Zeitgeist: Addendum - released tonight!

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by kaminoishiki, Oct 3, 2008.

1. kaminoishiki

kaminoishiki Member

Just thought I'd inform you all that the second Zeitgeist movie is currently in the process of being uploaded for us all to watch. The movie trailers seem to be pointing towards spirituality and even non - duality, so I thought it would seem relevant to post a link here for us to discuss the movie after we've watched it.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Should be uploaded soon!:D

2. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Looks really cool, thanks. I'm looking forward to watching it. Is the first Zeitgeist movie available for viewing also? I couldn't find the link to it.

3. kaminoishiki

kaminoishiki Member

Yep, it's on the same website, just scroll down a bit and there should be a movie player there with the original zeitgeist movie available to watch, if not then just type in zeitgeist on youtube and it'll all be there to watch :)

4. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

oops nevermind, the link I clicked didn't work before but is working now. So I can see the first movie.

5. kaminoishiki

kaminoishiki Member

Hehe yeah there's heavy traffic because people keep checking the site to see if the second movie's been uploaded yet!

Enjoy the film, it's very compelling, I take most of it with a pinch of salt (lots of conspiracy theories) but at the end it points to oneness, which the second movie should delve into more detail tonight!

6. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Ok then, I'll just forward to the good part at the end. :rolleyes: :D

7. kaminoishiki

kaminoishiki Member

Zeitgeist:Addendum is now uploaded!

It's very thought provoking :)

8. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

hmmmmm..

I've never even seen the first one.

9. Psylence303

Psylence303 Member

very nice to know, the first one was great

10. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

thanks for posting this in the Political section:)

Excellent! I loved it.

11. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

I just finished watching the Addendum movie and watched the original Zeitgeist movie last night. And I'd like to share my perception of both of them, as there's really the same theme repeated.

First I'd like to say that the movies are both excellent and relevant to the world today. I especially liked the Addendum in the way it flowed. The first one, although very informative and provokative, seemed a bit disjointed. And I feel the creators made some assumptions regarding the religious aspect of the material they presented in it, which I'd like to speak about specifically, as I had some different perceptions about it.

The film (first Zeitgeist movie) showed overwhelming evidence that a certain pattern for a "spiritual teacher/redeemer" has been utilized repeatedly in human history. The same attributes and circumstances have been attributed for numerous historical figures, who at the time were considered Sons of God, one of whom was Jesus Christ. Now the film makers drew the conclusion that this was evidence of a propaganda scheme by the world's religions to control the masses, and that in fact such figures may never have existed at all.

What I see is a bit different. I'll try to explain this as best I can, but it may be hard to convey the meaning exactly. I have a vision of it, but how well I can translate it into words is questionable, so please bear with me. I invite feedback and discussion about it.

What I see is that from the beginning of time, humanity has been subjected to living according to a certain pattern of existence. This pattern is based on the separation between the mind and our inherent awareness of who we are. The pattern arises from and gives rise to: conditioning. It is repetitive. In fact, time itself is a wheel... often described as such... and repeats as in a loop.

It is the same human drama, the same human story, repeating itself over and over and over, for all of time, UNTIL THE CONDITIONING BREAKS. The conditioning is what drives this repetition. The outer appearance of human existence may change with time, as the biological organism evolves and progresses, but the inherent psychological framework of the mind DOES NOT change. There is no evolution available to us, psychologically. One of two modes of being is available to us: conditioned or unconditioned. There's no growth or evolution, merely transcendence from one to the other.

So the pattern repeats, much like is illustrated in the movie Groundhog Day. So the spiritual figures that have been recorded in history, in my opinion, aren't just myths. They are part of the cycle of the human story, in their outer form, but they are also pointers to awakening from the story. And yes, they have come time and time again, because the NEED for them has been there, time and time again.

What we see now in the world is the extreme example of what the conditioned state contains: mass insanity and destruction, built upon a foundation of scarcity and separation, which arises from our disconnection to the awareness of our true nature. Sometimes extreme examples are helpful, to wake up a sleeping organism. Hopefully, before the organism destroys itself.

