Do you fit your sign?

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by dasiy, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I think if one can find parts of themselves in every sign. I also believe if you switched the descriptions of the signs...people would still say "that describes me!" not knowing they were switched.

Anyway I am Taurus....does it fit me? As well as any of the other signs do.

1 person likes this.
  2. SuperTowel

SuperTowel Members

Definitely a Taurus.

1 person likes this.
  3. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Aries. I don't think anyone who knows me would be shocked.

1 person likes this.
  4. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i hope u guys accounted for the change in the earths axis and the shift in all constellations.................

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My fingernails are growing, long and sharp like the mighty lion and my voice, though soft and gentle, is becoming a growl as the mighty lion, roars.

VvvvV

1 person likes this.
  6. Pengu

Pengu Members

My Gemini seems to fit me fairly ok.
    Not always quite on the mark but, certainly has a similar fit.

I love the idea of them tho. Fun and interesting.

7. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Aries is pretty close for me but not spot-on. I am a "take charge" type and I can be pretty fiery and not mince words if I have to but I wouldn't say I'm overly impulsive or that my plans are not well-thought out. I also wouldn't say I don't finish projects.

Coincidently, my wife is also a Gemini and Aries and Geminis supposedly work well together. We certainly do anyway. My ex is a Cancer and I've read that Cancers and Aries are a trainwreck waiting to happen. I found that to be the case in my experience.

8. Pengu

Pengu Members

I must of had a brain fart o_O
    When I typed Gemini I meant to type Zodiac signs lol o_O I guess it's been a long night for me ah ha ha

I'm actually a Leo :)

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I grew out of mine.

10. Fae

Fae Members

Hi there! :)

I absolutely believe I fit my signs.

My sun is Scorpio, my moon is Aquarius. This is so incredibly accurate for me. On the inside I am a huge free spirit and I absolutely love the universe and everything in it, but on the outside I may seem somewhat cold - at least to acquaintances, but once you get to know me - and I mean REALLY know me, you'll find how nice I get. I am a very, very shy girl, so not many people know that at all. I still have lots of time left to grow, which I really hope I do. I'm only fifteen and I've met some of the best people, unfortunately they all live far away, and with their help I will continue to grow and mature further :)

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i pretty much do. which is the only reason i think there's anything to it.

not all that stuff about where the little lights are in the sky having that much to do with what you're gonna see happen,
    but the idea that the time of year you're born, or even the year itself, having something to do with your personality.

12. Kiprat

Kiprat ophidiophobe

I suppose I fit my sign.
    I'm sure I fit my birth chart - which looks like something out of a cliched sci-fi film.

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Double Taurus-scorpio moon. Don't fuck around.

14. lyleleno

lyleleno Member

Yes. I'm an Aquarius on the cusp of Capricorn, and I'm a spacey whimsical motherfucker.

Although I'm not too big on astrology.

15. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I fit my sign completely, but then I fit most signs, as do most people. That's how astrology works, it's a confidence game.

If you believe in astrology, here's a thought experiment:

Imagine that tomorrow, all records of astrology disappeared from the earth and everyone who knew anything about it had amnesia about just astrological facts.

If astrology is a real description of how the universe works, -how- could we re-discover what we today "know" about astrology?

2 people like this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Really good drugs?

Just guessing.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Somewhat, I'm a scorpio and i do come off as aloof and mysterious but with a lot of thoughts and feelings going on underneath the surface. Scorpions are also supposed to be vindictive and able to hold a grudge for years and that definitely doesn't fit me, I can't stay mad at someone longer than about an hour. We're supposed to be the most sexual sign of the zodiac and I can be but only if there is an intense emotional connection.

I also have a very light hearted playful side that doesn't really fit the scorpio characteristics.

I don't take astrology too seriously but I will say compatibility between the signs has been pretty dead on for the majority of my relationships

18. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

Imagine that tomorrow, all records of Science disappeared from the earth and everyone who knew anything about it had amnesia about Scientific facts, methods, and all that it has acquired throughout the last 400 years.

If science is a real description of how the Universe works, how could we re-discover what we today "know" about science?

19. ChinaCatSunflower02

Astrology is more than your newspaper Sun sign. Have you looked at your entire chart before?

20. ChinaCatSunflower02

Defining your Sun sign down as the all encompassing truth of Astrology is very limited and not true to the overall depth of Astrology. You can blame modern society and "The Enlightenment" for that, as modern society is unaware of the depth and is presented with the most watered-down version of Astrology possible, and purposely in my opinion.

Both Religion and Science have done a very thorough job eliminating all Esoteric knowledge to the best of its abilities, and for different but parallel reasons. There are many different historical events that I can list if requested that signify this.

Astrology existed for much, much longer than Astronomy (and Christianity for that matter), and Astronomy literally would not exist without it. To deny Astrology's truth and significance is like denying the truth and significance of the parents that gave birth to you.

To define the last 400 years of the Scientific Revolution as the all encompassing truth of the Universe is close-minded, arrogant, ignorant, and gives a perfume of dogmatic.

Science is like a teenager, unaware of its roots, and acts as if it could exist without its roots.