Hillary says something smart!

Discussion in 'People' started by Megara, May 18, 2006.

1. Megara

Megara Banned

May 12, 2006 -- WASHINGTON - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton lashed out at the instant-gratification generation yesterday, saying young adults "think work is a four-letter word."

"Kids, for whatever reason, think they're entitled to go right to the top with $50,000 or $75,000 jobs when they have not done anything to earn their way up," the Dems' 2008 White House front-runner said.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/63643.htm

wow, my respect for Hillary has gone up somewhat after that! I'm sure she'll lose her base if she keeps preaching that, though...

2. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

You honestly think these people actually believe what they say they do? They believe what people want them to believe, and what people want them to believe is dictated by the media.

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Musta been really tough Clinton.

As funny as having Bill be first lady would be, I'd rather get a lap dance from Trent Lott then have a new Clinton.

I thought getting a new Bush in 2000 was a dumb idea. We saw how well that turned out. Now some people want a new Clinton to take his place?!

The sequel to something that sucks will just suck even more.

We should just bus in homeless people into the white house. I bet one of them could end up taking charge.

4. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

yeah because working a shitty less then minimum wage job when your 16 is a good thing...

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Lets see just what all little Chelsea had as a child and see if she raised her child that hard working way

6. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Didn't she basically apologize to Chelsea and say something like "but not you, sweetie!" Barf.

7. Megara

Megara Banned

regardless of whether she believes it, it is something that *needs* to be said in this country.

8. Megara

Megara Banned

i agree..we need something new, not a rehash of something old.

It does take some nerve to criticize a large chunk of your base, though.

9. Megara

Megara Banned

"if it falls your lot to be a street sweeper, sweep streets like Michelangelo painted pictures, like Shakespeare wrote poetry, like Beethoven composed music; sweep streets so well that all the host of Heaven and Earth will have to pause and say,"Here lived a great sweeper, who swept his job well" -Martin Luther King Jr.

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

For some reason the democrats want to criticize their base when they're trying to run for office. For some reason the republicans try to nuzzle up to thiers.

I don't know where the difference in straegy is, the GOP strategists tell their guys to warm up to the base, and the democratic strategists tell their guys to try and warm up to the center by critizing their base.

Maybe I'm cynical, but it just seems like strategy. Even if they do say something I agree with, it's hard to get too excited. [​IMG]

11. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

You can criticize your base without them realizing it. I mean to say, most of the people guilty of living that way probably agree with her in theory. Just not in practise.

And besides, they don't need to be that careful. It only has to be relatively conceivable that they would win. Because the elections are fixed. All they have to worry about is keeping it so it looks like they has a reasonable chance of being elected after the fact (after they are placed in office).

Little bit of interesting trivia - did you know that in the entire history of the United States, in every presidential election, the candidate with more genetic ties to European nobility won? Every single time. Read up on it.

12. passanger

passanger Member

Brilliant!!!! :)

ok, basic logics here: you want people to vote for you.
    People will vote for the one they agree on most.
    What will they say?