Gauging up!

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Inavacuum, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

i think my lobes are just about healed and I'm raedy to gauge them up. They'rea t 14 now so yea I guess I'm jsut gonna move up to 12. Dies gauging hurt? What gauge do you think I should stop at?

2. pomunus

pomunus Member

It's more of a burning sensation. Not sure what gauge you should stop at. I stopped at 0.

3. organic.psychonaut

organic.psychonaut Member

stop whenever you feel like stopping. and it's a good idea to go one or two gauges at a time, anything more might damage your ears.

4. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

I've talked to ppl and they said it hurt. But it can't be too bad.

5. atropine

atropine Member

well.. i took two cartilage helixes from 14 to 12 by just pushing the new BCRs in.. and then a week later pushed 10ga BCRs in.. not the smartest but worked fine...

using tapers would be the best bet.. but at this size stretching isnt much to worry about

6. daniellehxc

daniellehxc Member

I'm busy gauging at the minute. I'm going up to 10mm in each lobe. I am going up 2mm at a time and then leaving my lobe alone until it has healed before stretching again.
    I suppose everyone will experience different types of pain from it and some may experience none at all. I often find that my lobes don't hurt the day after i have stretched them.
    If your lobes are very sore or bleeding at any point when you are doing it then you probably will be stretching them too quickly.

7. Camdread

Camdread Member

Stretching - I have only one lobe gauged and it was at 22mm until about 4 weeks ago when I took it out. I'm now in the process of going back to 22 mm. I'm at 15mm at the moment. Tapers worked fine until you hit about 12 or 13 mm. My solution for this is, take an old plug you have and wrap electrical tape around it until you get the size you want.(1mm every 1-2 weeks seems to work quite well). Listen to your ears, they will tell you if your stretching to quickly.

Pain Factor - There shouldn't be much pain at all. As pomunus said it should only be a burning sensation, if it hurts more that this you are more than likely stretching to fast.
    There should be NO BLOOD!! I cannot stress this enough!

Goodluck stretching but a warning..... Its very very addictive :D

Cam

8. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

I started off using a taper to about 5mm, then bought a plug & just wraped tape around it, just enough so it would burn slightly. The burning sensation only lasted an hour or so, then I would leave it in for a few days the wrap a bit more tape on & do the same, but if it does start to bleed, take some tape off &leave it for a week or 2 & add some more tape.

Gauging does become very addictive, you think, yeah, just a bit more, then a litle more &before you know whats happening, it's like 00g. I stopped at around 24mm, but stop when you feel is comftable.

Happy stretching !!!!

9. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

i'm currently at a 12. not very large at all.

i progressively worked my way down from 18.

i'll probably keep going soon, jewelry is expensive though.

10. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

gauging your ears does not hurt that bad really..although i did mine from a 20 gauge to a 10 to a 6 to a 0 to 00...still i didnt find it to be too bad