like she'd hoped. From the front it looked kinda like a wart on her lower lip....totally visible and quite nasty if you didn't know what was in her lip.

4. 3littlebirds

3littlebirds Member

this worked for my nose piercings (they just looked like large pores) -
    get some fishing line in a similar gauge as your piercing, hold one end over a lighter until it starts to melt, then push it onto a flat surface. Do that until the flat part is big enough to not fit in your piercing hole. Since its a labret, cut it long enough to bend inside your mouth (try melting it slightly to get a 90 degree bend in it, so it wont slide out of your piercing either way).
    Paint the flat melted side w/ makeup, or skin colored paint. if you do it right, it should be hardly noticeable.
    :)

5. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

okay depending on the gauge you should just be able to take the ball off and no one would really notice you have it pierced