How would you describe the present world situation?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by skip, May 8, 2006.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

america seems to want to kill everyone who doesn't want to make everything have to be about money. america seems to think the rest of the world owes it tribute, in the form of concessions, to corporations, who don't give a dam about america, or anywhere else.

this does not seem like something even the most powerful military can cause to end well. people everywhere, including in america, are tired of this insanity. we had a world in 2000, that was ready for peace, and we destroyed that. for ego and pettyness and greed.

this would probably be fun to watch if i was sitting up there somewhere in a u.f.o. and didn't have to live down here in it.

it might make a great video game to play, as long as you could set down the controller and go get something to eat.

too bad there doesn't seem to be a pause button.

maybe someone will find the reset, or maybe nature will. seems like the climate thing could reset all of it. there are just so many things we are doing so dumb and forcing so many others to be just as dumb or dumber.

the rest of the world outside of the u.s. isn't blind to any of this.

i really think though, it is nature, and i don't mean the myth of human nature, but natural nature, that will get the final vote. but i don't know. i couldn't prove or swear to that.

there ARE things already collapsing, so you can't say that can't ever happen when it already is. but how far, how soon, in what way, none of that is really certain.

the simplest answer is that we are really really really doing it wrong.

2. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I'm insufficiently stuffy and emo to "describe the world situation."

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

is famine and pandemic "emo and stuffy", when they could be avoided by using the right technologies instead of the wrong ones? will you still consider them such when they are happening to all of us?

only part of the blame belongs to governments. all of it belongs to ego.

4. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Rapidly declining. The only option I find available is to remain alert and take whatever protective actions made necessary.

5. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

The world has become Nietzscheian.Even if you don't like Nietzsche,whom I don't particularly.

6. Still Kicking

Still Kicking Members

I would describe it as being "in flux", as it always is.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i would say collectively suicidal for the human species. we seem to have become so obsessed with calling ourselves this and not calling ourselves that, that we don't seem to know nor care, that any such thing as reality even exists.

its this insanity over who or what steers the ship, when no one and nothing seems to want to steer it away from the ice berg.

its not the little green pieces of paper that are unhappy. we do not need, are indeed greatly harmed, by increasing our numbers.
    we are perfectly capable of propelling mechanical transportation, and power all of useful technologies we enjoy, without the use of burning anything to do so.

the state of humanity being led by the currently dominant culture, is to keep its head, planted firmly up its ass.