Primus

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by kozmikbunny, Feb 9, 2006.

1. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

The first time I saw Les Claypool live I was blown away...probably one of the better shows I've ever seen.

2. freedom for all

freedom for all Member

man i wish i could say iv been to a primus show... but nope. iv seen some live videos though and they haev pretty amazing mosh pits concidering their music isnt that heavy.

3. Soberbeah

Soberbeah Member

I wouldn't go with Metal either, Les's lyrics usually contain more tomfoolery(haha) and southern banter(i.e. John the Fisherman, My Name is Mud, Jerry Was a Racecar Driver) than most metal bands. I'd take the high road and call them Bass Rock/Funk.

4. SonicYouthFan

SonicYouthFan Member

there more funk metal and alternative metal yes and the primus sucks thing is all promotion they were chanting it when i saw les claypool

5. rphishin

rphishin Member

Les is THE MAN if you love bass guitar. And if you look at the fine print on Primus' cds, their band site is primussucks.com

6. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

primus in fact does suck

7. malakala

malakala Member

Primus' big "metal" street cred stems from the fact that the guitarist, Larry Lalonde, used to play in Possessed, one of the pioneer underground thrash/speed metal bands in the late '80s. Seven Churches mofos!

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yea they were saying that @ Woodstock 94 also!!!

I hadnt ever heard of Primus before but the few songs I heard him do on Woodstock 94 that day were quite good!!!!! (And in 100% analogue I might add)

9. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

Why is this here? The only thing Metal about his band is its guitarist that played on Possessed.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

not to mention that the people posting dont know that on their first live album les says clear as day "hey we are primus and we suck"

11. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Wynona's Big Brown Beaver was a kind of funny song, but yeah Primus is pretty much a waste of musical time on a CD.

Sailing the Seas of Cheese- worst album I ever heard that was classified as "Rock".

12. Neem

Neem Members

Awesome band didn't listen to them much before meeting my husband lol got to go to a show last year it was tool and primes, fucking awesome!

13. Neem

Neem Members

Awesome band didn't listen to them much before meeting my husband lol got to go to a show last year it was tool and primes, fucking awesome!

14. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

I never saw Primus but have been listening to them since about 1985.

I have seen Les Claypool play with his other bands about a dozen times though. He did a stint touring with jam bands in the early 2000’s. The first time I saw him was at Gathering of the Vibes in 2000 and again at .moedown a month or two later. I also saw him play with Oysterhead.

15. Jerry Was a Race Car Driver for Winona's Big Brown Beaver