Cream of Wheat (delicious)

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Rigamarole, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Rigamarole

Rigamarole Senior Member

So I grew up eating delicious cream of wheat. Then I bought some on my own and tried making it according to the directions, and it was bland and gross.

So of course I called up the old mom to find out what her secret was. Sure enough, it's this:

Make it like the directions say (with milk) and and after the cream of wheat is boiled and in the simmer phase, add butter, sugar (white and brown), vanilla extract, maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg (all to taste. I mean you could figure out exact measurements but it's really more fun to just toss 'em all in there).

YUM! That's what I've been missin'!

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I make mine the same way, except I don't use any butter or honey. But yes, it's delish! :)

3. Biggen

Biggen Banned

Cream of Wheat...Hell yeah!

4. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

That sounds really frackin good. :eek: I usually just load up on brown sugar.

I like to let the cream of wheat get really lumpy and hard and pour milk around the edges so it floats up like a little island...:rolleyes:

Is that weird? :(

5. Keanua Otter

Keanua Otter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

mmm, perfect for a cold and grey day like today. i'm gonna go make some right now! with peanut butter, my personal favorite! sanks rigamarole!

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I used to LOVE 'maple brown sugar' cream of wheat UNTIL B&G FOODS bought them and ruined it!! (Tastes like complete garbage)

I loved it for 20 years or more....... It was Nabiscos at first. Then they sold it to KRAFT who did not change it... THEN THEY SOLD IT TO B&G who ruined it.......

I havent had any for many years until i found MALT-O-MEAL "Maple brown sugar" cream of wheat a couple weeks ago!! (Tastes like Nabiscos did)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FKAMPQW

Only thing is THERE ISNT AS MUCH FLAVOUR and I'd like to be able to make it more!!! (And ya gotta add your own salt)

BUT ITS MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT B&G HAS TURNED CREAM OF WHEAT INTO... Crap!! (They added caramel colour,etc)