something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Rastafari' started by SaraiLoruhamah, Jan 14, 2006.

1. SaraiLoruhamah

SaraiLoruhamah Member

I am allergic to grass and probably allergic to marijuana. Rastas believe smoking is a way to get close to God right, so would they think there was something wrong with someone (like spiritually) if they couldnt tolerate marijuana, like if it made them physically ill? Just curious.

2. humblemunkey1122

humblemunkey1122 Member

3. chillaxintoday

chillaxintoday Member

absolutely not

4. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i'm not sure how being allergic to grass would automatically mean that you are allergic to cannabis sativa...just thought i'd throw that out...but i agree, probably not, but probably depends on the person judging you. and if they had a problem, you could probably tell 'em to judge not!

5. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Huh. I don't think the 2 plants are related. There are rastas that don't get red for whatever reason. As long as you don't get on other people's cases about it, I don't think most would have a problem with it.

Just like every other faith, there are lots of different rastas with lots of different views on lots of different things. I mean, Catholics and Mormons all think they're the ones who really understand Christianity. Sufis and the Taliban are all Muslims, but probably don't hang out together, you know?

Even if you never take a draw, you should read about the history of Rastafari and read the words of Haile Sellassie and read about the biblical prophecies that were fulfilled. It has far more to do with that than herb.

That's one thing about the Twelve Tribes of Israel (TTOI). The Prophet Gad said that it's not a faith of writs and rites (rules and regulations), but a function of the heart. He said that dreads aren't necessary, herb's not necessary, race doesn't matter, salvation and Rastafari is for everyone.

Remember that in the Old Testament there were so many rules about how to dress and what to eat and how to enter a building and who could do what when, that people couldn't even keep track. That's why the 10 commandments came about.

Christ said that He came not to destroy the old laws, but to fulfill them.

So, if anyone trips about eating salt or wearing dreads or smoking herb, just remember that people are flawed, and even if you could eat a perfectly ital diet and smoke herb constantly and strive diligently to never make a mistake, you'd still be flawed. You're not perfect. That's where Christ comes in. That's where Jah comes in.

I'm not saying people shouldn't try to behave themselves, just that it's not about herb or dreads. It's about where your head is at.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

allergy to grass is due to pollens and stuff, which is absent in marijuana

7. napalm_life

napalm_life Member

Maybe its gods way of saying that he doesnt wantt to know you?

8. Sarombi

Sarombi Member

no i have allergy shots and im allergic to most plants ur not snorting pollen ur smoking it doent worry

9. Alden

Alden Member

hey, why not try it?

10. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

well, i have a friend who smokes and he has a very low tolareance to the herb, he gets high as hell of like a hit, no joke. he smokes regularly to so you might have low tolerance this guy has talked of thinking he is allergic.

11. Puffis

Puffis Member

Agreed, you may not be allergic, but even if you are ganja is a way to get closer to JAH, but certainly not the only way, in fact many Rastas don't smoke the Herb.

12. Codone

Codone Member

It's totally possible to acquire an allergy to cannabis, which is a weed, not a grass. You can be allergic to virtually ANYTHING, especially upon repeated exposure to it. I, too, have experienced a decline in the positive effects of ganja and an increase in the negative ones, such as stuffy nose, headache, rapid heartbeat, anxiety, and trouble breathing. I suspect an allergy, as I'm allergic to many other things. If your skin breaks out when you touch it, that's a sure sign but doesn't have to occur for you to be allergic. And it doesn't matter whether you're breathing it, smoking it, eating it or handling it, if you have an allergy, you have an allergy.

That doesn't mean much as far as your spirituality is concerned, as not all Rastas use ganja anyway. It's just a tool to be used to ease suffering while on this earth and aid in meditation/communication with Jah. Dreads are also not a requirement, nor is flying the Rasta flag or having a shrine to Marcus Garvey. These things are just rituals like taking communion or burning incense and don't affect your relationship with or understanding of the higher power.

13. Subliminal89

Subliminal89 A Tokémon Master

how allergic are you? not like hives or anything, right? try it out and just relax take your allergy medication. i take zyrtec for my seasonal allergies to pollen, grasses like hay, and a little pet dander

14. LikeanArtist

LikeanArtist Member

I'm sorry but this cracked me up. Just because some ppl call it "grass" doesn't mean that it for face value. Slang dude. Slang.
    Also, I had a dog once that was severely allergic to grass, but man did he love his weed.
    Something to think about.

15. Lawman_Gad

Lawman_Gad Member

Bless!!! :D

I myself have a low herb tollerence. This means basically when I smoke like the bredren do, it is bedtime :rolleyes:
    I like to smoke, but on my own terms; I smoke when I want and how much I want. What's next, people telling you when, how and what to eat, drink and think? Just relax about it, smoke if you want, or don't at all.

Or maybe try some alternatives..... Bake herb cookies, boil up some herb tea (very low effect), hmmmm.... herb pancakes. Be creative, if you want. :D

16. Domdit

Domdit Member

hahaha

17. mohawky7

mohawky7 Member

i have an allergy to grass but when i smoke weed i am fine, i just get high.:spliff:

18. peace_sells

peace_sells Member

There are people who are allergic to grass, as someone say in a previous message it is about pollen; a herb; a plant.

Rasta is about LOVE and a RELATIONSHIP with JAH who creates all things good and true. JAH is not judgemental of the things you do, only man. JAH is the LORD who will have the final judgement at the end. This is not a judgement of who you are; everyone is a sinner, it is a judgement of the world and your pure and natural heart.. LOVE!!! if you crave the LORD he will accept you. He does not become quick to anger easily, HIM is FULL OF GRACE. I see it Every day and Every day I learn a whole new and pure lesson.
    As for previous texts:
    Is it not the same for someone to say if you loved the LORD why would you have Hayfever? seemed like there were plenty a silly response to this forum to me.

19. famewalk

famewalk Banned

PRAISE the LORD. The world is the middle term of the TRIAD; I..., the Other, and the reality which makes me less myself. Unfortunately, the world is uncertainly this reality to be judged, and We really do not know How to judge. The LORD judges all in the End.:coffee:

20. pattymary

pattymary Member

these are just material things, rasta should be higher than that and there are many techniques to reach higher planes than smoking..
    i know the president of the world ethiopian federation and he is not smoking, so yes you can dislike ganjah and the smell can make tou sick and still be a rasta!!
    and some of them abuse so much the herb that they turn idiot and intolerant to the point that they can t even discuss and become fanatics! we are far from a real enlightenment!!!!