Church of the Good Earth 1963 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Church of the Good Earth' started by shameless_heifer, Aug 18, 2005.

1. wlzev

wlzev Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

SH: I remember your face. But what name did you use back then?

2. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

SEV my name was Nailcakes

3. wlzev

Nails
    I seem to remember people called you Nails or Cakes and very rarely Nailcakes. But then, it has been a long time. I'm trying to find some pictures from then. I'll post them when I do. I posted what I look like now but I don''t think you'd recognize me from them.
    ZEV[​IMG]

4. shameless_heifer

Most of the people called me Cakes, sometimes they called me Nails..lol.. Your right I don't reconise your pictures from now, but prolly would remember an old snapshot.

Spud sent me a pic of the GE family reuion at Woodpecker up in Eugene 2006. Spud, Wild Bill and Mouseman haven't changed a bit, a few more lines and crinkles but I would have reconised them anywhere.

Kid has vanished as did Spacy Stacy. Wild Bill is living in Belgium, he said he likes it better then the US. He just got back for Bucurest(sp). What a wonderful adventure. I asked him to send me a postcard from there.

Eden and Mama Kitten are still in SF, neither one of them have pcs, but I have Edens Cell Phone #.

Tuarus Barbara is a famouse auther and writes under the name Barbara Sarenella ( i think that's how it's spelled. Barbara have a double liver transplant last yr and her first liver rejected and they did a second transplant. She has Hep-C The new liver started to delvope Hep-C also so they have put her on Inerfuron which is a type of Chemo.
    I got an Email from her the other day, she is working on another adventure of Miranda Munch, she says she is feeling better. I was glad to hear it.

We lost Cyril a few years back to heart disease and Aries Ron. Everyone has been looking for Whitey, but we have yet to find his where abouts. Someone said he was in Pheonix, but when I was living there I never knew it.

I had Counts phone# but it was disconnected and I don't have a new one on him. I did hear he remarried and had twins. Not sure if that is a fact or not, as I haven't talk to him perssonally. It was Count who gave me the handle of Nailcakes when I had to have breast surgery back in 72' It had a scar that resembled a SMILE. That smillin' tit got me, Shills and Diane through a lot of doors that were sometimes hard to open...lol..

Ahhh.. the good ole daze..

I been married to my hubby Lynn for 23 yrs in September, been living on this farm for almost 17 years. We have a good life and are still in love and happy. I'm an Iridologest, Muscle Reflex Tester, Aromatherapest, Reflexologest and I make Natural Soaps, Lotions and Potions.

I'm opening an office next week in Winnsboro, A friend of mine has an Herb Shop, and is a Nutrapath. She letting me do my thing in one of her spare rooms. It's small but it will be perfect for what I do. I don't need much room to read eyes or muscle test.

I'm very excited. I had to close my own shop in 2000 when my Darlin' Daughter Amy died. I didn't nor could I be in public while the grief took it's toll on my emotional heart.I was recluse for almost Five Years. I din't want to live without Amy. She and her two daughters were my life.

It's been a hard adjustment to make, but I have come to trems with her passing now. I still have my Amy days but it seems to be or I seem to be getting use to the emptyness in my mother's heart of hearts.

If you recall, I had a boy named Jomie (JOM) He is a grown man now, 36, omg I'm getting old. He is living in North Dakota with his lady love Cindy. He's a storm chaser. And as always very handsome and strong as a bull. I'm proud of my boy. He's a good man with a heart as big as Texas.

Well, it's 4:20 and hubby is up. Time to Wakey Bakey

Brightest Blessings

Cakes.

It looks to me as if you have broadend your horizones, man you have a lot of talent. Good for ya man.

Brightest Blessings Zev
    sh

5. jehene

jehene Member

hellooooo.. s-h. nailcakes.. hug.. i sent barbara the writer an email and she answered
    right away.. what a lovely lady.. i always knew someone from the GE would become famous.. thought it would be cyril.. so sad that he passed away.. i remember the art festival on the panhandle that summer. and he had his collage in it.. so i made a collage on my basement wall on OAk st.. kitten and daryls d aughter.. ronnie .helped me.. and valerie who was mariannes daughter age 8.. also helped.. cool collage..

its so cool to read a bout the different happenings of the commune..

i understand that the poster could get disintegrated after all these years.. that's too bad..i wanted to show it to my fiance/common law husband/ boyfriend..smiles
    i went to mind garage website and saw that the goodstock is next june 2007//.. wowo that's great

does anyone remmber my close girl friend KATHY BOYCE..originally from pasadena?/i do not even recall which house she lived at.. was not oak or cole that conected to oak thru the bacyard..anyone remember RINI.. she was close friends with Pisces patty. Rini was a gf of jack casady of the airplane..

she was very sweet to me and when i had problems bac home in cleveland she was there for me.. these are the ppl i reemmber from oak st.//oh and nancy was cyrils lady.. she has a baby abd pregnant with another that summer 0f 71.. she was another lady who very good to me..in the room next to cyrils and nancys was a tall blnde man and his lady was a very young lady,,almira?originallly from oregon..i spent a lot of time with her also.. and athena was a gorgeous blonde who was age 16.. t riple aquaruis

i remember a guy from Ny who's dad came by to talk him into going bac home.. this guy had a cool red sport car.. and a job..do not recall his name

OSLEY? of blue osley was with us?omg wwowow...shanti.huggss all

6. shameless_heifer

Hi Jehene Yes Ozley was in GE going by the name of BEAR, not the biker Bear. I believe he is having problems with throat cancer.

