Why Fight?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Green, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Green

Green Iconoclastic

I saw a huge amount of fights in middle school. Sometimes I saw three in one day. I was just thinking about why the fights happened.

Its seems like whenever two boys get in a fight, its usually one guy is being a bully and the other is somebody with low selfesteem or something, then people crowd around and encourage them and say things like "are you gonna take that $H!T from him?" (those people are the ones really responsible) and then the boys start throwing punches and all the idiots who are crowded around cheer and then a teacher comes and yells at them and they get taken away to the principles office, have their parents called, and are suspended.

But when girls get into fights, its not like that. Nobody ever encourages girls to fight. You don't see two girls getting into each others face and go say "you gonna take that from her?". Then the girls start fighting, girls are always more nasty than boys. The rip peices of each others skin off, I saw a girl get part of her lip ripped off (in the hallway). Also, when you scream at them, they don't stop. Why do the girls fight though if nobody is getting them to fight? They fight over boys, thats right. Every girl on girl fight I have ever seen has been a fight for some boy. Every boy on boy fight I have seen was an act of stupidity with a bully and the bullyee brought on by the other kids in the area (who are responsible).

Very rarely do boys fight girls, I saw it happen once, and I don't know why.

So in a better and smarter society would the fights between boys go down but the fights between girls stay the same?

1 person likes this.
  2. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

sigh, kids are cruel to other kids, especially if you are different from the rest of the crowd. Blame the hormones, blame the ignorance, blame the "instinct" that makes them cruel I don't know... especially in Middle school.

But girls or boys I think its the same damn thing. I don't know about you at your school, but at my school the girls and guys picked on the wierd guy. the girls however embarrass him by showing their thongs and acting stupid ... making him embarrassed... trying to see whY! he is not cracking, while the guys try to persuade him to finally crack by calling him gay and idiot, and saddam hussain! .

Seriously, I wanted to burn the whole school down when I was in my middle school . I really did, but I guess i found refuge some where else.

3. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

oh yea, if you are of an arab color... they beat you up... fantasizing that they are killing the terrorists.

4. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Over 60% of my middle school was hispanic. We didn't have that problem.

5. FeelinGroovy

FeelinGroovy opposable thumb

I wonder if male fighting has anything to do with an "alpha male" instinct?

We didn't really have much of what you depict in highschool where bullies pick on shy/"different" kids. It was usually the same few guys always getting into fights and I perceived it as more of and alpha male thing. I was friendly with both the bullies and the shy kids. I wasn't afraid of the bullies even though they could have kicked my a$$, but I didn't pick on the shy kids either. I think the majority of students were like me.

I've had at least three occasions in high school where other guys tried to start fights with me. All three were because of girls even though one was the sister of the guy. One guy heard I called his girlfriend a "whore" and came up to me at my locker. I told him I did call her a "whore" but that I called a lot of girls that so he shouldn't take offense. Less than a month later his girlfriend was pregnant and he wasn't the father!!!. The other one was a boyfriend of a girl who was tormenting me and did something to me (I can't remember but something like grabing my butt or startling me or something) and when I tried to catch her as she ran away I acidently broke her necklace that her boyfriend gave her. I just explained to her boyfriend what happened and apologized and the girl confirmed that it was an accident and we were all friends again.

I've seen a few girl fights and they seemed to be over one of them calling the other a name or something, but again it always seemed to be between the same few scrappy girls. Maybe an alpha female instinct as well.

The only real fight that wasn't avoided was when I was a freshman in college and this guy on my hall was a real a$$ hole and was just an annoying loud mouth. After many months of him getting on my nerves he randomly hit me with a wet role of toilet paper as I walked down the hall in the middle of the night to use the restroom (a few guys were having a TP battle) . Well, that did it and I went after him and subsequently hit him in the face with the role and, while I was walking back to my room he jumped on my back and we proceeded to a wrestling match where neither of us really got hurt.

Wow, that was a long rambling. I hope you all don't mind.

6. hippyman1252

hippyman1252 Member

Let them kick the crap out of one another seriously it's none of my business unless it involves me so let them kick the crap out of one another till they are tired and then make up!

7. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Because one will end up dead and the other with a gouged eye and some intestine lost in the bushes.

