Do your kid a favor and dont homeschool

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by underplay, Jan 6, 2006.

1. wrstlergrlx

wrstlergrlx Member

wow sorry about thyat guys! i posted like 4 time lol

2. wrstlergrlx

wrstlergrlx Member

damn...you're a loser

3. wrstlergrlx

wrstlergrlx Member

damn...you're a loser

4. wrstlergrlx

wrstlergrlx Member

damn...you're a loser, i mean i agree with you about how home schooling is not an ideal situation(but neither is public school) you sound like my ex he couldent take public school, and resents his family(and he's a loser too) try to understand that every one's situation isent the same as yours and even if you dont benifit from home schooling a lot of kids who see the value of hobbies, sports and everything except watching naked women dance, drinking and worshiping that dumbass bam

5. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

There is always "meetup.com", otherwise you will have to either open your mind or sit back and deserve your lot until your 18.

6. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

Sounds like a parenting choice and not the fault of home schooling. Many communities homeschool thier children together. So the typical sterotype of children being locked away with no socialization is not entirely true. Should you not complain to the people that placed the burden upon you.... your parents? I KNOW that my child will not be home schooled in the fashion that you portray!
    Az

7. Fjolnirsson

Fjolnirsson Member

Nevermind....

8. HADLEYCHICK

HADLEYCHICK Member

Come on people lets not slam each other. Intelligent debate does not have to involve threats. Thanks for including the Wikepedia reference, as a journalist I love to see proof of stuff.
    I would argue that there are plenty of public school kids with issues. And just because you don't hear about something in the media doesn't mean it isn't any fun. You hear about all sorts of stuff in songs- I was at a club last week and ended up dancing to a song that literally repeated "I'm sorry your cat has ass cancer" as its chorus. You hear about raping women, killing people, ODing and lots of stuff that I would not qualify as fun. Sure sex is fun, drugs are fun (but a waste of money and brain cells imo). Dancing and partying are fun. But, they don't prepare you for life after high school very well. Getting a job is a great use of homeschool time. Volunteering sets you up with skills later on in life that could be useful. Think of it this way... the more preparation you do now to build a career and skillset the more money you'll have to place in ladies garter belts when you are old enough to go to clubs.
    H

9. sweet_dream

sweet_dream Member

I don't think the problem is necessarily a difference between homeschooling and public schooling. There are many forms of homeschooling ranging from isolated homeschooling to community homeschooling. Then there are vast differences in the way different communities run things. Similar comparisons could be made about the public schools. In some towns, there is more bullying and more cliques in the schools while in others there exists a student culture that is more integrated and cooperative. There are vast differences between urban schools and rural schools, and differences between public school systems in the same region. It is up to the parents to choose a community and a school system or homeschool approach that they think their children will thrive in, both in a learning sense as well as socially.

10. dreadiemama26

dreadiemama26 Member

1. Are you saying that you wish you could have beaten people up to prove that you are "better than them"??

2. Obviously NOT everyone has to go to school, there are way more home schooled kids than you think,and besides most of the kids in school are pretending to be someone they are not, so you really don't get to know them at all???!!

3. Are you saying those things are "ghey" (whatever that is) because you have experienced them all and know others that have? Because I know a lot that would say those things helped get them through those years, and were some of their best memories. Obviously if you only knew your parents for your whole life you have seriously missed out on these valuable oppurtunities. Maybe you have anger issues??

4. pfffft, i won't even say it.

5. Again..... WTF is "ghey"??

6. Obviously you hate your parents, and they obviously made a lot of mistakes in the choices they made in homeschooling you. Most parents that homeschool, I hate to break it to you, are not like YOUR parents.

.......So maybe you couold try to look at it differently, knowing that there are a lot of kids out there that LOVE homeschooling, of course because their parents know what is important to/for their children, and make the effort to make school as fun as it can be. It's the only way to encourage learning, really....if you aren't interested you aren't going to remember it. All the standardized testing in the world doesn't prove a thing, if the information doesn't stick.

11. Valdis

Valdis Member

People of any age that blame everyone else for what they don't like in their lives piss me off. Of course that's a very common adolescent - teen point of view. I've also seen this be very common of online "netaholics," who won't actually DO anything with their lives but sit in front of a computer and whine. To those people I submit this quote as food for thought.

"The dream you are living is your creation. It is your perception of reality that you can change at any time. You have the power to create hell, and you have the power to create heaven. Why not dream a different dream? Why not use your mind, your imagination, and your emotions to dream heaven?" ~ Don Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements.

Good luck in the future,

Valdis

12. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

Okay, seriously. To the OP:

1. You claim to have been in public school before.
    2. Prior to being homeschooled, you were 2 years behind.
    3. Your parents claim that the people in your public school are bad influences.
    4. Every social-interaction advice given, you turn it away, calling it "ghey".

ALL OF THIS LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT:

When you were in public school, you were hanging with a bad crowd. You didn't do your school work, may or may not have gotten into trouble related to the people you were hanging out with, maybe skipped classes, maybe started to show a bit of societal dysfunction.

