Shut down margarine production!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Bilby, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I am starting a worldwide campaign to shut all margarine production. Some of my suggested stratagies are as follows:

1.Health warnings on margarine packaging like there are with cigarettes.

2. Tax on margarine.

3. Blue colouring used instead of yellow colouring.

4. Quotas and licenses for margarine production.

5. Massive breeding programs of jersey cows.

6. Massive breeding programs of old rare breeds of pigs to be raised for their lard.

7. More coconut plantations where they can be suitably grown.

8.Get on talkback radio about the evils of margarine.

9. Appropriate PETA web pages that are preaching fear about meat. Using your HTML editor subtitute the meat word with margarine and upload elsewhere.

10. Hold workshops at hippy festivals and gatherings about avoiding margarine.

So who wants to join me?

2. Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater Member

"We feel that animals have the same rights as retarded children." -Alex Pacheco, Director, PETA

Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we'd be against it. -- Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA (Vogue, September, 1989).

Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughter houses. -- Ingrid Newkirk, PETA's President, The Washington Post, November 13, 1983.

Whatever man

Sagewynd likes this.
  3. marbchic

marbchic Member

i love margerine

i really do

4. gary.newelluk

gary.newelluk Member

What is wrong with margerine? I can't eat butter because I have a lactose intolerancy but margerine in small doses does me no harm.

Sagewynd likes this.
  5. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

yeah man whats the story with margarine bilby dude .i do know its full of shite that clogs up your arteries ......but like just whats the process on how it gets to the tubs " i would be interested to know ..........cheers dude ...........and dont be buttering me up (soz man) could"nt resist

6. SDS

SDS Member

Here are the facts and here is what you need to know.

The #1 killer (in the USA) is NOT heart attacks or cardiovascular disease or cancer or obesity or diabetes or alcohol or AIDS or drugs or accidents etc.

Well then what IS the #1 killer in the USA?

The #1 killer in the USA is SMOKING. Period. There is no single thing you can name other than death itself which kills more Americans than smoking. We're talking 500,000 or more deaths per year. (Compare that to the number of Americans killed by terrorism in the last ten years and then please tell me where our priorities lie.)

Why such big numbers? Because smoking kills two ways:

1)It causes cancers (lungs, ENT, gastric, bladder and probably others) --
    which many smokers never get. (For example "only" one smoker in 8 gets
    lung cancer. The odds are a little better than Russian Roulette. But this
    does mean most smokers don' get lung cancer).

2) And then what many folks don't realize is that smoking kills by plugging up
    your arteries. Every time you smoke something the smoke goes right into
    your bloodstream and causes a toxic reaction that leads to plugged up
    arteries. And unlike the cancers which most smokers don't ever get, this
    disease is INEVITABLE and progressive. ALL smokers get it.

And what is the #2 biggest killer in the country? It is plugged up arteries itself. Even in nonsmokers. But smoking even 3 cigarettes a day in a female or 6 daily in a male DOUBLES the rate at which plugged arteries develop.

Or you can say smoking is the number #1 killing THING in the USA bar none and plugged up arteries is the #1 killing DISEASE in the USA (or the #2 killing thing in sheer numbers).

SO -- what does all this have to do with MARGARINE???

Margarine is made with HYDROGENATED oils. These hydrogenated oils PLUG UP ARTERIES. Just like smoking. These oils are chemically treated --hydrogenated -- to make them semisolid at room temperature instead of liquid so they can be colored and flavored and sold as margarine as a substitute for butter. But they plug up all your pipes. Just like smoking. And when your pipes are plugged up nothing works right (heart, brain, legs -- yes legs, sexual function, kidneys, intestines you name it).

READ ALL LABELS. If a product says "hydrogenated" on the label DON'T BUY IT.

If you have a choice between butter (which is saturated fat and not good) and margarine made with hydrogernated oil -- choose the butter. But better yet don't use either one.

What products contain hydrogenated oils? Oreo cookies, Skippy and Peter Pan Peanut butter, most MARGARINES (except Smart Balance and a few others and I still wouldn't eat too much of those because they contain lots of fat with lots of calories), practically any baked and prepared goods you buy in the store, Crisco is pure hydrogenated fat etc etc. You have to look at all the labels.

If you want to live long and healthy then keep your arteries clean. Don't smoke and don't eat margarine or any other hydrogenated fats. Read labels. Do your baking at home. Just buy olive or canola oil. Otherwise you'll end up at age 50 an impotent wrinkled old bastard with coronary disease because of plugged up arteries. It's the absolute truth.

One or two ounces of alcohol daily (especially red wine) helps keep your arteries clean. Those who have 1-2 drinks daily have lower mortality than those who don't because of fewer deaths from plugged arteries. Listen to the doctor not the preacher. But you should avoid all alcohol if you can't control your drinking. And one should never have more than 2 oz. alcohol daily because it can lead to liver problems. Alcohol is also a carcinogen (acetaldehyde), however more people die from plugged arteries than from cancer.

Fuck these corporations that sell this crap. Send them a fucking message. Also send your nearest politician a fucking message to get out of Iraq because it's a lost cause and having a few more Americans picked off isn't going to change a fucking thing so we might as well leave now. Does anyone have any brains around this place?

Bilby likes this.
  7. streamlight

streamlight Member

You can preach your feelings here, but don't make it all fact, I know plenty of people who eat margarine regularly, they're fine, no heart disease. If these people want to do something with their lives, let them. I'd rather live to 60 eating what I want, drinking what I want, and doing what I want, than to live to 90, eating, drinking, and doing what's "healthy".

