If anyone's passing through northeast alabama!

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by alabamagetaway26, Jan 7, 2006.

1. alabamagetaway26

alabamagetaway26 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Just thought I'd drop a line and let anyone know that if your'e ever passing through Alabama, make your way through Gadsden. I have a few acres and some sweet camping spots with Black Creek beside you. (if you follow black creek a couple of miles it takes you to Noccalula falls, look it up, man it's sweet!) I would love to be a host and share my good fortune! Sometimes it's hard to find a place to stay for a while if you wanna chill a week or two! Maybe we can make some music, crafts or something together!

C'ya
    Dave

Do you spread the love online and then get in your car and avoid the people next to you at the red light? Just keep looking straight ahead, or fiddle with something in your console, cellphone, etc? I have and you have to ask yourself why ? and see what you come up with, it may change someone's day for the better to have a smile thrown their way! Or they might just think your'e a freak and call the police.......

2. smlchance

smlchance Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey Dave,

That's a mighty fine offer of ya. I may be headed that way in a few weeks. Let me know whats all goin on and if the place is still open. I'd probly only stay for a day or so but it would be great to meet kynd folk!

cheers.
    Steve

3. hippygurl81

hippygurl81 Member

Hey Dave, do you know of any upcoming shows or festivals in your area??? I love to camp!!! I live in the area & I am going to try out camping at horsepens 40. I heard it was a neat place to go. Sometimes they have bluegrass festivals there.

4. alabamagetaway26

alabamagetaway26 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

That's probably one of the only festivals that I know of around here. You have the Foggy Hollow Bluegrass Festival down in Webster's Chapel on June 2-3. A really cool place and good time. Of course there's Horse Pens 40, which is a really sweet place too. Here's their schedule:

March
    BoulderGrass @ Horse Pens 40 -- March 10, 11, 12
    Echota Wolf Clan - Spring New Moon Ceremony -- March 31, April 1, 2

May
    Spring Bluegrass Festival -- May 19, 20,

June
    ‘Strawberry Moon’ Motorcycle Rally -- June 9, 10
    Independence Day Bluegrass Festival -- June 30, July 1, 2

July

Independence Day Bluegrass Festival -- June 30, July 1, 2

September
    Echota Wolf Clan - Green Corn Moon Ceremony -- Sept. 1, 2, 3

October
    7th District Gathering - CTNEAL -- Oct. 21
    Echota Wolf Clan - Great New Moon Festival -- Oct. 20, 21, 22
    ‘Pumpkin Moon’ Motorcycle Rally -- Oct. 6, 7
    Fall Bluegrass Festival -- Oct. 13, 14,

Apparently they have a lot of music festivals to go to. I'll be there for sure!
    Every now and again, there's a free show or something with local bands up here at Noccalula Falls on their stage. And on most warmer weekends there's a place called Little Rock City (Cherokee Rock Village) that will usually be packed out with campers all weekend. People come there from all around to climb and check out the view. Always a good time!