what are you working on?

Discussion in 'Knitty Gritty' started by sarahstar, Nov 20, 2005.

1. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

i've got a few projects going (and really trying to not start any new ones until these are finished since they are all gifts). i'm working on a simple verticle striped scarf (crochet) for my mom in red, white, and blue, some armwarmers (knitted) for my little sister in greens, oranges, and browns, and two fuzzy scarves (knitted) by request for two girls at work. and also a plain grey scarf for my boyfriend - i guess i should count that too, hehe, even though it's not as fun to work on with the lack of color.

so what are you working on?

2. knitin.chick

knitin.chick Members

i'm working on a ballet wrap sweater (crocheted) right now. it's my own pattern so we'll see how it turns out. lol :D

3. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

I am attempting to work on a tank top...but it isn't working, obviously. Was told by a lovely woman who was willing to help to use "short row increasing". WTF? Will spend some time today looking for a tutorial.

4. Acorn

Acorn Member

a rug, socks, and a dress, and i think thats about it. ive got way more things planned though.

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i'm still working on the same <insert obscenity> sweater that i started in the summer. *sigh* i'm on the last sleeve, but i think i want to rework the neckline. it looks like it's going to be too constricting.

6. knittin.pretty

knittin.pretty Banned

I actually found a fantastic pattern for slippers, I'm working on making a few pairs using different yarns for people in my family.

7. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

Busy making a tam.. without knitting round :p I'll knit a little rugthingy and make it so that it becomes a tam :p can anyone tell me how to knit round?
    so that my next tam will become round knit? :p

8. ShortyAH

ShortyAH Member

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCRUObS0Tc

Like this, learned from it, but it's crochet... still can help to knit.

9. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

making a pair of jeans and some parachute pants.

10. fruit bat

fruit bat All dumplings are real.

11. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i'm working on a bag that i've been working on for AGES... also working on a washcloth.... and have hopes to start working on a hat soon... :)

12. biscuits&yarn

biscuits&yarn Member

I'm crocheting a laptop sleeve, it's about half done. I just finished crocheting my summer tree...I'm planning on making a tree for each season, one down...3 to go. :)
    I've been sewing a brown dress, which I think is going to now be a brown skirt...I'm having a ton of trouble with the top. I was hoping to have it done by a wedding on the 25th, but I think it's too casual. I'm embroidering a deer and tree on the side of the skirt. Maybe I should attempt to motivate and go work on that for awhile. :p
    So many not finished projects. :)

:peace:

13. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

ooooooooh boy...lets see-a misty grreen knitted poncho
    in squares, a multi color granny square shawl, a green and
    purple crochet poncho, an autumn earth tone prayer shawl
    for my brother's friends 'cause her husband died, a ginormous
    7' x7' afgan for my brother that is left over colors but with lots
    of green in a ripple patter...his blanket of many colors....and
    a couple of latch hook rugs.....
    gulp
    bb
    Delfynasa

14. MunaJadida

MunaJadida Member

I just finished my first crochet projects ever. I made my niece a rose and cream blanket and then I made my son a hat with purple and cream. I'm proud of the blanket because it was the first thing I ever finished. I'm proud of the hat because I pretty much designed it myself. I started with the pattern for a bag, then expanded it to fit his head. The ear flaps I designed myself. It's a VERY simple pattern, of course. I'm going to try and share pictures tomorrow.

This is what I'm making next. I have a green, red, and white Christmas yarn and I'm going to edge it in the cream and also make a star out of the cream for the front (I have a lot of it left over).

After that, I'm going to make a blanket to donate to Project Linus, a charity that gives handmade blankets to kids with terminal illnesses.

15. melyet

melyet Member

16. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

a giant, use everthing, leftovers, ripple afghan for my
    older brother. I have been working on it for ever it seems
    but this year I will really finish it for a present for him.
    peace
    Delfynasa

17. Abra Cadaver

Abra Cadaver Member

I've recently got back into knitting, I find it helps to keep me calm in times of stress and anxiety.

I'm working on a scarf right now and I have a few others planned for gifts for friends. :)

18. ice-nine

ice-nine Member

I'm working on a few projects at the moment.
    I've got the 2nd sleeve of a zip-front cardigan on one set of needles, that will be for my lover.
    Then I have a pair of toe-up socks on a couple of circular needles, that will hopefully be for myself. These have a really intricate cable design that is a delight to knit.
    I've got a panel started for a knee-length cardigan for a family member (this won't get finished till next winter).
    And lastly (i think), I have a flower pillow that needs to be finished. I've knitted one side of it, and need to knit the 2nd side; but haven't got it on the needles yet as I've been too distracted by the other projects.

Anyone else have a hard time only working on one project at a time?

19. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

yes, difinatly! Many at once, although I did finish the multi colored granny squared shawl with funky stitches for a friend and am only a few rows and tucks away from finally finishing Jon's ginormous afghan!woohoo! Will, I finish up other things or start two or three new things-time will tell-heheh
    peace
    Delfynasa

20. ice-nine

ice-nine Member

The trouble is as I'm working on one project, I'm still looking at other patterns/books/magazines/online sites. So find so many other things I want to make. I've always said, it'd be perfect if I could have multiple sets of arms, like a Hindu Goddess. Then I could work on everything at once, and still get cooking/cleaning done as well.

We shan't talk about the various other craft projects concealed in various cupboards about my house. :blush5: