Incense

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Cloudminerva, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Cloudminerva

Cloudminerva Member

How many of you guys like Liquid Blue incense? I love their stuff. I am burning Aqua Ecstasy right now. I also love the Wildberry incense company and Aromas Unlimited. Is anybody making home-made incense? If so I might like to try some.

Peace,
    Ben.

2. morningsong347

morningsong347 Member

Aaaahhh... Liquid Blue has the best incense!!! My favorite of theirs is Mushroom Majic, Fairy( something) and Dose of Fantasy!

3. DejaVoo

DejaVoo stardust

Wait..you can make ur OWN insence? wow...how?????

4. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

one basic way is to get orange peel and dry it over night next day burn it and u have a luchious orange incence. I was told this by a guy who had done it while he was in jail (hes an activist) and he tried it one night got loads of inquieries from other cell mates the next day and the next day the whole place was ful of people burning orange incence :p

1 person likes this.
  5. Cloudminerva

Cloudminerva Member

Yes, Fairy Reflections is great. I'm am almost positive that it has magnolia in it.
    I like these too,

Power High, Aqua Ecstacy, Fairy Reflections, Enchanted Sprite, Mushroom Vision, Shroom Haven, Space Your Face, Dose of Fantasy, and I really want to try this new scent called Ebony Beauty. It's in a new category of Liquid Blue incense called Rasta Roots.

As for making incense, I have seen a couple books on the web that have great instructions for getting oi mixtures, creating your own, and hand-dipping your incense.

Ben.

6. vanilla

vanilla Member

wow, nice names

all we get here are

lilac, vanilla, jasmine

just their plain old names and they are imported too.
    I live in a weird country

7. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

Isn't liquid blue the same company that makes tye dyes/tee shirts?

i don't know, I used to love all kinds of incense, especially anything strawberry :p But lately I've been spoiled on nag champa and superhit. I also like homemade sandalwood, I can't stand the pre-packaged stuff....it just smells like smoke.

8. Cloudminerva

Cloudminerva Member

Yes, Liquid Blue makes awesome t-shirts as well. Nag Champa is great, too. I like a lot of the different blends of Nag Champa and the Hem companies. Stuff like Valley of Roses, Satya Royal, Night Queen, and Ylang Ylang. Super Hit and Nag Champa are some of the best.

Peace,
    Ben.

9. Blunkporkington

Blunkporkington Members

I too love the Liquid Blue incense. Specificly Aqua Ecstasy which IMHO is the most wonderful scent that I have ever encountered in an incense. Unfortunately for about the last two years every time I go to the Liquid Blue site it says that Aqua Ecstasy is out of stock. I have written emails to the sales staff and even talked to someone on the phone and they tell me that they won't be gettting any more of it. I even asked for their suppliers name as I am willing to buy a large lot of it if need be or I could at least find out if it is sold to someone else under another name. Although very courteous on the phone Liquid Blue was not willing to give out that info. It seems after many google searches over the last couple of years, that Liquid Blue was the only seller of this incense. At least under the name Aqua Ecstasy.

I am posting here in a desperate attempt at getting some kind of info about this elusive incense. I burned my last stick about a year ago and I am jones'in for my Aqua Ecstasy. Does anyone know if it sold anywhere else under another name. Maybe somebody could tell me what the scent is. It seems that I have sniffed every stick of incense in every store within a 10 mile radius in my unsuccessful search for this olfactory orgasm.

Any information about where I could get my hands on some more will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dean

10. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

I found a brand called Song of India. Really, really heavenly smell. Pretty expensive as far as incense goes, too - I'm saving my pack for special events :D

I also LOVE Wild Berry - my favorite so far is Havana Blue! So many to try, though!

11. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I'm not sure what the brand is of my stuff but it's kinda expensive but very good. It comes in a cylindrical container and the essence are water, metal, earth and fire.

12. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

Raspberry leaf is lovely. Light and fresh and green, fast burning so it makes a good base to keep the incense lit. It's tricky in hand shaping because it likes to fluff up, so I need to add extra water as I shape, but the extra work is well worth it. It's also edible and possible to wild harvest in my area, so if the niece or nephew try to eat it, I don't have to call poison control and haven't lost much.

Psyillium seed husk fiber, avalible with GF bake supplies or as a laxative supplement has almost no smell of it's own and makes an excellent texture for hand shaping, almost like bread dough. too much and it holds moisture for ever and can mold, but a little in the mix works great. It's also edible.

LorAnn candy flavorings are cheep, edible, and burn true to the fragrance in the bottle. good if you want a fruit based scent, and less expensive than essential oils.

Now company jasmine fragrance is technically edible when diluted and burns well.

Star anise, minus the seeds(save those for cooking and teas) is slow burning like a resin and sweet in a mix, as well as edible. Give it quality time in the coffee grinder and sift out the bits that are too had to powder with a reusable mesh coffee filter.

Recipe:

1/4 teaspoon fine ground psyllium seed husk

1/4 teaspoon fine ground star anise

1 tablespoon fine ground raspberry leaf, packed

2 drops each LorAnn almond, LorAnn strawberry, Now jasmine fragrance.

water

Slowly add water to the other ingredients and mix well till a favorable texture occurs for shaping. If mix gets too wet, kneed or air dry till it starts to stiffen, if too dry, Kneed in more water. Air dry.

Starts creamy sweet, becomes lightly fruity, settles into a delicate white floral with dewy notes.

Changing company of oil or substituting any ingredients will alter fragrance and may alter burn rate, but the basic formula should have some room for experimentation and customization. When I used green stevia leaf in place of raspberry, it was more strongly floral with hints of green tea, like a good jasmine green, but less dewy, and still burned steady and pleasant.

1 person likes this.
  13. mysticrabbit

mysticrabbit Members

I have never tried the liquid blue ones, I usually just buy the Wild berry ones in little shops. I always get fizzy pop and cherry vanilla :daisy:

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

mostly changa candles..

15. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Thanks for this. As someone who uses charcoal and plant matter, it's good to see instructions to make your own cones.

16. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

Don't get me wrong, I do love a charcoal disk with resin and herbs, even a grill fire after cooking or live black smithing demos and camp fires.

I just don't want them in a small room when it's too cold for me to want to be outside. Yes, I DID learn the disk is not for inside use the hard way, why do you ask?

But yeah, this makes for a way I can enjoy resins, oils, or pleasant smelling herbs year round, options for custom blends for spiritual stuffs, and possible gifts for friends with small kids who worry extra about possible poisons or allergies.

Also, I make hand rolled sticks because they dry in about 24 hours, so I know it's about a day till I can test burn a new blend. Cones may take a bit less work to shape, but the thickness can slow dry time and ups your risk of mold. Please watch cones closely and discard immediately if they grow fuzz.