Sagewynd likes this.
  8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Peple need to think for themselves and stop depending on government to do it.
    ANY fat has some ups and downs.
    Butter is achingly high in cholsterol, which for people with high cholosterol levels, is creating more of the same problem.

Bilby, I don't know WHAT your trip is with this but it is getting tiring.
    Some people don't WANT to eat butter. Some CAN'T.
    Some DO, and it is all good.

Sagewynd likes this.
  9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Peple need to think for themselves and stop depending on government to do it.
    ANY fat has some ups and downs.
    Butter is achingly high in cholesterol, which for people with high cholesterol levels, is creating more of the same problem.

Bilby, I don't know WHAT your trip is with this but it is getting tiring.
    Some people don't WANT to eat butter. Some CAN'T.
    Some DO, and it is all good.

10. sonador_hermosa

sonador_hermosa Member

yeah, no shit. diet is a personal choice, as is smoking. you can't make things like that regulated by the govt.

11. SDS

SDS Member

I'm not the one making anything a fact. A fact is a fact regardless of what I do with it.

What I am doing is helping others be aware of facts. One can't make an intelligent decision if one doesn't know the facts. Maybe you didn't know for example that plugged arteries is the #1 killing disease in the nation or that smoking just a few cigarettes a day doubles the rate of its progresssion or that eating margarine makes it worse. In my boook it's stupid to buy a product made with hydrogenated oil when there are others of equal taste quality available that are not (e.g. Smart Balance).

Most of those people you mention will in fact eventually succumb to atherosclerosis. Usually it doesn't happen all at once however it's a piece by piece process. So it's not just a matter of living and dying it's also a question of quality of life. Many would opt to have a longer healthier better quality life by limiting unhealthy products. The others will prematurely age have lower quality life and die sooner. But it's good to at least have the facts at one's disposition.

(You see what happpened when we went into Iraq when facts were ignored.)

12. streamlight

streamlight Member

You're giving your opinion regarding the consumption of hydrogenated oils, and passing it off as facts.

I do know that heart disease is the number 1 killer, I also know that smoking contributes to that. But, you say that smart balance tastes the same, their ya go again, passing opinions as facts.

Now, you keep bringing up Iraq. In your first post, you said its a lost cause, again with the opinions.

13. gary.newelluk

gary.newelluk Member

I agree with whoever it was that said I'd rather die at 60 eating what I like and drinking what I like that live to 102 being bored for the next 71 years.

I heard on the news the other day that the scientists have come up with a wonder drug that can actually clear blocked arteries. Its probably not available yet but will be by the time I need it.

Jeez how much margerine would you have to eat before your arteries became totally blocked.

Its not like you pick up the tub and grab a spoon is it. You generally spread a bit on some bread and eat it, generally as part of a sandwich. I really don't think a tiny bit of margerine spread across a piece of bread is that damaging.

14. SDS

SDS Member

15. SDS

SDS Member

16. streamlight

streamlight Member

17. SDS

SDS Member

Streamlight it raises another problem area because health insurance of course is inequitable. They won't sell you the insurance if you have pre-existing conditions.

Even if one qualifies for health insurance -- it's unaffordable. Hey we want more out of life than food, shelter and HEALTH INSURANCE. I mean we want and need health insurance or healthcare but we also want to have some money left over for other things.

The concept behind insurance is to average out costs with a large pool of beneficiaries so individuals with extraordinary problems don't have to shoulder extraordinary costs. By cherry picking beneficiaries however these companies are just money collecting enterprises.

BIG changes need to be made.

Yes absolutely things like blocked arteries will become a thing of the past IF we put our minds to it -- but not if we waste time and resources or pursue counterproductive behavior.

18. streamlight

streamlight Member

Well, that is a choice you have to make isn't it. Are you going to invest in health insurance and wait longer to go on that trip. Or are you going to ignore health insurance, and hope that everything goes alright. Me personally, not having to go into debt for the rest of my life for my medical bill is enough for me.

You're right, in a lot of cases, people will hardly use health insurance. It's all a gamble. But when something big happens, which it may never happen, it's going to be nice to have someone else to pay for it. It follows Murphy's Law, "Anything that can go wrong, will, at the worst possible time." We are putting our minds to it, they're called scientists, and engineers. I don't expect the man behind the counter at the grocery store to figure out the solution to heart disease.

19. gary.newelluk

gary.newelluk Member

I really don't think that a small amount of spread on a bit of toast is going to equate to impotency when I'm in my mid fifties.

My brother in law is 45, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't gamble, doesn't eat particularly badly yet he requires a heart bypass for clogged arteries.

I think that there is a certain amount of luck to it.

I saw a guy in the chemist ahead of me today and he must have been in his late 70s, early 80s.

He was buying nicorette patches. Why is he giving up smoking now?

I've had friends that have died young and relatives that have died old and there appears to be very little logic in it other than when your time is up it is up.

I bet going to work everyday is worse for most people's health than spreading margerine on their bread because of the car fumes they have to breath in and the fact that the cars run on tarmac.

Remember all those years ago when people used to work in tar factories and the governments had to close them down because the people were contracting cancer. Cancer is still around as is the tarmac on the roads.

And if smoking is the main cause of cancer why is it that people who don't smoke contract it. (and they can't all be through passive smoking).

I think there is an element of luck to it all.

20. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

margarine? What about it?

I feel really ignorant now:confused: