&%@#$ Mormons

Discussion in 'Cults' started by Levi, Aug 7, 2005.

1. ha, that was well put.

I used to know a pair of mormon missionaries that wen't round shopping centres and used most of the time to play arcade games. It was so funny seeing two guys in white shirts and name badges playing Time Cop.

2. HotChronic

HotChronic Member

You're the type of person who dogs get pee'd on.

3. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

that doesn't make any sense......
    maybe "you're the type of person that dogs pee on"...? mebbe?

4. Miss Nina

Miss Nina Member

this is interesting... Im Joseph Smith's great x w/e grandaughter. My dad's mormon, lol Im Nina Smith.. But no, Im not very mormon, very very constrictive like any christian faith and not for me. But the missionaries that come to ur door have different guidelines than the other congregation- they have to maintain a very humble and true venture for a year or two (''mission'') to see if beleiving is truley in their hearts to where they wanna teach ppl about it and spread the love and info.. If they complete their mission than that's like a vision quest, or finding urself and ur faith typa thing and u can treasure ur venture down that path in ur life. I loved how u reacted, they deserved it if they were acting rude and that destruptive to u, they're just tryna spread their message tho, keep that in mind ;) Im with u tho, not very much room to think or express, and I dun like that. Im tenfold to the extreme now naturally and comfortably b/c of all the restriction as an adolescent, everything I had to do w/ my mom (catholic) or all secretly by myself, lol My dad's a jack mormon tho, he'f for it all but he doesnt practice it. lol rescriction in religion is pointless.. I love the teaching of love <3

5. Its nice to hear people speak sense once in a while, if only we could hear religious people talking like that.

6. Green

Green Iconoclastic

This reminds me of a story my World History teacher told me. He told me that when he was in Japan, the Jahovas Witnesses followed him there. They knocked on his door, and he answered in like nothing but his underwear.

I've never been bugged by religious people coming to my door really. Thats probably because my parents answer it. My mom left the Baptist church, and my dad left the Methodist because they're hypocrites he said. My parents raised me without religion.

7. Miss Nina

Miss Nina Member

aw, thanku for that love ;) And i feel u- if we had religious leaders and such come forth with what's only in their hearts as the guidlines for life the world would be a much more accepting, related, brotherly-sisterly ppl. I'm still waiting on that.. lol
    To what green said, it seems to me that every christian is a hypocrite, and i say that only b/c with the standards that are set and reasons that are spoon-fed to their congregations, it seems like unperfect ppl trying to be perfect robots.

8. You forgot the fact that they actually think they are perfect, think they know what a perfect person is, and try to tell everyone else that they should be perfect just like them.

9. Miss Nina

Miss Nina Member

exactly!! Ur exactly right :D

10. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

On the DC beltway there are a series of "s" curves because back in the day when they were building it they couldn't get the emminent domain rights to a morman church.
    That section of the beltway is almost always the most fucked up and the most dangerous. Fuckin mormons wouldn't move their wizard of oz esque church so people have to die...

11. Kris?

Kris? Senior Member

When Ii was in Salt Lake City I visited the Mormon Temple Square....And got kicked out for asking a simple question....."Sir what dose that pentegram mean?" They had a big big pentegram on their musem's entrence......Wrong symobl to ask about i guess!

12. Green

Green Iconoclastic

When the Mormons split my anscetors were the ones who left.

13. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My problem is with obnoxious, persistent people hassling me at my home even though I've told them not to.The young men that knock on my door and refuse to leave are all dressed exactly alike. And, if my kids are playing outside when they're approached, or if they mistakenly answer the door, I want them to be able to spot Mormons and say, "Read the sign! Mom's busy!"

14. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

OOOOOOOOOOokay....well I don't like people who repeatedly show up at my house uninvited to talk to me about something I'm not interested in, and then refuse to leave. Mormon or not.

I also don't like it when the schools, including my kids' school, triy to get every kid in the neighborhood to sell me the same crap that my kids are being asked to sell.

I don't like it when people representing poloiticians show up on my freaking porch. Send me a freaking post card or some shit, but when I am at home, leave me the fuck alone.

And I don't like being called by telemarketers. I realize that very few people actually want to be telemarketers. They do it out of desperation, because they really need a job. All the same, when I'm at home, don't call me to sell me shit. Don't. Just don't.

You know what I do? If a telemarketer calls and asks for Mrs. My-last-name-before-I-got-divorced, I give them my ex-mother-in-law's number. Because 'm not 'MRS." anything anymore. Ha ha.

SOOO...if it makes you feel any better...I don't hate Mormons. I hate strange, obnoxious people who won't get off my porch.

15. Noctifer

Noctifer Member

My aunt once bought one of those videos advertised on TV with the mormon choir singing in the temple, and the choir, or at least a choir, arrived to present it and watch it with her. So, being the nice person she is, she made them cups of tea, and they sat round, and watched for a while, then the mormons left, then they came back another day. Then they came back another day. At some point, one of them kicked my aunt's cat because the cat is white, and he was getting white hairs on the mormon's black suit. Not hard or anything, but he still kicked the cat!!
    However, my aunt politely asked them not to call again, and, as yet, they haven't. I dont think shes planning to order another video anytime soon!

16. They had an American doco on Australian TV the other night about WASP.

Anyone seen it? It has changed my view about mormons. They are bad people.

Anyway the general jist is that this Mormon organisation is running several schools around the states and in the west indies in wilderness areas for "troubled teenagers". They are using outdated, medieval like methods of behavioural modification, which includes beatings, solitary confinement etc. all away from the knowledge of parents, many of whom are taking legal action for extreme mental abuse of their children, many of whom come out highly disturbed.

17. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

thats fucked up man

18. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

19. ^^^^

Good site ;)

Those mormons have issues. But i don't think any pentecostal ministry has a huge right to judge...they're far below on the scale of madness, but still mad and corrupt (not all of them)

20. MeMilesAway

MeMilesAway Member

^^^^^^ explain to me your love for Kids in the Hall...did Australia show their shows when they were on?

Like Kris I have had some very funny experiences in Utah...once on the way back from Bryce, stopped into a little restaurant/church. While eating 'bumbleberry pie', I got into a convo with a waitress..."Rah rah" I'm a christian; she's mormon; then suddenly she says to me all smiley, "well if you were mormon you could have more than one wife." I started to choke on my pie crust. She wanted me.