Zoning out and Spinning

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Cosmo4, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

When you smoke more pot than you’re normally used to, you can become inactive in a conversation, sitting in the side, thinking to yourself while thoughts rush through your head. These lightning-quick thoughts can make you paranoid.. or you can zone out and start to pass out, which is different. Sometimes, the high is so intense that you want to pass out because it feels really good. When you start zoning out, you start thinking thoughts about the feeling you are feeling and whether or not you these feelings are good or bad. I don’t like zoning out when I’m with a group of people. People either think you’re really stoned or weird and they generally leave you alone or ignore you. I don’t like this kind of negative attention so I don’t like zoning out and I try to avoid it, even though it happens a lot to me. I haven’t found a way to stop zoning out, but I’ve found ways to try to cope with it, by keeping yourself entertained and active, in order to keep your mind off of it. You can draw, type, write, play games, play pool, or something like that to keep you busy and in a conversation with someone. Try to play a game with someone, so you can be a part of a conversation and get your mind off of zoning out. I’m afraid that if I stop typing this right now, I will start zoning out, because I am pretty high. And I just smoked a cigarette. Cigarettes don’t help a high when you’re really high. They make you feel dizzy and nauseous and they start the dreaded spinning. Spinning is when your whole body feels like it’s spinning backwards and it doesn’t feel very good. However, if you can mellow out, and relax and try to keep your mind off of thoughts in your head, you can avoid spinning or zoning out. I think I’m paranoid about these things and I think about them every time I get high, which makes me start spinning or zoning out. I hate it and I want to know a way to enjoy every high again. I smoke a couple times a day with friends who are usually over at my house. I don’t see a real problem with smoking everyday, but I think I might want to take a break for a week or so, in order to make my highs more enjoyable again. I think I have burnt out and now I’m feeling the negative effects of weed more than the positive ones. I think a short break from weed will fix this problem entirely. Maybe I’ll have a lighter smoking schedule in order to make the highs more enjoyable.

2. Obscured By Clouds

Obscured By Clouds Member

I think the awareness that you are actually zoning out will help when you're high. I get very aware of my thoughts and actions and break them down so much when im high.

Try to be aware that you are zoning/zoned out.

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

err.. i like zoning out.. and 'spinning out'. i like those sorts of intense feeligns.

4. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

5. Iron Butterfly

Iron Butterfly Member

I have the same problem... I cant hold a conversation while I'm high. My friends enjoy me more when I'm not high. And some even go as far as asking me not to get high because they enjoy me more when I'm straight. This really sucks because I enjoy getting high. I havn't really figured out how to get high and still stay in this world.

6. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

some of my friends love to see me high caus i say such wierd stuff. but im the sort of guy whod be annoying if you have people just start talking about the wierdest stuff. personally i recon it would be cool to have a high me around, but yeh. im pretty high now. i love having people around when im high. but i also love it if i can get some time to myself. but i can almost alllwways get that, caus i can just go into a different room or walk away or something. but being alone gets lonely sometimes