Zogby Poll Shows Half of New Yorkers Believe Government Had Foreknowledge of 9/11

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Pressed_Rat, Aug 31, 2004.

1. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

you have maybe a 1000 hostages many of them children at the moment youve had lots of suicide bombings attacks on hospitals pop festivals and thats just the stuff happening outside chechnia and this has been going on for years

Ive seen mujahadeen film thats come out of chechnia they are very nasty and the victims of these films are russian its a very nasty war on both sides

would america allow muslims to have a seperate state in part of america? what happened the last time you had states that wanted to break away from the union
    what did those states look like at the end of your civil war
    didnt union generals burn large parts of the south

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Good point, but poorly presented. When the South tried to break away the North replied by effectively burning everything to the gorund (which actually turned out to be a good thing, but that's besides the point). Russia hasn't done that, and they could have easily solved the problem by bulldozing everything and executing hundreds of suspected terrorists like back in the good ols days, but they haven't. But they also haven't been understanding or very reasonable either.

The problem is that nobody wants to compromise. We have the LaughinWillows who praise terrorists that blow up schoolchildren as freedom fighters and think that Russia should just pack up and leave, and then we have the Jonny2Mads who won't recognize that Russia has done some bad shit in Chechnya, and the rebels there have a damn good reason for wanting no part of it. Neither side is getting anywhere because both sides are equally stubborn. The fact is that Russia isn't going to leave, and the Chechnyans are going to keep demanding equal rights, freedom etc. The realistic thing to do is compromose, but while both sides want an all-or-nothing deal that's not going to happen.

3. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Yeah I know, im sorry Bacchus, when i first saw that respons i thought you meant you being funny and disagreeing with what i said. But, regardless, that is how I feel towards people who think I am nuts...

Peace and Love,
    Dan

4. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

Max, you are such a fucking asshole. I never "praised" terrorists - and I am sick of people like you acting like people like me are cheering for terrorism when we point out the REASON it is happening. We've gotten this kind of stupid tripe since 9/11 - it was BULLSHIT then, and it's BULLSHIT now. I'm not "praising" anyone - the whole fucking situation is just fucking pathetic and sick. It's SICK that these people have come to this.

Jonny, I still say defending Russia (or acting like the Russian government is just as much the victim) in the Chechnya conflict is just absurd.

Sure, there has been some "bad shit" on both sides, but the Russian "bad shit" makes the Chechnyan "bad shit" look like kindergarten. The Chechnyan people primarily want to stop being victims of DISAPPEARANCES, of MASSACRES, of TORTURE - TORTURE - TORTURE at the hand of the Russian government. They would probably be FAR MORE LIKELY to cooperate with the Russian government and probably wouldn't object so much to being part of Russia if they weren't being TORTURED BY THE RUSSIAN GOVERNMENT.

It's always incredibly amusing to me to sit and listen to middle-class americans dictating how people being tortured, displaced, bombed, abducted, massacred, et.al. should behave "reasonably" and simply "cooperate" with their oppressors in order to get justice. As if Americans would simply sit back and be rational if someone were torturing their children. It's ridiculous.

5. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

6. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

and laughing willow why dont you have some photos of what the iraqis freedom fighters are doing there are some nice ones of them beating and burning to death americans

or you could have some photos of the effects of suicide bombs

7. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

Jonny, EVERY SINGLE THING happening in Iraq right now - ALL OF IT - all the kidnappings, all the killings, all the "burnings of americans" - ALL OF IT - is the fault of the United States GOVERNMENT. The Iraqi people have the absolutely inalienable right to fight foreign occuapation. They have no obligation to NOT kill those who are occupying and exploiting them. None. If you don't like it, tell it to Bush.

As far as the effect of suicide bombers, not sure if you're referring here to Israel or Chechnya - but the effects are certainly no worse than the effects of cluster bombs, now are they? But who cares about that? Oppressed people should just be reasonable and DIE QUIETLY like they're supposed to.

8. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

before the iraq war people like you spent all your time going on about the 2 million people killed by sanctions
    now you had two options: getting rid of sanctions, in which case saddam would rearm and stay in power and then most likely his evil kids would stay in power.
    or you fight a war, that kills 10,000 people and gets rid of him.
    what would you do would you get rid of sanctions or keep those sanctions and kill more people

how long would saddam and sons have stayed in power how many more MILLIONS dead remember those dead would be on your hands
    and remember if you get rid of sanctions and saddams still in charge he can kill lots of people

and your argument about cluster bombs and suicide bombers is simular to the argument that germans gassing jews was the same as civilians being killed on say a bombing raid on a nazi factory
    your right in that they are both dead but the nazi is aiming to kill civilians the guys trying to hit the nazi factory is not really trying to kill the innocent civilian

the suicide bombers or the "freedom fighters" who took over the school are aiming to kill the most innocent kafir children as possible