Scarcity and separation have brought us here. And what are we to do with it? We look out there in the world and see the rich bankers, and then point our fingers... they're to blame. But is this true? Are these figures to blame? Or are they merely part of the same mass insanity that has prepared the ground in which they flourish?

When we point our fingers at someone to blame, what we are doing is repeating the same pattern of separation-mindedness that has brought us to this point in time. There is no THEM and US. We are ONE human organism, albeit a largely-insane one. Insanity is not a personal attribute. The rich and powerful elite COULD NOT exist without the masses that have been asleep at the wheel. The seeds of separation are in EVERYONE as long as we're plugged in to the same old pattern of conditioned thinking.

We can reinvent the wheel all we want. Down with the current system, only to construct a new one. And unless the underlying consciousness changes, the new system will only fall into the same insane patterns.

This is what has been happening throughout time.

So how are we to change all this? The only TRUE change must begin within. We must wake up and SEE the insanity within each and every one of us FIRST. This must happen first or else it's all for naught! We must see how separation and scarcity plays out individually in our particular existence.

A banding of damaged cells cannot heal an ailing organism. But if each cell acknowledges responsibility for its own healing first, then a healing on a massive scale is possible.

This is what I see. I wonder how many are willing to look within. I wonder how many are willing to unplug from the conditioned way of living, to see the addictive mind patterns that rule them. We are slaves already, to this type of thinking and way of being, but don't know it. We want to be entertained, to remain asleep, because personal responsibility just isn't worth the effort.

So what kind of extreme lesson opportunity must arise to give us this incentive? How stubborn are we??

12. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

how many times are they going to "remake" this movie?

what do they keep changing in it?

13. kaminoishiki

kaminoishiki Member

Oh it's not a remake (unless you meant in the sense of repeating the same message, in that case I'd say as long as it takes for the message to get across!) it's a completely new feature length movie which basically offers a solution to the problems presented in the previous zeitgeist movie.

Nice analysis, blue. - I'll tellyou my thoughts about it later!

14. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

It sound like whoever made the original one just comes up with something new out of his imagination whenever someone points out some bullshit on his part.

Is that whats going on?

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I agree, there is evidence if a propaganda scheme to control the masses. It's called the Zeitgiest film, riddled with factual errors and prepared for the purpose of deception. Why have the producers of the film put so much time, effort and money into this propaganda effort? What do they hope to achieve from it? Good questions to ask.

16. Hoatzin

Hoatzin Senior Member

As if the masses even need controlling.

I've only read the Wiki entry for these films (although since they apparently cite little in the way of substantiation, it seems like that's probably enough), but it sounds like a three-part mix of a) standard conspiracy fare, b) a fairly standard if less common attempt to tie spirituality into politics by way of a rather over-simplified version of Levi-Strauss' mythology studies, and c) various other stuff that's probably true, and which can be found referenced in lots of other films. On the plus side, the promo poster, of the world in a cage: pretty cool.

Just in terms of probability, an over-arching conspiracy to "explain" things that really don't need an explanation seems redundant. Wars happen because people are all jerks, and religions happen because people are scared of their own freedom. If one needs a grand conspiracy to "explain" this away and retain their faith in humanity, that's fine I guess, but that's no different from a new religion really.

Again, by all accounts the film cites the kind of sources that are only cited with words like "credible" and "legitimate" added in as qualifiers, when it bothers to cite them at all.

See, I'm not going to say that there's no conspiracy. But if there is, it is concealed expertly and blended so seamlessly with "reality" - the world as it appears and the world as it is, etc. - that one would have to be a fool not to believe the lie.

17. Hoatzin

Hoatzin Senior Member

I'd say that, if there was a conspiracy of the type the film apparently describes, they'd either be arranging for films like Zeitgeist to be made, as a means to detract credibility from "legitimate paranoia" by conflating it with a bunch of schizoid mumbo-jumbo; or at the very least they would be finding it mildly amusing that the only people who suspect their existence do so without real evidence and with an unfortunate tendency to undermine their own credibility. The conspiracy theory industry might as well be working for the conspirators, for all the good judgment and sense it uses in conveying its message.