Zionism In Their Own Words

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pressed_Rat, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Zionism In Their Own Words

[​IMG]

'If I knew that it was possible to save all the children of Germany by transporting them to England, and only half by transferring them to the Land of Israel, I would choose the latter, for before us lies not only the numbers of these children but the historical reckoning of the people of Israel.'

-- David Ben-Gurion (Quoted on pp 855-56 in Shabtai Teveth's Ben-Gurion in a slightly different translation).

[​IMG]

'This country exists as the fulfillment of a promise made by God Himself. It would be ridiculous to ask it to account for its legitimacy.'

-- Golda Meir, Le Monde, 15 October 1971

'We walked outside, Ben-Gurion accompanying us. Allon repeated his question, What is to be done with the Palestinian population?' Ben-Gurion waved his hand in a gesture which said 'Drive them out!'

-- Yitzhak Rabin, leaked censored version of Rabin memoirs, published in the New York Times, 23 October 1979.

[​IMG]

'[The Palestinians] are beasts walking on two legs.'

-- Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the 'Beasts,"' New Statesman, June 25, 1982.

'(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls.'

-- Israeli Prime Minister (at the time) Yitzhak Shamir in a speech to Jewish settlers, New York Times April 1, 1988

'If we thought that instead of 200 Palestinian fatalities, 2,000 dead would put an end to the fighting at a stroke, we would use much more force....'

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, quoted in Associated Press, November 16, 2000.

[​IMG]

'It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands.'

-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

'Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Palestinian) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours...Everything we don't grab will go to them.'

-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of the Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, Nov. 15, 1998.

'Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial.'

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online

2. pagansrule!

pagansrule! Member

Don't you have anything else to carp about? Honestly, its getting downright nauseating. Instead of trying to retroactivley justify your ideas, why don't you go out and try to make a difference in the world. Remember that Ghandi said: "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" If the suffering of the Palestinians truly disturbed you, you wouldn't be wasting your time finding quotes from extremist Jews. Personaly, I hated Ariel Sharon, I didn't even consider him a Jew in light of the terrible things he did to the Arabs. Although I will give you some credit, your sig pic does speak the truth.

3. stoney69

stoney69 Member

so basically, all the above "leaders" of israel are extremists ? and they've been "democratically" elected to offices ? and they represent an extremist message ?

why then does hamas/hezbollah representions (in palestinian and lebanese governments) evil and the extremists from the israeli camp peaceful leaders, with the only supposed democracy in the middle east and get the support of the "free world" whilst crushin the hopes and dreams and lives of the humans in the other camp!

4. topolm

topolm Member

You're not condemning them enough. You MUST try harder. Stop being an apologist because this casts you in a negative light. Do the right thing and take the moral high ground...

5. pagansrule!

pagansrule! Member

How then should I condemn them? Should I be happy when an Israeli dies? Should I pray for the destruction of Israel? What you call being an "apologist" I call trying to strike a neccessary balance, the kind of balance that extremists like you oppose. Like I've said before, are we going to devalue the lives of one group of people in order to justify the nationhood of another? I know you don't believe me, but I truly believe in the concept of a shared land. Not just for Jews, not just for Muslims, not just for Christians, but for all people. I suggest you study the Jewish faith more closley, you'll find that the basic tenats of Judaism are absolutley opposed to the occupation that Israel has engaged in. Real Judaism does not condone what men like Ariel Sharon planned for Israel. So, before you go labeling people as "neo-cons" or "apologists" try to understand their point of view more clearly. I'll bet anything that you find commonalities between mainstream Judaism and your stance on Israel.

6. topolm

topolm Member

I will look into this. You seem like you have a more moderate view...

7. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

Joos!!!! Joos!!! Joos!!!!

8. pagansrule!

pagansrule! Member

I am a moderate, I'm ultimatley pro-peace. Thank you for taking my words into consideration, I know that for certain that you'll find congenial thinking in the wisdom of the Jewish faith. If your looking for proof in Israel itself, go to Haaretz .com, they're a more liberal Israeli newspaper that I frequently read. Don't worry, its an English language paper :)

9. topolm

topolm Member

I will check it out, but understand the most powerful and anti-peace elements are now in power in Israel. This is sad...

10. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

You mean U.S. aid?
    Then you are correct!

11. topolm

topolm Member

AIPAC

12. guy

guy Senior Member

actually i've decided not to get involved in this. all i can say is that you know the tree by its fruit.

13. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Here's a little doozie I ran across earlier that's along the same lines.

'Our race is the Master Race. We are divine gods on this planet. We are as different from the inferior races as they are from insects. In fact, compared to our race, other races are beasts and animals, cattle at best. Other races are considered as human excrement. Our destiny is to rule over the inferior races. Our earthly kingdom will be ruled by our leader with a rod of iron. The masses will lick our feet and serve us as our slaves.'

- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Menachem Begin

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Nalencer, would that quote be provided without reference by a man named Texe Marrs? A man noted for spouting lies about the Talmud and saying HIV was created by the US government?

15. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

PWNED by Lodui