Zombie movies?

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by IronGoth, Dec 30, 2005.

1. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Gotta love em.

There's only ONE I saw that sucked, and it's House of the Dead, that SEGA video game tie-in.

Romero's films have social commentary and frankly the rest are just plain creepy.

So the poll above, answer. And comment on ZOMBIE MOVIES

2. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Some zombie movie questions:

1) Why do they move slowly when necessary, and quickly when otherwise necessary?
    Witness the fact that in the Night of the Living Dead remake the one attacking the car could practically run, whereas the ones that go for the chick when she leaves the house is basically unable to move beyond a shambling gait?

2) Why doesn't anyone wear goddamn body armor? Hey wow I made it this far. Here, let me reach under this counter.. OW! Damn I've been bitten. Oh well.

3) If zombies can't climb why not simply live on the 2nd floor, take out the first floor and use ladders to get in and out?

3. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Oh yeah - and why is it that zombies can only grunt, unless they're the first one you see, and then he can speak sentences (I'm sorry... I'm sorry...)

4. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

other
    i prefer zombie movies that dont take themselves seriously and try to be as funny and gory as possible

good examples would be: dead/alive, undead, dead and breakfast, stacy: attack of the schoolgirl zombies.

and if you think land of the dead was bad, you should check out 'they came back' (its a french movie, cant remember the title in french. Its about the dead coming back to life and trying to resume their lives. goes absolutely nowhere.

5. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Land of the Dead was fine.

It's House of the Dead that sucked.

6. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

One aspect of Night of the Living Dead that seems to be missing from every other Zombie movie is the moaning.

the zombies in NOTLD sounded like lost souls in torment and gave a real hell-on-earth atmosphere to the flick (that and the off-key background music).

7. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Doublethumbsup to NaykidApe. I hadn't considered that!

8. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

No shit. first place I'm headed when the zombies come is the motorcycle shop for a full body kevlar riding suit, boots, gloves, helmet that zips into the suit.

second stop is the womens correctional facility.

9. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

Ugh, I hated that movie. I really wish it explained something, like why all of the dead people walked into that underground bunker, or why they could fall off balconies and not die again [didn't that kid do that?]

I like 28 Days Later (but that is the only one with zombies like that I have seen), mainly cause they aren't technically zombies, their sympathetic nervous system is just always hyperactive.

The only Romero movies I have seen were the new Land of the Dead and Creepshow, and those are just awesome cause of the sense of humour that is there (the zombie with the tambourine in Land of the Dead, and the Father's Day and Sea-Zombie ones on Creepshow)

10. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

You are a sick man

However

I will gladly join you on Z-day.

11. steffan

steffan puffin

braaainssss
    how could you leave that one out? the best zombie movie of all time

oops, thats the ramero huh

12. Radiohead

Radiohead Member

Thats what one of the guys in the remake of night of the living dead did, he hid in the attic and he came out the next morning and the girl shot him in the face anyways because he was a dick.

The new Land of the Dead was one of those "is this ending soon?" kind of movies.

13. Vincent Von Blown

Vincent Von Blown Member

If you like zombie movies, you better pick up Marvel Zombies, it's a great read.

Check, it out....

[​IMG]
    The super Zombies are being held in a specially designed cell.
    [​IMG]
    This one has a large cast of characters, like the Incredible Hulk..
    [​IMG]

14. turp!tudo

turp!tudo Member

meh..any kind of zombie movies now get only worse. Very disapointing!

15. Silly Angel

Silly Angel Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I haven't seen many zombie movies but the other night my friend and I watched Return of the Living Dead. I could not stop laughing. Next Saturday we are going to a midnight madness showing of Night of the Living Dead at some theatre. Should be fun.

16. ~MorningManiacMusic~

~MorningManiacMusic~ Banned

Dawn Of The Dead(original) is the best!Trapped in a mall with thousands of zombies!Man good shit....

17. Silly Angel

Silly Angel Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Just got home from seeing the original uncut Night of the Living Dead in the theatre. It was entertaining, but I must say, my drunken friend making sexual comments every chance he got was even more entertaining. "Johnny didn't come!!" heh heh

18. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

that movie was actually done with such a low budget, for the soundtrack they found a bunch of movie soundtracks that werent copyrighted and used those for music.

favorite zombie movie?
    notld, then braindead/dead.alive, then house by the cemetery, greaaaat gore in that one.

return of the living dead is classic too.

19. Capn_Danger

Capn_Danger Member

They pretty much did that in 28 days later. A guy and his daughter lived on the top floor of an apt building with some security doors and stuff, and blocked off the stairs at the bottom. Same deal with the mall in dawn of the dead.

Of course, then you need to get food eventually...

20. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

Vince - if the Fantastic 4 are zombies why can they talk?