organic jewelry

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Ink_Stained_Ivy, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Ink_Stained_Ivy

Ink_Stained_Ivy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

for those of you with gauged piercings... what's the deal with organic plugs/spirals/etc.?

i have heard that acrylic jewelry can be bad for you?...? i haven't really looked into it, but thought i'd ask around here as well as looking it up.

i just made it to 00's and want to get a good set (now that i THINK i'm done stretching. although, i said i was done at 6's too. it's kind of addicting :) )... maybe something a little fancy. i found the braindrops site online that has a gorgeous selection of all organic gauged jewelry, it's really expensive though.

anyway, what's everyone's take on this? any info?

2. stormyy

stormyy Member

Organics make your ears happy. Check out Onetribe-their stuff is amazing.

3. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Organic cuts down on ear cheese...i wear horn with bone inlays...much much cleaner than steel..

4. pomunus

pomunus Member

I wear a hardwood plug with an abolone shell inlay in one ear and a bone spiral in the other. They make my ears very happy and cut down on the ear goo a lot.

5. Ink_Stained_Ivy

Ink_Stained_Ivy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i see... yeah i have noticed with the acrylic stuff, they smell more, and get goopy. when i had my horn spirals, or even my clay ones, it was just cleaner.

i bought a pair of cheap acrylic claws to stretch them more, but i really think i'll invest in something a little cleaner and not so... smelly. :)

6. Martin19282

Martin19282 Member

From what i know, acrylic shouldnt really be used for fresh stretches.. Also it shouldnt be the primary long term jewellery. Evidently it can leech chemicals, as well as make your ears smell.
    Acrylic is fine for short term use.
    Organics .. like bone, horn, wood are probably the best for long term use.
    I got mine from here
    http://www.arka-shop.co.uk
    easy to use site and quick delivery.
    Martin