Yusuf Islam is the son of God (quote form the Gospel,seriously)?!!

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by catstevens, Nov 19, 2005.

1. catstevens

catstevens Muslim Top To Toe

Hi every one, :) I hope you are all fine and happy
    OK, Ok, calm down and hold on, I have to expect as always that there will be who will take off the topic regarding Yusuf Islam, so I want to tell him/her/them that the essence of the topic isn't Yusuf so take off the topic in a new thread, however, I will tell you how he is the son of God but at the end of my topic because you have to know something before this.

Is Jesus the only son of God?
    Let the bible answer:

Adam the son of God (Luke 3: 38)
    Israel is My son, My first-born (Exodus 4: 22)
    The Lord said unto me, thou art my Son; this day have I begotten
    thee (Psalms 2: 7--King James Version).
    So, according to the Bible, and announced by the Father himself, David is another begotten Son!
    Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God John: 1: 12

Tracing this title “son of God” in the Bible, we can find many “sons of
    God” and that Jesus is not the only son.
    It can be concluded that the Bible uses this titleson of Godfiguratively to mean righteous, pious, selected.

If you worship Jesus because he is the son of God, Why you don't worship Adam and the others whom are God's sons too?

Back to Yusuf Islam,
    In 2003, Yusuf Islam was awarded the World Social Award for his humanitarian work. More recently, in November 2004 he was honoured with the Man for Peace award by a committee of Nobel peace laureates.
    Accordingly,
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
    (Matthew 5:9)
    Again: I have to expect as always that there will be who will take off the topic regarding Yusuf Islam, so I want to tell him/her/them that the essence of the topic isn't Yusuf so take off the topic in a new thread.

Yours Sincerely,
    Cat Stevens

2. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Does a baby know what it's father means when the father calls it a son right from it's mother's womb or does it need to learn what the word Son means through experience?

To know you are a son of God takes experience of God's will for you, and experience of your own will.