Greenhouse?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by ScreamingMisanthrope, May 11, 2006.

1. ScreamingMisanthrope

ScreamingMisanthrope Member

Hey,
    I'm movin into a house in southwestern Virginia sometime June/July and it has a small greenhouse.
    Our landlord is giving us money to fix it up so I really want to use it, I really don't know anything about using a greenhouse, so I was wondering if anyone had any good links or somethin about greenhouses. plus what kinds of things can you plant in a greenhouse in July? I'd really like to get some peppers growing, like habeneros, but you probably don't want a greenhouse, huh?
    any flowers?
    thanks!
    ~Dan

2. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

if it were me, I'd spend all summer getting it ready, and then use it in the winter when it's too cold to grow certain warm season veggies... or use it to start seeds in the winter to transplant in the spring. or maybe, if you can control the humidity and temperature really well, some orchids or a banana or something like that.

3. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Habanero's are a perrenial(grows for years) if in a warm enough climate. In most of the U.S., people grow them as an annual (for 1 season). You may be able to grew them year round, if its warm(hot) enough in your greenhouse. I usually start the seeds in a mini greenhouse in the winter and them plant them outside when its warm enough.