• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 lostblackdog

lostblackdog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted January 30 2005 - 08:51 AM

That was one of the greatest things I have ever read. Ellis, you should be the next person on the fast track to becoming a living saint. St. Ellis.... kinda like St. Stephen, but not really... You're awesome man!
Ain't got no money, and the sheets are stained with wine. I got holes in my pants, but the world's looking just fine.
Posted Image

#22 Abyle

Abyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted January 30 2005 - 09:09 AM

Very nice list. More people should abide by it! :)
My niece or nephew is due 11-24-05!

#23 JimiWhizZ

JimiWhizZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 06:40 AM

That is a very good list.

I wish I gave some thought to responsible drug use when I first started out on this path!
But Im happy that those are the rules that I prety much live by now.... that I've grown up a little bit :)

Would people agree that there are three fundamental types of drug user:
1) Those who use, to be Happy;
2) Those who use, to enhance the happiness they already possess;
3) Those who use, simply to get as fucked as is possible. (escapism)
maybe 3) is a part of 1)??
Im interested to get peoples views on this, its just a thought..
Its probably alot more complex than this and I know its not a good thing to generalise, but it is what i've noticed in 5 years gettin high.

I also think that 2 is the only way to go having had full experience with each.
JimiWhizZ:p :p :p

#24 The Flow

The Flow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 08:33 AM

Would people agree that there are three fundamental types of drug user:
1) Those who use, to be Happy;
2) Those who use, to enhance the happiness they already possess;
3) Those who use, simply to get as fucked as is possible. (escapism)
maybe 3) is a part of 1)??
Im interested to get peoples views on this, its just a thought..
Its probably alot more complex than this and I know its not a good thing to generalise, but it is what i've noticed in 5 years gettin high.

I also think that 2 is the only way to go having had full experience with each.

I have to add at least one more:
Those who use, to find out more about altered states of mind, because they have to deal with it professionally (e.g. psychologists, physicians, maybe also policemen and lawyers?)

#25 EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp

Green Secessionist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 09:52 AM

You are also leaving out people who "self-medicate" using illegal drugs as a treatment for various medical/mental conditions.
Ellis D. Tripp
ellisdtripp@hipplanet.com

"Society is like stew--if you don't keep it stirred up, you end up with a lot of scum on the top!"--Edward Abbey

#26 JimiWhizZ

JimiWhizZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 10:13 AM

I have to add at least one more:
Those who use, to find out more about altered states of mind, because they have to deal with it professionally (e.g. psychologists, physicians, maybe also policemen and lawyers?)

hmm... never thought about that...:eek:
JimiWhizZ:p :p :p

#27 The Flow

The Flow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 12:49 PM

hmm... never thought about that...:eek:

I actually am a physician, and drugs have tought me a lot about what´s going on inside people with psychosis or depressions...
Most of the psychiatrists and -therapeuts I know have used drugs fpr this purpose.

#28 treekster

treekster

Buddha Dawg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted March 13 2005 - 02:31 PM

I can attest to the benefit of one of the rules for sure...once went swimming on acid and spent a considerable time trying to swim through the bottom of the pool, until a friend pulled me up...I was sure at the time that the bottom was actually the surface
Posted Image believe in Buddha Dog...he believes in you

some folks look for answers
others look for fights
-Grateful Dead

#29 lenore

lenore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 01:19 PM

my god, scary...good thing you had your sober friend with you!....i pretty much abide by you rules most of the time....but ive never thought to hav an observer of the evning....do you think you need to hav someone watching whilst on mushies? me and my two girl friends were gonna go trippin on mushies together, but none of us hav tried them before...you think we'll need a babysitter? i'd appreiciate sum input here folks.....better safe than sorry...cheers :)
shit happens- it will always happen, but with a little effort you can grow stuff in it....

#30 GCandPfunk

GCandPfunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 06:56 PM

the company of a friend is a necessity when tripping.. .things just get eerie when your by yourself and if the other person is sober they fall asleep or dont have fun or something.... there should always be more than 1 person tripping.
life without vice
is like meece
without mices