Who sleeps in a sleeping bag? :-)

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by Midget, Nov 20, 2005.

1. greengoddess

greengoddess Nature Freak!

I used to when I was little... I had the new kids on the block sleeping bag so I slept in it every night for awhile... lol I loved it...

now I just do it when camping.. I love camping!!

2. high_down_under

high_down_under Member

in the summer i sleep on my bed with my doona, but in winter i sleep on my floor with a sleeping bag.
    i dont like doing that in summer cause of the mosquitos. usually when i do sleep on the floor, i leave my blinds and windows open. its really relaxing to wake up to a small breeze and sunrise:)

3. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Member

Every night, actually. It makes me not miss sleeping outside as much when I'm between hikes.

:)

4. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

Sleeping bags are nice when needed, but I like a nice bed when I can get it.

5. razor_hot_sticks

razor_hot_sticks Member

When the temp starts to hit below 0 nothing beats sleeping in a nice warm sleeping bag. Mine has a hood you can tighten up and it traps in heat...so cozy. Regular blankets just won't do when its like -20 unless you have piles of them, but thats too much weight for me.

6. Pinecone

Pinecone Member

haha. The 'cold' side is the best...

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

my kids call sleeping bags.. goodnight pockets

8. Midget

Midget Senior Member

9. cosmicsurfer

cosmicsurfer Member

I sleep in a sleeping bag.I don't like making beds myself.I have a futon bed and I use it as a couch.

10. thecrowing86

thecrowing86 Member

Last month I realized that my couch pulled out into a bed, and I'm too lazy to put on sheets, so I've been sleeping in a sleeping bag for the past month or so :)

11. Henry151

Henry151 Member

I have a futon that i draped over my couch, and I sleep on that... but my couch is about a foot shorter then I am, so it's getting really uncomfortable. I'm embarrassed at how gross my sleeping habits are--I often don't change my sheets for over a month at a time, and I don't use a top sheet, and I sleep in my clothes.... and I don't use a pillow case, which people find gross. Anybody here use a pillow stuffed with buckwheat? the chinese or japanese used to use them a lot... anyway, I think I'm gonna start sleeping in a sleeping bag, it'll be good for my back.

12. thecrowing86

thecrowing86 Member

Scratch my last post, I sleep on the floor now...

13. razor_hot_sticks

razor_hot_sticks Member

It's usually a lot longer than a month that I wash my sheets[​IMG]. I went through a very long period of no pillow cases and no bottom sheet, on just a mattress on the floor. At one point the mattress had all of these holes in it with springs jetting out every which way, with beer caps and crumbs in them. It didn't even phase me...I guess I was smoking a lot of ganja at the time or something. Really though, I don't think their is anything wrong with being comfortable easily, without all of those little luxuries that people whine about when they don't have them.

14. Kris

Kris Visitor

I used to use a sleeping bag for sleeping untill i broke the zipper. Now it just substitutes as a comforter when needed. Now I have a huge home made blanket.

15. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

Dont buy a sleeping bag man,it`s so uncomfortable!!!!Just sleep on the ground,that`s what i do somethimes lol;)!

16. dannyandkodiak

dannyandkodiak Member

One of my new years resolutions was to make my bed every morning. It went well for about a month and then I just got so sick of it.. If sleeping in a sleeping bag would make you happy, I say go for it. It would be one less thing to have to worry about. Probably very comfortable to. :) Danny