&%@#$ Mormons

Discussion in 'Cults' started by Levi, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

My idea of heaven generally involves me indulging in some of my favorite deadly sins. A lot. Fucking around will eating a lot and being really lazy for eternity? Yes, I think I will. ;)

2. Gentle

Gentle Member

Oh yes, people who know the exact way to "God" and heaven but cannot understand the concept of get off my fookin property. Tell them to learn manners and come back, I dunno lol any I don't hold that to any sects, all can be that way.

peace, God bless

3. Rainbow gatherer

Rainbow gatherer Member

Levi states:

You have a litmus test? So the actors/actresses on Napoleon Dynamite...

http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=26060

Not exactly people fashioned from a cookie cutter.

Some more famous Mormons that might really confuse your kids since they seem, well, not to fit the general tone of your thread:

Science fiction author Orson Scott Card

Singer Gladys Knight

Democratic Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid

Massachusttes governor Mitt Romney

Here's a few more --

http://morgannews.us/ent.html (sorry, this site does not include politicians, scientists, doctors, etc.). By the way, if you like TV once in a while thank a Mormon (philo Farnsworth).

4. I don't know what you're getting at Rainbow Gatherer, but admittedly that was really insightful.

5. NaturaAtraSpiritus

NaturaAtraSpiritus Member

When they come around here since we live in a small community usually a family member calls and warns us that "the jehovah witnesses are on the prowl" so we close all the doors and when they come I like to mess with them by peeping through windows and making noises in the house. Next time they come I will answer the door naked or something.

6. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

they can only use the net if another mormon is with them otherwise its prohibited

7. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

I used to be a morman and Ive done tracting thats going door to door doing missionary work this was 20 years ago .

as a bunch of people I allways found mormans very nice I still dont hold that bad feelings for them, getting in touch with their bishop was a good move.

we used to have a tract book with every address in town and you would slowly go over the streets house by house, what you need to say is that you have heard their message and you reject it and that you with this noted in their tract book .

the sign is good but would be better if you said that you had heard their message and rejected it , they see it as a duty to give you the chance to hear it if you reject it well then its up to you .

8. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

the way i see it...
    is that you can't hate all mormons just because of a few annoying ones
    or because simply the only mormons you've ever "met" are annoying
    i dunno
    maybe i'm too open-minded for my own good :rolleyes:

9. Rainbow gatherer

Rainbow gatherer Member

MollytheHippie states:

Never heard that one. Think you have to be with another LDS person to access sites for Mormon nudists?

http://www.ldssdc.info/

10. FollowTheButterflies

FollowTheButterflies Member

I'm not so sure about that. I'm friends with a Mormon and she uses the internet all the time for school work. I also knew a few Mormons back in Junior High who used the internet without a 'supervisor' there. These Mormons are very proud of who they are and would never do something against their religion. So either they do things differently where I live or they're going against what they've been taught.

Maybe it's okay in school since schools tend to use the internet alot? I know whenever we're assigned essays to do the internet is recommended. Plus, in my Physics class our homework is all internet-based. We go off of this thing called 'Webassign' and my friend (the one I mentioned the first time) has been doing these 'webassigns' alone as well.

11. I just remembered. John Safran (an Australian who made a documentary series about different religions) wen't to Utah and he knocked on people's doors in a mormon outfit and tried to preach atheism on a saturday morning. The mormons were really agressive and forced him off their properties, one of them even with his rake.

See how they like it.

Bilby likes this.
  12. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

My Chemistry lab partner in high school was a mormon, he was cool, and even though I later learned that he was pretty into his religion, I only knew he was a Mormon because people called him "Stormin' Mormon" (he played football). He just never talked about it.

And, I work with a Jehova's Witness, and he's one of the nicest, friendliest people I know. He never preaches, though we do sometimes talk about religion (I'm interested in spirituality). And even though he'll sometimes say weird stuff about how he can't vote, or can't celebrate holidays, or that he already knows the future, it's not really a problem. You know, these people ARE more than simply their religion. At least, most are.

13. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

that's golden
    pure awesome i say
    can anybody say "hypocrites"?

14. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

I just remembered. John Safran (an Australian who made a documentary series about different religions) wen't to Utah and he knocked on people's doors in a mormon outfit and tried to preach atheism on a saturday morning. The mormons were really agressive and forced him off their properties, one of them even with his rake.

that would be funny to see

15. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

just found out its John Safran vs god episode 5 and its on a file sharing programme I use so most likely will see it

16. cool, if you can download the whole series. Its really fun and interesting. Because over the series he experiments with a lot of really exotic and paganistic religions on the last episode he gets a pentecostal preacher to perform an exorcism on him. Its incredibly fucked up and goes for the whole episode, he curses in hebrew and everything, its so funny.

17. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

they have the whole series so will look at some others for sure thanks for telling me about it.
    does look very interesting

18. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

just saw the morman episode very funny most atheists would find the series funny and well worth watching

19. I think even religious people would find the series funny, except mormans of course! If you watch the whole thing you'll find if anything he gives shit to atheists tooo

20. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I used to work with a mormon. They are actually pretty organized when it comes to witnessing. Every mormon in the chuch does missionary work at some point, and no tihs isn't going around the neighborhood, but leaving town to stay with other mormons and witness. This kid I worked with went to Oregon, his brother went to Paris, and it all was paid for by the church. They go out full-force when it comes to missionary work.

I really hate any version of christian that tries to witness to me. The point of missionary work is to spread the word of christ to people who haven't heard it before. I have heard it all before. Living in America I have had plenty of chances to hear about christ, I am well aware that there are all kinds of churches dedicated to worshipping and serving him. They are wasting my time trying to lecture me about my lifestyle and all the things they think I am doing wrong. I didn't live in a cave all my life so any christian can safely assume I have heard about god.