I had just arrived at GE in 71. I was living at the ground level apt on Oak n Cole facing the Panhandle before it was part of GE. I paid rent to the Wounded Knee Indains that lived upstairs, next to the Black Panthers.

Shills and 3 finger Tim was walking up cole at the same time I was and Shills hit me up to go to a party in the basement at Oak St. where Breeze lived.

I knew most of the ones you have asked about but Diane, Barbara, Ellen and Rita I knew extreamly well.

Kitten also had a child with Steven Stacey I believe her name was Kisha. She was living on Haight St at the Hole in the Wall over the head shop, the same place where Capricorn Linda fell to her death on the back stairs after huffing nitris oxcide

Linda was a cool lady who made macramea lampshades what a shame she was lost in such a manner. The back stairs on all the houses were fucked. My 1 yr old baby neice nearly feel to her death out the back door of White House, Bernerd had to climb down to get her. My GOD we took our chances didn't we.

Brightest Blessings
    sh

7. wlzev

SH/Cakes;

LInda was a cool lady. She was, as I recall, also Cyril's lady before and/or during the time he was with Nancy. LInda taught me to macrame. Sometimes I would just get stoned, go down the basement of 1915 Oak and work at it all day and night; until I crashed.

On another note, you said you thought Leo Ron was gone. What happened. He was younger than me. What about his lady Reggie and their daughter. Ron used to be in charge of Meg" the family's big truck. We did a bunch of jobs together.

Jehenne, I'm still looking for the poster. If, and when, I find it I'll somehow get you a copy. Do you still have Taurus Barbara's e-mial. If so send it to me at wlzev@aol.com. I'd love to talk to her. Take care. Peace out.

8. jehene

jehene Member

i love to reread these stories of our commune over and over again...it was such an unusual lifestyle that we were living back then... the energy of our times will never be duplicated im sure.. what fantastic times to have lived in..i talk with many younger people and they seem to be jealous that they could not of been able to have experienced the lifestyle we had.. and i do understand that cause they were times that were truely changing the world..im so glad that i was a part of it all.. and we all did change our world didn't we?..shanti

9. wlzev

Jehene;
    Mostly we changed ouselves. That's enough to change the world.

10. wlzev

Jehene;
    Mostly we changed ouselves. That's enough to change the world.

Since no one seems to remember me, I thought I might fill in some details that would help place me.​

At the time I stood around 6 foot tall with a Brown Jewfro and an off and on again reddish brown Beard. I wore glasses (usally wire rimmed). I first hitched out, from Vermont ( by way of Brooklyn) , during the fall/winter of 70-71 while writing my undergraduate thesis at Marlboro College. My brother Mark (sometimes calling himself John Mark or Magic Leo Lightning Sunflowers) a friend of Larry "the Hat" Loutsker (?) and Steve Sopher had been living/dealing with the family. I lived in the big group room at Oak Street. Pursuant to a very specific I Ching reading, I went back to VT to graduate and then, with my friend Michelle Cherrier, came back out in June '71. I was driving a 2 toned econoline weindow van. Towards he at the end of the summer, I had to go back to DC to appear in "Dionysus Wants You", an Off-Broadway Musical that opened in NYC. I then went back to Mass., New Hampshire & VT, to play music and fix cars. I broke up with Michelle and, after a bit took up with Nancy a psych tech. I taught at head Start program until it closed down and then in the winter of 1972 Nancy and I came out to SF, in a blue econoline van (Nancy had a black 69 Camaro and then a 65 MGB convertable) to live first with Good Earth at 1915 Oak Street (first in the room on the right in the back of the basement - The Indians form Alcatraz were in the room on the left- and then in the Third floor room right off the stairs.) I worked with Leo Ron and by myself moving stuff, fixing stuff and playing music. After my 2nd fight with Kid and a bit of disillusionment with what what was happening in the family ( which I won't go into except in private) Nancy and I moved out of Oak Street up to Cole between Judah and Parnassus. We stayed in SF until 1974 when Nancy was accepted to Howard U.'s School of Social work for an MSW ( Since I was only wait-listed at Hastings Law I didn't stick around) and we moved to DC. I tried to stay in touch but things got rough (law school etc.) and I lost touch until, when surfing the net I found the forum. That's the basic outline of my time with GE.
    What ever happend to Count, Rock Bottom, Taurus John and Whitey? I heard a rumor that Good Earth sort of turned into White Panthers. The sense of family that came out of my time with Good Earth was a feeling like no other. In a crazy world it renewed my hope that people could work together for better things. peace out.

