Apartment tips needed :)

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Silentnewage, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Silentnewage

Silentnewage Member

Hey guys!
    I'm so excited, I went to the garden center today and bought lots of really pretty flowers and herbs for my apartment balcony...
    does anybody have any tips for people like me that don't have an actual garden? I'm afraid I don't know much about gardening to begin with..it would be really helpful. Thanks!

2. ganja fairy

ganja fairy Member

when you garden in containers outside in hot sun, you have to be careful about your plants getting fried. dark pots can make things dry out pretty quickly. dont worry, if you just pay attention to them, the plants will tell you what they need. good luck!

3. free2fly

free2fly Members

If you have petunias.. I know a trick that will make them get bushy and full of blooms. When some of the flowers wither and start to dry, pluck those ones off. That's it! I've noticed a big difference in the petunias that I did this too. It works :)

4. free2fly

free2fly Members

Oh... and mostly just watch that the plants dont get too dry. Potted plants will suck up the water faster...

5. Silentnewage

Silentnewage Member

thank you so much for your feedback I really appreciate it! :)

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

make sure your container is deep enough, too.
    there's a gel that superwets soil, non toxic by claim.

7. passiflora16

passiflora16 Member

don't be afraid to mix and match your flowers with herbs to as most herbs act as a natural pest repellant and will keep alot of bugs off of your flowers :p