who both knits AND crochets?

Discussion in 'Fiber Arts' started by cerridwen, Jun 7, 2006.

1. lalalaspider

lalalaspider Member

I love knitting but yesterday I wanted to make a hacky sack so I learned how to crochet real quick. Now I can do both. :D

2. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I learned to knit and crochet when I was about 12. It really depends on what I am making if I choose one or the other. Crochet tends to be chunky. I have made countless afghans or blankets that way. For clothing, I prefer knitting as better and more flexible. I still make crocheted snowflake ornaments every year to give away but I don't do much more than that. I am more likely to knit these days. I used to call knitting my "mental health". It sort of takes me away.

3. fundoo

fundoo Members

resurrecting a thread or two here, even though most might have moved on...

Well I've done both. I guess I still am doing both, because I finished something with crochet. I started with crochet as a child. Then picked it up again after I finished University. Then I taught myself how to knit. I was doing both for awhile, then when the knitting started to take off, I switched almost exclusively to that. Seems more comfortable to me to use both hands. Ok, I'll go share some pics now. Just a few. :)

4. Submissive172

Submissive172 Supporters HipForums Supporter

I can do both. It depends on what i am making and also my mood. Very relaxing and almost therapeutic. My family loves it when i make dishcloths and scrubbies for them!