Separate Paraffin and real resin.

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by TheFennec, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Thunder2002

Thunder2002 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

or would a coffee filter be too thick?

2. TheFennec

TheFennec Member

"parafinn is insoluble in water, but soluble in ether, benzene, and certain esters" from ur website...

Is resin soluble in ether, benzene, and esters?? I'm out of primary ressource for more tests :D

3. TheFennec

TheFennec Member

Btw, i saw that paraffin turns into liquid at 50°c, but i tried to purify my soap with boiled water, which is around 90°C....

4. nesta

nesta Banned

yes, those will extract THC very well

5. TheFennec

TheFennec Member

So noone is able to say if Hash is soluble in Ether, in benzene, or with esthers?

Btw, what are esthers? I knew it's a chemical component when was studying, but no clue to find some :)

6. StreetGuru

StreetGuru Guest

I decide to bump this thread as there is probably a few others that come here looking for a way to extract paraffin from good hash - i was looking for a method and this post was top of google search.
    There doesn't seem to be much help on this topic but I believe there is a way to do it. I currently have some hash that is mixed with paraffin - it has some good hash mix to it as it gets you quite high but it is flammable revealing the paraffin cut.
    I think it is possible to dissolve the hash in Butane (if you can't get the pure grade stuff just use the Butane to fill empty lighters). cut the hash in as thin pieces as possible and dissolve it in Butane - leave it a while for all the THC to dissolve into it. Filter the butane and let it evaporate (immerse it into hot water to accelerate the process - NEVER use fire close to the butane as the vapors are explosive. In fact, use extreme caution when using Butane and ALWAYS use it in a well ventilated space and away from any ignition sources - note that butane vapour can inflame with static electricity and power plugs so use your head!) At this time you will end up with BHO or hash oil - it will still have the paraffin on it as it is soluble in Butane as well. But paraffin becomes liquid at about 50C or 60C so in this pure oil form it will be possible to extract it by just heating it slightly (don't burn the oil!) and let the paraffin come to the top and just remove it by panning carefully - the liquid parafin should solidify around the oil and you are left with pure hash oil. Hope it helps you guys in the same situation