Excellent barefoot walk on the trail~

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by karuberutsu, Apr 30, 2006.

1. karuberutsu

karuberutsu Member

From my house, down across the highway, to the park, and from the park trail all the way to the Fred Meyers (and back again). I'm guessing a total of about 5 miles. Wow my feet are sore - but it's a good sore! I've decided to take this kind of walk every sunday~

Picture goodness (this is after a quick wash):
    [​IMG]

Not too much damage, but will definetely toughen them up even more!

Barefoot Rick likes this.
  2. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

I did about the same distance walking last week and man was I sore...

You ever tried running barefoot? I run about 6 miles 4-5 times per week, but to date, I wear sneakers cuz I'm afraid of my knees getting fucked up by running on the concrete.

3. karuberutsu

karuberutsu Member

On the way back I ran the entire park (in the grass). I couldn't stop because my muscles were already sore and were difficult to respond.

4. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

sore? how offen are ya barefoot?

5. karuberutsu

karuberutsu Member

I meant my leg muscles.

6. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

why were your leg muscles sore?

7. karuberutsu

karuberutsu Member

...because I walked 5 miles.

8. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

ahaha.. oooh .. that'll do it

9. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

Kab, I've never had a problem with sore leg muscles after walking that distance. Are you walking correctly? Did you bother to stretch beforehand?

On a side note, i just did a 4 mile to town and back... man were my feet filthy. Strange here in Florida - you don't see that many people walking barefoot, yet, everyone smiles at me and says hello - not like up north where I might get a lesser reaction if I exposed my genetalia publicly. At least people seem to get it down here...

10. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i would assume if the body is not used to walking 5 miles at a time.. it could be a bit tiring

11. karuberutsu

karuberutsu Member

Der... exactly.

12. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

excellent post Kab .. great to see ya posting again and going on BF walks/hikes. the more you walk barefoot the less sore your feet will be and the more you walk in general the less your calves/legs will ache.

peace out,
    bob

13. HonorSeed

HonorSeed Senior Member

I walked barefoot for about two years in Hollywood. Walked one day to downtown LA and back. After walking on hot sidewalks for a while stepping on broken glass didn't phase me. I remember sneaking into a few food places to get a bite. The balance it gave me for martial arts exercise was the same as the karate kid doing a deep knee bend on one foot and touching my toes with two hands. I had better balance than some martial arts instructors.
    This is a great thread with an important message. People who choose to walk barefoot can only benefit from it after the initial sores and toughening of the feet takes place.
    Love the feel of different types of ground too. Took my shoes off today and walked a little on hot rocky pavement, felt invigorating in the breezy sunshine of the NW here.

Honor Seed

14. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

I always find it's good to give your feet a rest after pushing them for a few miles... Otherwise you just get blisters or worse....

As for you kab... the cold weather has thinned your blood I think....but understandably...