1 person likes this.
  8. ziggyfly

ziggyfly Member

in middle school..when i went.. lol inmy grade Everyone formed lil groups.. there was the preps, the computer gamers, the people who were shy, and the Crazy outgoing people.. lol i happend to fall into the crazy outgoing people.. lol well of course is middle school so most people are immature.. lol but the preps always thought they were super hot so they would pick on the computer gamerss and peopel who were shy.. they were scared of us cuz we would embarass them infront of the whole school.. wich is not good for their poularity.. but we would always help out other kids when they were getting picked on.... but there was never real fist fights... it was all Verbal abuse.. wich is worse.. the fist fights actually happened in the preppy group.. lol i imagine over some stupid Love triangle.

theese days (i'm in highschool now) people don't care anymore.. there isn't really any Groups.. but its all easy going.. you hear of the odd fist fight.. probly becuse of some drug deal that went bad or somone slept with somones somone.. haha but hahaa everyone kinda jsut talkes to each other like humans.. haha peopel think i'm weird.. of course.. but haha i don't get picked on... mabe once in a while.. but evryone just accepts the fact that i'm weird.. haha the only thing in the school is when kids make fun of the gay kids.. it makes me soo mad! but gay is a word commonly used there.. peopel use it like they use hello it pisses me off.. but i make the best of school and do what i can to love

9. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

thats a very mature attitude there pal. Too bad not many kids have that type of an attitude.

1 person likes this.
  10. Green

Green Iconoclastic

Yea

11. David54

David54 Member

I got the shit kicked out of me all the time in school. I was weird. I was shy. I was skinny and week. My clothes were out of style. And I smelled bad.

It didn't stop until I started winning fights. It actually stopped really quickly after that. To this day, I am a violent person. I only do concensual violence nowadays. Sparring and kinky sex and the occasional object destruction. But it's still with me. I also have a very high pain threshhold. I used to be downright cold about it, before I fully realised that pain may not really hurt anymore, but being injured still sucks.

So it's a big piece of how our gender role is forced upon us. Learn to fight or you'll get your ass kicked. And once you've learned to fight, you don't forget. So that's why you should care, Hippyman. They don't just stop when they get tired. It perpetuates. Shielding children from each others' violence in a turly effective way would be a huge step towards resolving our issues.

1 person likes this.
  12. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

when my dad was in school they stuck the boys in the wrestling room and let them duke it out. I think that's what they should do now.
    No spectators= nobody to show off for. Weaker one learns to fight and fights back next time.

13. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

My wife (to be) beat and kicked the living daylights out of my last girlfriend ...... when she came looking for me.
    Sad that I missed it, nobody even told me it had happened until a year later.

I also saw a 5' girl beating the hell out of a 6' guy using a pool cue ...... he was lying on the floor really bleeding at the end of it.
    (groped her bum without asking permission first). Girl on guy, and guy on girl fights are fairly common here .... equal rights and all that.

1 person likes this.
  14. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  15. Your high school sounds pretty rough. I only witnessed one fight at my high school, which happened to be between the only two African Americans in my high school. Not saying anything about African Americans, but it was strange that they should be fighting. They made up and became friends. Not sure what happened there. I'm sure there were more fights at my school, but they were rare and I didn't see any of it. Mostly the fights would occur outside of school. People would plan to have other people jumped.

I was the school punk rocker, so I got spit on and everything else, but I never got into a fight. There was this group of guys who didn't like my hair, so they would call me "Pert Plus". I never let any of it get to me. There was one kid who wanted to fight me really badly for some unknown reason. I remember once he came up to my table at lunch and was like, "You wanna go?" (meaning "Do you want to fight?") and I was just like "No." He probably called me a pussy or something. I always had my trusty chain belt to protect me. Nowadays it boggles my mind that the faculty allowed me to use a length of chain as a belt. Never had to use it, but I brandished it a couple of times.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We had school fights. Everybody runs in a big crowd to the oval leaving nothing to the imagination. Teachers see this and come down. Nothing happens.

Now we had some epic fruit wars until people started putting firecrackers in the fruit before throwing. Then it became a bit too serious...

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

who is walking around naked and giving mosquitoes an opportunity to land on their testicles?

18. Scratched

Scratched Members

I enjoyed the lights out/ resulting food fights. And the Counselor's reaction.
    She got hit too, funniest of all lol

19. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

I very rarely saw a fair fight in school. It was typically a group ganged up on one outcast kid.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'll box all you cocksuckers! Come at me bros.
    I got skills, I got speed. You got nothing! Girls blouse!!