Zimbabwe: Mugabe Behind the Fist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aristartle, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Link

All this comes about after 60 of Tsvangirai's campaign assistants and party officials were arrested two days ago and detained without cause.

Reports this morning have been that Tsvangirai has signed official documents that he is dropping out. I'm unsure if this is confirmed or if he aims to continue. What happens if he officially drops out, Mugabe goes ahead with the election on Friday, but somehow Tsvangirai wins a majority vote? Would that mean that Mugabe would continue to govern?

It's sickening to watch the UN Security Council Chinese members do nothing, but continue to trade with Mugabe's government.

The leaders in South Africa are propping Mugabe's government and economy up. It's taboo to say, but the country has gotten worse since the end of the apartheid.

Will the bloodshed continue to unravel in the next coming days or will the Movement for Democratic Change stand up to Mugabe's fist?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

3. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Yeah, Bush has made some noises, but I don't think it's going to do much.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Mugabe has been propped up by the West for DECADES. This is no surprise, and I could see the same thing happening in this country. Why do you think Bush has signed the presidential directives to keep him in office indefinitely in the event of a "national emergency"??

The fact is, the globalists WANT people like Mugabe to remain in power. He's their puppet. They know they need to keep these people enslaved with no chance of ever achieving anything for themselves.

People have NO CLUE about the West's involvement in keeping 90% of the African continent enslaved and impoverished.

5. Hiptastic

Hiptastic Unhedged

Speaking of no clue... Mugabe was quite popular for the first two decades of his rule, he didn't need anybody's help. Its only been the last 10 years when Zimbabwe's people, and the West, have turned against him. As Aristartle points out, its South Africa, and other African nations, that have been the most reluctant to do anything to oppose him, even criticise him.

Please stop applying your one size fits all conspiracy theory to everything, you sound like a spambot.

6. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I've not been here that long and Pressed Rat does seem a little repetitive.
    I went: Oh for fucks sake.
    Anyhoo...Supposedly this a free speach site, he has the right to say pretty much what he wants, right?

"Will the bloodshed continue to unravel in the next coming days"

Seems so.

"or will the Movement for Democratic Change stand up to Mugabe's fist?"

Seems not.

7. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

What exactly is Africom which US taxpayers pay for protecting..is it oil interests? In which case we will not thwart tyrants if they are in the interest of big oil.

http://www.africom.mil/AboutAFRICOM.asp

8. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Seems not. Somebody will enevitably say it is. You may have to decide.

Building Partner Capacity
    The creation of U.S. Africa Command does not mean the U.S. military will take a leading role in African security matters, nor will it establish large U.S. troop bases. Rather, Africa Command is a headquarters staff whose mission entails coordinating the kind of support that will enable African governments and existing regional organizations, such as the African Standby Force, to have greater capacity to provide security and respond in times of need. Africa Command builds on the many African-U.S. security cooperation activities already underway, yet will be able to better coordinate DoD support with other U.S. government departments and agencies to make those activities even more effective.

9. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Inflation is at 9,000,000%

Today's exchange rate : 1 USD = 10,594,701,303.45 ZWD

just a month ago it was 333,000,000 ZWD/ 1USD

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

No, some of you just don't have your facts together. And the fact is that the British armed and trained Mugabe's army. Once you understand South Africa's connection to Britain, you can see why they're complicit in this. Obviously there is a reason for it. Understand Zimbabwe's (once called Rhodesia... named after Cecil Rhodes) connection to the Anglo-American Establishment.

11. odon

odon Slightly Popular

12. forrealz

forrealz Banned

This is just a sidenote(I know you cannot compare what happenned in Zimbabwes election vs. the election of Bush),but It's ironic that Bush and his handlers criticized Zimbabwes election considering Bush was never "really" elected as Pres. I'm of course referring to the the 2000 election in America which was more like something that happens in 3rd world countries.

13. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Last time I checked they did not get a lynch mob to go around murdering and raping people. Neither did they have about a 97% swing and only one person on the ballot. Comparing the two is for loons. Are you siding with the loons?

14. forrealz

forrealz Banned

Odon,my post was just a sidenote,of course there is no comparison.And candidly I did not read most of this thread and I also have no idea what is going on in Zimbabwe.

15. odon

odon Slightly Popular

:smilielol5: My belly hurts...stop it. You're too much.