Spiritual modification vs physical modification.

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Powers, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Powers

Powers Member

Ok please some one give me your opinion. Last year i was big into physical modification tattoos, piercing and i really went over board this year i removed all my piercings and still have my tattoos but want them removed as this year i am more spiritual and into drinking etc. And meditatig and all this wierd crazy Shit i will discuss in appropriate forums. But my question is could it be some type of cycle or something Lol?

2. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

I don't know how drinking involves being spiritual.

Anyway, in an attempt to answer your question, yes, body mods can be a phase just as spirituality in any capacity can be. Hopefully, there was enough forsight in the physical mods to be comfortable with your mods whoever you become.

Peace

3. Medusamama

Medusamama Member

Hmm...Personally I see all my acts o body modification as being spiritual acts. Each one has come about in direct link to some piece of spiritual or emotiona growth, so they act as a roadmap of my becoming.

I can see though that if it was something you were doing because it was "cool" or just looked or felt neat, that you would cycle through that phase.

Give it time, perhaps meditate on what each of those modifications mean to you or how they might symbolize the stage you were going through when you got them.

4. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

well, i haven't modified anything in a spiritual fashion.

i just think they look cool :p

5. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

hahahahaha spritiual and drinking, what's next?

6. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

this is a great statement

7. Levi0814

Levi0814 Member

Too many people nowadays just do things because they think they "look cool" or how they'll (in some way) show them off. If you want a tattoo because it's of something that is of personal importance to you, then go for it! Or think of something original to do other than a traditional tattoo, ya know? Make it that much more important.

It's kinda like how people are so involved with fashion or what they look like. Just always do things that you know isn't a stage or just a partial part of your life. As long as you're always be true, things are clearer.

8. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

i get mods because i think they look cool/unique/nice. not everything needs to have some sort of sentiment attached to it.

i'm sorry that i adorn my body in a fashion that doesn't coincide with your opinion :rolleyes:

9. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

I get tattoos because I hate my skin like the way it's suppose to be naturally.

10. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

All of my mods are just another step in path.

You've got it one time, so lets make it good. :D

11. fistermister

fistermister Member

People have always been like this