I have so much i want to do, how do i decide?

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Colours, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Colours

Colours Senior Member

How do you decide what you want to do for the rest of your life? I have three things that i love equally: Physics, Animals, and Philosophy. And they are all as different as night and day, so i dont see how i would be able to combine even two of these. I could also see myself writing, as i love to write, and i love music as well. I dont know what to do. How did you guys realize what you wanted to do for the rest of your lives?
    And i hope i dont sound like a kid saying "i want to be a firefighter, a cop, asoldier" I genuinly love all of these, and i could see myself doing any of them for a living.

2. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

you could be a philosopher who's primary area is the physics of animals..

3. Colours

Colours Senior Member

=o that would be something :D

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I just kinda went for something I could make a living at doing... it may not be the strongeset passion but this way I can work until I have enough money to go back to school, save up enough to go do what I love without worrying about where my next meal is coming from. I mean, you can love some things, but can you afford to live doing them? I love video games, but I can't spend my whole life playing them without starving, y'know

5. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

double major?

6. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

Yeah, I say double major in physics and biology, and then minor in philosophy.

...that's what I'll end up doing, I know. Well, with different subjects. But everything is at your fingertips, so why not take it. It is even worth an extra year of school if you need.

7. Keanua Otter

Keanua Otter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

go to barnes and noble and buy Gary Goldschneiders Secret language of Birthdays & Secret Language of Destiny
    i just checked your birthday and sure enough you are a major multi tasker.BRIEFLY:
    June Fourth
    The Day Of Critical Expertise

skipped first paragraph....

Those born on this day are never happier than when in the learning stages of a profession or interest, acting the role of student or apprentice and working to perfect themselves. it is important that they always have a new project on the horizon because they can quickly grow dissatisfied with any sort of constricting work that limits their delvelopment...

8. Keanua Otter

Keanua Otter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

it goes into serious detail and you will find some peace of mind in knowing that you are behaving according to your cosmic plan. Get the 411 on your destiny from him, please. he is as accurate as humanly possible in explaining your true nature and path. trust me, i know.

9. Colours

Colours Senior Member

heheh, ill think about that. Its not so much that i get restless adn want new things, but as i started to think about what i want to do in life, all of these thigns came to mind at once.
    I think the Physics is out.. if i was lucky, i might end up teaching. but i could never do research for a living, which is what i would want to. I realize that only the real geniuses in physics actually get to conduct new research i nthe field now adays. Since my interest in particle physics only sparked around a year ago, im afraid ive had a bit of a late start.. ive never even taken a physics class. (well i have, but i blew it off and got a C).