Your parents got worried about you and your future, and in trying to do what is best for you, put you into homeschooling. They probably did this in hopes that you would be isolated from the bad influences you were hanging with, as well as giving you time to make up work that you were sorely behind in.

Your complaints of no social interaction are probably due to the fact that you really only know how to do a very few number of things outside of schoolwork. You probably don't have any hobbies, outside of boobs and alcohol.

I know I'm generalising. But from your tone and info you've provided, you just sound like a whiny teenager, unwilling to change your situation for the better or take any advice given to you.

If this is wrong at any point, I'm truly sorry.

13. violetbreeze40

violetbreeze40 Member

In tenth grade i chose to sign out of highschool and homeschool myself. If ound that it was much more peaceful learning in comfort and at my own pace, I could work more, and just discover more about myself than when i was in highschool where you're constantly under social pressure about who you should be, what you should think, do, etc. Even though I love it still, i got pretty lazy with it all and now have to work my ass off to catch up on things. I really want to go back for my senior year just to say i was there. I feel that i kind of have another chance to try harder in school and be with my friends before they all move off to college and i probably wont see half of them again. I'm not a kid anymore but realize that when you homeschool your children, it shouldnt be forever, they really (and i do) need more of a social and worldly experience.

14. The Shombadia

The Shombadia Member

I moved and started homeschooling. It sucks big balls of steel. Like a steel train. You need to have a life outside of your parents. Sometimes they can be really shitty people to talk to because you know them too well and you know there reactions.

15. freedom for all

freedom for all Member

i know some kids who are homeschooled, and they have been all their lives. thy are really fucked up with lack of social interaction, and their mom shields them from everything. the sad part, is their almost grown up and if you say something even slightly anti-christian, they will make a big deal out of it. its got to be boring as hell being homeschooled, because your stuck in your house all day, adn there is no one else around. its a wonder home schoolers dont end up in mental assylems...

16. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

than your living the wrong lifestyle. iwas homeschooled from 5th grade on. it teaches you a sense of individualism that you do not get in a group learning environment. my mom was an active member in the saturday market(eugene oregon..home of the hippies;)) plus i am very close to my little sister and older brother, my little sister and me were homeschooled together and are absolute best friends:)...so yahno what..quit whining and make a life for yourself!

17. Sarchi

Sarchi Member

A lot of people are blaming lousy parenting on homeschooling, let's call it what it is. Bad parenting.

My ex has raised my eldest kid on isolation homeschooling, she's almost 11 and has no life. It pains me to no end and I can't even imagine how she feels. I hope she grows up fast and rebels, she's always welcome with me. But my gf and I homeshcool our kids and they're fine. I know a lot of homeschooling families and 95% of them are really doing well.

Some people get a shitty deal, this thread reminds me of that film about Amish teens and what happens when they cut loose from home, they get into every kind of bad shit you can name. So dude got homeschooled and as soon as he can he'll cut loose and show the world what he's learned? Mysoginy. Fuck.

18. underplay

underplay Member

so alot of shit has recently changed well im im not going to school anymore..i went to a shitty regular school..then i dropped out after i got some good dealers and met some old friends.

i have to say being homeschooled really changed my life for the worst because it made me COMPLETELY anti-social, i forgot how it was like being around other people. And this effected my mindset alot more then what i first thought.

i remember back before i was homeschooled i was a very outoging person and had alot of friends..i felt like a normal person, if i saw myself in 2 years time i would have probably spit on myself.

now when i chill with any of my friends or just anyone for that matter..i dont know how to have fun. i can tell that my mind set is totally different and my point of veiw is definetly unique compared to others. i dont have any humor, no creativity..shyness..i feel dull..

well now my family has broken apart, i dont feel like im really important anymore..i have already failed and everyone has already lost hope in my life..i was the youngest and my brothers and sister all expected so highly of me. but just as my dad it seems drugs, negativity, and insecurness have taken over my mind. At one point i was a very talented person who had everything going for me..i was proud of myself once before but now im shameful.

19. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

Again, why didn't anyone try and direct your education during homeschooling? If your parents aren't going to take responsibility for your best interest, then of course homeschooling won't work.

20. Sarchi

Sarchi Member

Hang in there man, don't despair. When you're young it's important to have "the answers", this becomes less important as you go through life. Yes you do need to feel a sense of purpose. But take some time to heal from these wounds and not worry about all that stuff. You still have the rest of your life to get it right. (whether in school or not, the things you're feeling aren't that uncommon at your age...unfortunately)

Try to lean on your older siblings and tell them honestly what you're going through. There's no reason to feel you've failed them, who knows, maybe they're also feeling that way toward you? Communication is good.

If nothing else, lean on some members here for support. People care about you, so let us try to help.

p.s. please, stay away from drugs if you're in a bad state of mind, they'll only amplify it and it'll become a self-destructive pattern. Btdt I'm saying this from experience. Self-medicating depression is a roulette game where the stakes are potentially your own sanity. Depression is a very serious thing, it can be totally debilitating at times; and you're more likely to suffer from it all your life if you do too much dope at a young age. Again, this has been my own experience, I'm not just blowing hot air. Talk to a doctor and find out if you're going through a 'major depressive episode'. I've had two.