Your views on this?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by r33f3r_m4dn3ss, Mar 17, 2006.

1. r33f3r_m4dn3ss

r33f3r_m4dn3ss Member

What are your views on Deism and Theism?

Historical and modern deism is defined by the view that reason, rather than revelation or tradition, should be the basis of belief in God. Deists reject both organized and revealed religion and maintain that reason is the essential element in all knowledge

Theism is the belief in one or more gods or goddesses. More specifically, it may also mean the belief in God, a god, or gods, who is/are actively involved in maintaining the Universe.

Theism (second definition): The doctrine God(s) is immanent in the world, yet transcends it.

These God's do not have to pertain to any set of religion, I beleive the main concept of God has been distorted by religion. Deism and Theism come close to my actualy belief in god. I see myself more as a deist, but i choose to be a meta-ideologist [​IMG] .