NEW RULE: please read - about duplicate threads

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Penny, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Okay, I guess that only a very few people here read annoucements, so I'm gonna have to say this again for maybe the 10th time:

BEFORE POSTING A NEW THREAD, PLEASE CHECK THAT THERE ISN'T ALREADY A THREAD ABOUT THE SAME THING ON THE FORUM!!!!

Just add a post to the first existing one and that's it.

Thank you very much (I don't wanna keep having to close/merge threads every other day... understand me. And I bet it must annoy a lot of people who post here too)

Dude111 likes this.
  2. nightwanderer

nightwanderer Member

wow that was pretty fucked up. she even it politely. now youll probably get banned.:eek:

3. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Well, I checked that, I'm not stupid. If the thread has the same name, but not the same topic, I'll just change the title. If I complain, it's because there are things to complain about, there have been 4 or 5 threads posted twice or more in the last 2 weeks and these threads posted more than once having exactly the same topic. (Like I said before, I personally don't care but I'm sure that this kind of things bothers a lot of people, and I don't really see the point of taking more space for repetition... I'm just trying to make things good).

Dude111 likes this.
  4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Since someone complained about me closing this thread, I just opened it back to show that I'm not a "coward" or a "nazi" like that someone called me.

If you wanna complain just go ahead... I'll listen and try to make things better if I can. You may also insult me, if you like.

Dude111 likes this.
  5. metro

metro self-banned

I agree w/you Penny. It's simple enough folks, just scan through the first few pages of a forum and only post something new if there isn't already a thread about it. It especially makes sense in the movies and books forums. It's just being courteous.

6. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Well, obviously if I made more than 1 thread about it, it's because it was necessary. I didn't over-react, I've just reacted the way I should have, since the message didn't get through the first time, and it's my job to take care of this forum. I volunteered to do it, so I'd better do a good job.

7. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Pennys got my support (yeah... sound the trumpets :p) I get so sick of seeing a thread that was already started a day or two ago. Donnie Darko, The Wall, I think Saved had a couple, Not to mention 3 What movies have you walked out of threads, Harry Potter, and God knows how many threads about Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas with the amazing content of "This movie rocked!" I don't know if some of you relize what the terms webspace and bandwith mean....

8. Republican

Republican Banned

your an ass.. Even I try and respect admin's and I try not to troll...
    well fredom of speece does not techicaly extend to the Internet because its a world wide web.. not to mention freedom of speech is limited on privet places.. for example you cant say "I'll kill you" to a teacher in a privet school.. ect.. well that Is a more extream version of this they reserve the right to this...

9. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I agree penny. will do :)

10. jupitersdarling

jupitersdarling Member

Be kind to the moderators. Without them there would be no boards. Show some appreciation.

Bilby likes this.
  11. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Just wanted to say that I never banned anyone for being disrespectul to me, I don't care, personally, and I don't that think any mod would ban forum users for that. It's not because I'm a moderator that I should be treated with more respect... If I banned Tortheviking it wasn't for personal reasons (by the way he's back and I didn't ban him again... I guess he understood a few things now - at least I hope)

I just don't want people to be fake to me because it says "Moderator" under my name :)

12. nightwanderer

nightwanderer Member

Boooo! Laety's the worst moderator ever!!!!!!! hsssssssssssssssssssssssssss..:p

:rolleyes:

13. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Haha, thanks for being sincere Ed ;)

14. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

Then maybe they need to find someone who will.

15. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I am guessing that you are volunteering, mike???

might as well put your money where your mouth is.

16. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

She was just asking nicely. damn.

17. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

hell no. i tried it somewhere else and couldn't handle constantly editing childish crap. it's an overrated position

18. antithesis

antithesis Hello

You are such an idiot.

She is perfectly right to put this notice up. It is annoying when there are 20 million threads about the exactly same thing. For instance, there is a new Donnie Darko thread about every other day. Come on people, it is not that hard to search the forum to see if someone already posted the same thing.

19. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

A question Penny, WTF is up with the funky format of this forum? It's different, which is interesting, but the lack of the navigational controlls to go to "Your Posts" and "Subscribed Threads" kinda hurts the functionality of the forum.

20. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Well, I really can't help you... I'm just as ignorant as you on this! :p

I don't really understand why you can't change the format of this particular forum, it's strange... oh well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.