In Memoriam: Those Members who've Passed On

Discussion in 'People' started by skip, Jan 11, 2006.

1. aloneadmi

aloneadmi Member

god give the peace the soul of colonel, philmcamera, &oters

2. O.g.Beard

O.g.Beard Member

Peace to my dead brother from a different mother.

R.I.P. Cory King.

Till we meet again Big Brother hope your in a better place.
    Mamaw
    pap-paw Dove
    Libby
    Big E.
    Keep watch on me till we meet on day again.

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

"I am so sorry to tell all his good friends on the site that Dennis passed away at 10:30 PM on Sunday night. He suffered a massive heart attack and dropped dead. I do not think he suffered greatly, and efforts were made to resusitate him. He spend some many enjoyable hours on the site, and he had many good friends. I would have contacted some of you directly, but I don't have those email addresses. "

just received this on another board.. You will be missed my friend. You have contributed alot to many people on many boards. May luv n lite always be with you and you family

4. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

May all of your loved ones Rest In Peace. I'm in tears right now reading through this thread. Tears of sorrow for your losses, and tears of joy for the beautiful souls they all were. The only one I ever had any contact with was Matt In Vegas, and what a great man he was. Even as a total stranger, he offered to help me out of a horrible situation when he saw I was in trouble a few years back. Even though I didn't need his help after all, I will forever be grateful to him.

They are all an inspiration to bring as much light to this life as I can, and touch as many lives as possible, just as they did.

5. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

what a huge bummer. i assumed he just got fed up with us. :(

6. mamaKCita

wait, what? hell.

7. hippiehillbilly

8. mamaKCita

9. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

You are still remembered on here Matt.
    HUGS

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Does anyone know if AngelaGodiva is doing okay?

11. hippiehillbilly

grrrr.. go read the random thoughts thread where you found out your beloved matt was dead a year after his passing..:rolleyes:

and no, noone else knows anymore than we do. we were the last on these boards to speak to her..

12. Sonho

Sonho Member

I think about Philmy so often. He was really my first experience with knowing someone online and losing them. You just feel so.. helpless. Hippychat was always missing someone after that. Thats a damn shame about Matt too. He was always so nice..

13. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A few of you may remember Starshyne from when she was a regular here in chat, back circa 2000-2001 or so when the chat was on IRC. She was my wife of 27 years, best friend, companion, partner, soulmate, and teacher. She left this world yesterday morning after battling cancer since last fall.

She endured a lot- brain surgery, radiation therapy (which she insisted on doing while listening to Nine Inch Nails!), and chemotherapy. She endured all of it with amazing courage, saying that "If I can't beat it, I should at least set a good example for those who can." She was beautiful and gentle, yet was tough as steel at the same time.

It was Starshyne who showed me it was okay to be different, to follow my heart even when it's difficult to do so, to be... well, me. We had great times, formed and lived in a co-op, experimented with alternate lovestyles, tripped at Grateful Dead shows, danced at Pagan fests, partied at Science Fiction cons, stargazed at rainbow gatherings, laughed at comedy clubs, marveled at fireflies while camping... and so many more things. In many ways we were two crazy kids of the '70s who refused to ever really settle down. She was a really, really good person.

She loved everything about life, especially laughter, and lightning storms, and on her final night on this earth, she was sent off with the most spectacular lightning show I've probably ever seen, a goodbye fireworks show beyond compare.

She died peacefully Friday morning, in her sleep, surrounded by family, and with my hand lying gently on her face.

No words can possibly convey the wonderful person she was; I'm so lucky to have even known her. Now I must stand tall, and live the kind of life that honors her life and her dreams.

1 person likes this.
  14. Advaya

Advaya Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Aww Sunlion. She sounds like an amazing person. I've been here for years (since I was 12), but I never spent a lot of time in the chat room. We may have crossed paths though, in Rainbowland, if not in hippychat.

15. samson

samson Hepcat

I always hold my breath when I see this thread come up on recent posts... Its even sadder when its someone I know... I will be thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

16. hippiehillbilly

my heart goes out to you sunlion. i know how much she meant to you.

may the hand of your god rest on your shoulder and bring you peace and comfort during this time.

17. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sunlion, I wish your heart and soul a complete healing. Starshyne was indeed a special soul...and she's right there with you now.

18. skip

skip Founder Administrator

SunLion, I'm sad to hear about your loss.

Your wife sounds like she brought great joy in your life.

May that joy live on within you! May she rest in peace...

19. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

We all must cross over.
    The good energy you feed her to Grow on will help her come to her own in the Beyond.
    And your own Being True is the best any one can give another.
    Energy is available, door's open.

Blessings

Namaste

20. Starsrainbow

Starsrainbow ~om~

SunLion.....I just read that!!!!!
    I'm am so sorry to hear this :(

No words can I offer at the moment
    except keep that 'love light' within you.

(((((SunLion)))))