NEW RULE: please read - about duplicate threads

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Penny, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katherine

katherine Member

One idea that seems to work on other forums I visit or moderate on is to make recuring topics sticky so they are ovious to people. A good example for this place would be best and worst films, that sort of thing. It also helps prevent the other problem of dead topics being resurected. In one forum that I'm a moderator on we have a vauge policy that any interesting topic that new people are likely to be interested in posting to and is still being replied to after a week will be made sticky. Naturally, you have to be sensible to not end up with the whole front page full of stiky topics, buts its better than having it full of loads of threads on bacically the same subject.

Don't know about anyone else, but I really hate it when I post to something and then someone else starts a thread on almost the same topic, so noone bothers to read my post as they regard the old one as dead.

2. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

Tu travailles pour hipforums ou quoi?
    Quoi qu'il en soit ton annonce fera (fait-il deja?) preuve d'utilite.

3. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

well penny i would hate to crowd or repeat anything but try and help me with this one if the film is still viable if my memory servs me right its titled the hollywood bowl or the hollywood canteen old world war 2 movie but i will tell you the last half hour of this movie will impress any hippy the best gypsy sorry and last that can do what they do on this film if you our any one can find a copy i would much app pm ,em how ever thanx

4. Micro310

Micro310 Member

is there and easy way to find out if some one has has already started a thread ??? cuz i mean what if u want to start the topic up again ??? ??? just soo u dont actually haft to go threw all the posts???

5. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

get over it,,, it's called a forum, newcomers should feel welcome to ask questions,,, Do you have to read a whole forum site to see if anyone has asked a question ? if so thats farked..

6. Micro310

Micro310 Member

,....,...., ok lol

7. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

All I'm asking, very nicely, is for you guys to check the first 5 pages, juste 5 pages, not the whole forum, alright? And anyway, I will delete or merge any duplicates. I just don't wanna have to do that every day, don't be selfish, this IS, a forum, not your personal webpage.

8. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Seeing how most people don't read the forums rules before posting, I decided that from now on I will not merge more than 2 duplicate threads on this forum - any additional will be deleted, sorry.

Thanks for understanding, and please also check this notice:

http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12334

Dude111 likes this.
  9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

I think this thread is important historically, and significantly appropriate for the present and future :)

Candy Gal and Captain Scarlet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.