11. jehene

jehene Member

hi wlz..
    i came to the family in june 71 stayed until aug 71..i had personal reasons why i left as well..no i am so sorry but i also do not remmeber you.. i also lived in 1915 oak st basement with jerry who passeD away a few months after i left GE..Barbara is the first one who told me how he died,, took all these years to find out..shes the mystery writer..did u write her yet? i lived in the room that faced the bacyard..i had a collage on the wall..i made it along with kittens daughter and mariannes d aughter.. ages 5 and 8..i would babysit the 2 girls and took them to the park..one time we went and a festival was there with maharishi maheesh..the one who brought TM to the world..we spoke to him ..wowo that was awesome to meet him..i also met baba ram dass but thats another story..well talk soon

12. wlzev

Was Jerry blond and sort of mellow and tripped out? I remember him making jewelry (I may even have a piece of his somewhere. I heard he died in the park but maybe it was in front of the museum. All very strange. He liked to go off by himself a lot.
    I did email Barbara and she emailed me back. She also didn't remember me (my ego is taking some large hits - I though I made more of an impression in the family). She's not in great health. Problems trying to keep her new kidney. But she does have a new book coming out and is working on another. She was always a tough lady so if anybody can make it she can.
    Peace out

13. shameless_heifer

Don't fret none zev. It was 30+ yrs ago, we love you anyway. Your a Brother and you done good. We are proud of ya just the same. That's a lot of road that's been traveled.

With all the happenings along the way it's a mircal we remember our own names, I think there are a few that don't.

The GE was never really White Panther, they were leaning that way, but there was some goings on that caused some static with the family and everyone started moving to the country. By 75 all the Old Family was mostly gone and a newer group moved in.
    There are still a few family in SF, some in LA and even a couple in the Belgium branch of the family. There are several up in Eugene and the rest are scattered Hell West and Crooked.

Bright Blessing

Hey Jehene, Good to see you.

sh

14. jehene

jehene Member

hello i was just going over my email and saw your email WLV.. YES JERRY WAS BLONDE AND MADE JEWELRY.. OMG U HAVE A PIECE OF HIS.. HOW WONDERFUL...yes he died in front of deyoung museum.. he was found by morning janitor and he was in fountain in lotus position.. i assumed he astral projected and just did not come back.
    he made me gorgeous earrings which were stolen years later.i was so upset..
    Helloooo S_H.. hugggggg

15. wlzev

CC;
    It's too bad that your only memories of the GE are bad. While things weren't perfect most of us were trying to find better ways of living and loving. While you have too learn from the bad things that happen to you you can't wallow in them. At least one good thing happened to you -YOU SURVIVED. I know that despite some of the bad things you talked about (and they were there and did happen) the mix of people from every walk of life and background was in itself a good thing.

Yesteday 8/29 I celebrated my 60th Birthday by doing a standup comedy show and planning for some additinal footage for a Rap album (I'm the comic relief not the rapper but that might change). I don't want to sound to sappy or new age but you're alive so consider the alternative and MAKE THE BEST OF IT.

16. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

I've survived many things that had importance to them and I've survived many things that were pointless.Celebrated my 50th jumping off a cliff,that was important.

17. wlzev

I hope you had a hang glider starpped to your back or at least a bucket of water at the bottom.

18. jehene

jehene Member

hi all! Well life did go on after GE.. and i had my ups and downs most definitely..some much worse than others..sometimes i sunk so low was not sure i would find my way out.. BUT I DID!!.Today i have a great love of my life known him 20 years.. of a matter of fact.. after living together since 1993 we are getting married,we bought our first home last year..we have a great garden.,.38 rose bushes.. 14 peach trees.. grape vines etc.. and we are living in the city..lol.. not the country.. we are very happy..i lost my sweet dog in 85.. her name was jehene.living in a apt all these years..i could not have pets.. NOW I DO!!! MY SWEET SHANEY IS WITH US NOW..got her 3 weeks after we moved in..lol.. i could not wait.. wanting a dog all those years...smiles.. well we are human and we are going to have good times and bad.. that is why we are here on this plane..karma.. to learn.. peace love and SHANTI ALL

19. wlzev

Jehene;
    I am happy for you. Sounds like you've achieved what you hoped for and worked towards. It's always good to hear that people have reached a contented place. It means there is hope for me yet. Stay high, happy and contented.
    Love
    ZEV

20. wlzev

Shameless;
    If that music thing is going to happen out west , let me know. I'll come out with my keyboard and do some blues.