Zucchini Burritos

Discussion in '100% Vegan' started by Apples+Oranjes, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Sorry if the spelling of Zucchini isn't right. But this isn't a spelling bee anyway is it?
    [I dont know how much it serves really so bear with me...]
    Here goes, just concocted this tonight and LOVED IT:

1 can of tomatoes [I used Garlic and Onion diced tomatoes]
    1 can of pinto beans
    1 zucchini, sliced
    1 packet of your favorite fajita seasoning mix
    Tortilla shells
    Lettuce
    Vegan sour cream to top, if you wish
    1 tsp or so of veggie oil
    2 tsps corn starch mixed with water; paste

mix tomatoes, pinto beans, and zucchini in a large frying pan. Add seasoning mix and vegetable oil and stir well. Cook on medium heat until zucchini starts to soften, and the juice boils. Add corn starch mixture to thicken. Distribute the zucchini mixture into tortilla shells. Add lettuce and vegan sour cream if desired, fold like a burrito and enjoy!

FUCKING DELICIOUS!

2. .::INCUBUS::.

.::INCUBUS::. Member

that sounds so yummy, my favorite type of food is mexican.. I have it several times a week! hehe

I'll have to try that one soon, Thanks Girl :)

hey, have you tried the vegan sour cream?? if so, is it any good??? I meant to pick some up last week at the store but it wasn't on my list and I ended up forgetting. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now, ohwell.

3. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

Yeah I get Tofutti brand vegan sour cream, it's called something like "Better Than Sour" ... I'm not quite sure, I just know that it's delicious! On mexican food you can't tell the difference, if you eat it plain...it tastes a lot like chip dip. I think, anyway.

I USUALLY try to stay away from replacement products, but there are a selected few that I cannot resist at times. Another really good replacement product that I'm addicted to is Nayonaise [vegan mayonaise]

4. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

By the way, you're awesome, but Halo makes me want to scream. I had to say it. Because I have to deal with seeing that on the TV 24/7 because my boyfriend is a Halo-addict. He seriously needs group therapy for it.

5. .::INCUBUS::.

.::INCUBUS::. Member

lol ummmm, I'd probably be there at the same meetings, I'm also an addict, its my favorite game :D

My Husband and I used to have all his friends over a couple nights a week (their big halo players also) and we would all play, I used to be so good I'd kick their asses and they'd be so pissed a girl beat them, it was so funny! My Husband's way better at it then me though, no one has been able to beat him! he once took on four guys when our xbox was hooked up to play online, and he beat them 50 to 0! I wish he had played for $ :)

hehe Sorry, here I am rambling on about the game you just said you despise! lol
    we haven't played that much this year so I guess I just get so excited when talking about it!

Anyway I change the pic in my sig often so it won't be there long anyway! hehe

About the vegan products though... I'm deffinitly gonna try the sourcream!
    I just bought tofutti's better than cream cheese, and the first bite I had to remind myself its just a replacement and its not going to taste exactly the same, and after that I really liked it!

Thats cool about the nayonaise! I've been wanting to try that also!

I was just wondering why you try to stay away from replacement products??

They have help me and my husband alot when we switched to being veg (although he was for along time when he was younger) but some of them seem so expensive.
    Someday I want to switch over to strictly raw vegan, I think our grocery bill will be so much cheaper! hehe