In Memoriam: Those Members who've Passed On

Discussion in 'People' started by skip, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Morphine_child

Morphine_child Member

Don't turn away
    Just take my hand
    And when you make your final stand
    I'll be right there
    I'll never leave
    All I ask of you
    Believe

2. frkadela

frkadela Member

Welcome, my child...
    Uzivaj na forumu...
    Peace and love...

3. Creek

Creek Apple Pie

I Remember Dandelion (Rag Muffin Child) From Way Back Around Chat And The Forums.... I Beleive That It Was Dandy Who Told Me That Sparrow Passed... :angel: Rest In Peace, Friends.

4. while lee

while lee Member

this is why we gather the spirit lives in each and everyone of us and love is what makes our beaT

5. Jasmina_

Jasmina_ Member

Blessed be all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frkadela vidim da si s Balkana he he....Crna Gora daklem.......eto, ja iz Hr, nova sam tu, pa ne znam ni kako da poruku posaljem kako treba, anyway, ako ti se tipka.....

For all those great heroes:

"I hope you went out smiling, like a child, into a cool remnant of a dream...."

Peace!!!!!!!

6. WVHippie

WVHippie Member

Byron Wescott Amos, 1991-2006 R.I.P. bub

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

this is for Hipforumers who have crossed over. If you give a RL name, please also use the screen name we knew them by. Thanks.

8. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

he wasnt on hipforums but he is still missed

Rest in pease

~charlie cote`~
    he died when he was a senior in high school and produced great music with his band
    "five star riot" altho he wasnt a forum member he is still greatly missed in penfeild one of the nicest people i have ever had the pleasure of meeting

9. ensue

ensue Member

may all of the mentioned, and unmentioned, people of this forum who've passed rest in peace. i send my condolences to all of their loved ones.

10. samson

samson Hepcat

every time i see this thread come back up on the recent posts, i worry about who has passed away. Glad to see that isnt the case lol

11. StonedFoxy420

StonedFoxy420 Member

Hello im new and joined i happend to come appond the convo and would llike to say that im sry for your loss and hope all is well for every one.

12. Vision

Vision Member

May they all be happy where ever they now reside.

13. mk_Finky

mk_Finky Member

RIP BRIAN MCELROY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you taught me everything i know

14. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Jesse Nicholas
    1979-2001
    Nickname "Jessee" (if I remember correctly)

He was a regular in the chatroom, and was the boyfriend of op and longtime regular of the chatroom, Misty aka "Stellablue."

He was actually the first person from hippy.com that I met in real life; he drove up from Kentucky to meet us and spend a few hours with us.

Not only did we get along, but I felt like I'd just found a new best friend. A spectacularly nice guy, funny as can be, brilliant... I remember that my wife was working on a VRML project at the time, and he even knew some tricks with the software she was using, and taught her some shortcuts while he was visiting. He invited me to ride along with him to a concert in New York City, and I was probably going to go along (Lords of Acid were playing, he was a huge fan of theirs). I remember that we were so busy talking and talking that he could hardly get out the door!

It was only a few weeks later when he died in a terrible car crash. My wife spent a few days with some of the other channel regulars offering comfort to Misty, but it was a horrible time for all involved.

I remember an Althea, but don't recall much more. I talked a lot with Dandelion and Philmcamera too, both really nice people, though I never managed to meet either in person.

Since those days I've met about a half a dozen people from these forums, and without exception, everyone has been a real joy to meet and hang out with. Some really kind people find their way here... I don't think Skip can even imagine the impact he's had on people's lives and loves by creating this site, and I'm sure glad that this "home" on the Internet is still around.

Boss_as_Diva_Girl likes this.
  15. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Yes, I remember Jesse too. We were working on at least one project together when he died. He was more than willing to spend time helping out with the sites. It was sooo sad when he died. :(

Yes, it was hard on Stellablue but I think she handled it well from what I could see & read virtually...

One of the reasons this site (and my others) were created was so that people like Jesse, and you and me can all LIVE ON, long after our deaths.

When I started as a webmaster I realized the archival power the web would have. In fact everyday now I scan, OCR and post up some article from the 60s onto Hippy.com

Some of the writers are long gone, I just contacted one whose article I posted today and it turns out he's still having the same argument with a College rival (about violent demonstrations) that he was having 30 years ago.

But that article would be long lost if I hadn't ressurected it from an old book from 1971.

Likewise we are all now immortalized here on the forums. So be careful what you post because ppl will be reading it decades from now, maybe even your grandchild! :)

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Does anyone know about Maggie Sugar?She hasn't been on since April,'07.

17. bustramp

bustramp Member

[​IMG]

In Loving Memory of Cornelius Van Putten 1948--2007.
    Suffered from Melanoma. Lived in Santa Fe.
    He wasn't a member but he was a great influence on my life.
    Neil you were always so full of life, so humorous.
    I'll forever miss you.
    Your brother Jim.

Bustramp

18. SMOKEE420

SMOKEE420 Member

Oh wow alot has happend since i have been gone. but my prayers go out too there families.

19. iamian

iamian Member

Hi Guys and Gals :) I just thought, being a new member and all.. that if you would like I could create a remembrance video for all the beloved members that have left us..

A good way for me to get to know you and to show some respect...

please let me know if you think it's a good idea..

all the best... ian.

20. skip

skip Founder Administrator

To All:

Matt Thomas (known as Matt In Vegas) passed away on Feb 22, 2008 at 11:15 p.m. He was at Sunrise Hospital. The family wanted to let everyone know that knew Matt or Talked to him what happened. The services and viewing are going to be held at Palm Mortuary on Main St. We also wanted to thank everyone who talked to him. He really enjoyed every moment. Again Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
    The Thomas Family and Friends

Matt was one of our earliest members on the forums. He was always helpful and went out of his way for people. He was very kind and concerned about others. He will be missed by many here.

R.I.P. Matt in Vegas...

1 person likes this.