what are you working on?

Discussion in 'Knitty Gritty' started by sarahstar, Nov 20, 2005.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

i want a knit kozy for my bicycle seat !!

2. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

that should be a tricky project!
    peace and good luck!
    Delfynasa

3. arachne88

arachne88 Guest

Ooh yay a knitting board :)

I always have a lot of projects going. Right now it's a spiderweb-esque shawl and a couple pair of socks (one in blue stripes for a friend and an awesome pair in rainbow stripes for me).

4. Abra Cadaver

Abra Cadaver Member

I finished knitting a lace, vintage inspired scarf for a friend for Christmas. I'm currently working on a warm hat. Maybe for myself or for someone else. :)

Crochet wise I have a granny square blanket on the go that I work on periodically until I miss knitting. :)

5. hall

hall Member

another hat cause I apparently need a billion hats and scarves. lol

6. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

I finally figured out how to knit a shawl and found a simple pattern, so I'm making that.

The pattern is super easy; Cast on THREE, K1 y/o at the beginning of each row, knit all other stitches in row until its as wide as you want it, each time you turn it you increase by one and end up with a nice eyelet pattern along the edge so it doesn't curl:)

Cheers:sunny:
    Lois

7. Krystal_J

Krystal_J Members

Ive just finished Making myself a tam to keep my dreads nice and snug. Next time ill make it a little more slouchy but hey not bad for second try :) im so excited to start another one :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

1 person likes this.
  8. I'm making a loose sweater of my own design. I work in a charity shop and brought home a donated sweater in the most marvellous colour of purple with other colours running through it. I ripped it down, am making the sweater and there will be enough left for socks! Happy days indeed!

1 person likes this.
  9. fundoo

fundoo Members

Little confused. You took apart the existing sweater and are reworking it?

---------------

A nyhoo, I'm also working on something knit. It's from an existing pattern, but I'm changing the colors for the star or starlet pattern portion so it is a little unique. Never done it before, so hoping this will work out, because I plan to give the sweater to my nephew for the winter.

10. Yeah. It was apparently not saleble because it was a bit grubby even though it was clearly almost new. I popped a small donation in, took it home, washed it and well the rest is history. It is a good quality yarn and the now finished socks and sweater are marvellous. Have already worn them both! [​IMG]

11. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

12. Angelmama

I crochet shawls and give them to random people I meet.
    I'm working on one in lavender and green... reminds me of a lilac bush. It's a broomstick lace pattern.
    I'm making some potholders with bright colors in cotton yarn too.

13. I can design and knit anything and sew anything but - crochet? A fucking mystery to me!

14. Angelmama

I actually learned at 15 from the mother of a member of a popular group in 1968.
    I found out his parents lived nearby, so I befriended his mother and spent time at his house...well, the house he grew up in.
    I figured he'd be back sometime.
    Even though I was there at Christmas, I never did see him...but I did learn to crochet!

etherea likes this.