your thoughts please, met a girl at work and...

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by jswallo, Feb 11, 2011.

1. jswallo

jswallo Member

-I am an assitant manager of a museum visitor centre, 29 year old male ( you had need not know that but just to set the scene I guess)-

Met a girl at work today (I was working, she was a visitor at my workplace, a museum)

Did not have the chance to chat properly as I was busy but made an effort to approach her as she left the museum. (the till that she queued at on entering had a problem and therefore no tickets/recipts could be printed, I told here I would be able to reprint her recipts for her to collect as she left)

Anyway I handed over the recipt as she left and I plainly asked her if she had enjoyed the day, she exclaimed she had and we had a quick chat about the museum and that she had not visited since she was very young (about 24/25 now I think)
    With that her bus arrived and she had to leave for home, the girl finnishing saying have a nice evening as she left. (story over... lol bit of a long winded one sorry)

I have her works address (as she is a teacher of the school she was visiting and she told me this if I missed her on leaving to post the recipt tickets to her) and also I have had a quick look on facebook and I believe I have found her on it.

I would really like to get in touch with her again soon as she was kinda cute and this is where I need a little advice. Do I write her a bit of a letter asking her i she would want to meet for a drink or ask her the same on facebook (ofcourse me not being a friend of hers on it) ??????

Would really appreciate some views.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

hmm idk man. she might think its kinda weird you looked her up on facebook. but on the other hand, she might be glad you did. i woud do it, because if you dont, youll never know..

3. jswallo

jswallo Member

Hmm thats exactly what I first thought- the facebook thing- what about a good old fashioned letter? ok it is to her works address, but if I put confidental or somthing on the front? or does that sound a bit unproffesional as the info is off of work documents (i actually have her mobile number on the same document but I feel that using that would be even more unprofessional prehaps?

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

honestly, i think hunting her down and contacting her after the incident you described would probably come across as kind of creepy. on the other hand, your options are probably risking looking like a creep or never seeing her again, so it's not like you have anything to lose.

unless you can find some reason, having nothing to do with her, to go to her school and run into her. or something along those lines.

5. spexxx

spexxx Member

She'll either reciprocate or she won't. Might as well find out

6. jswallo

jswallo Member

All valid points cheers guys sigh.. all I keep going over are the bad points, being a creep and stuff- maybe its a sign to say No don't do it Lol.

A quick text message can't hurt ...can it?

7. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Text message? As in via Facebook? I wouldn't if I were you...but that's just me.

If I were you, I'd write her a casual note/letter and send it to her work with, like you said, "confidential" written on it. That way it's that much less creepy because she'd know she'd provided that information(as in her work address) voluntarily. Facebook on the other hand is something YOU looked up. Ok, we're all guilty of this form of benign stalking, but who knows how she'd react to it, right?

Another thing you have to ask yourself is... Is she really worth it? Sure, if she's cute and seems fun to be around, you'd want to get to know her better and everything. But, a lot of people are cute and fun to be with. You have to figure out whether or not she's worth risking certain things...like being regarded as creepy for instance.

All the best. :)

8. RobynCB90

RobynCB90 Member

This is a tough one, but I would say just send her a facebook message.

The letter is a good idea, but the letter with "confidential" on it might be interpreted as too extravagant. I mean, it is considered normal (at least for my age group of 19-22) to message people you don't know on facebook because it's not considered very formal. A letter, however, which goes to her work no less, may seem like an obvious attempt to compensate for something. I would suggest the facebook message that begins with "This may seem out of line... too direct..blahblah" or something along those lines.

You would have a better idea as to what you're comfortable with, I hope it works out. But just do something, whatever it is! Why not? The worst that can happen is that she'll say no.

9. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Hmm, maybe... Well, I initially said a letter would be better based on the fact that her work address was something she'd voluntarily provided, versus her Facebook which He'd had to deliberately look up. But I suppose you're right about the frequency of people's messaging to strangers on Facebook. Plus, your suggestion to add "this may seem out of line..." does seem very considerate, and as a matter of fact may be even more effective than a hand-written letter.

It is a tough one, isn't it... lol

10. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

rent a kid and walk around her school with him/her until you run into her, and if she ask, its your friends kid who your baby sitting

11. jswallo

jswallo Member

After a lot of thouht and asking friends around me and indeed thanks to all who have commented on here I am going for the message on facebook.:hide:

cheers guys and gals.

12. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

The options now seem to be owning up to your creepiness or not. Might as well go for it, since the creep part is a fait acompli.

Next time ask if you can keep in touch in person, eh?

13. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Maybe I'm missing something, but you said she provided her mobile number as well? Give her a call outside of school hours is what I'd do. If she liked you, she's probably kind of hoping you will.

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

phone her now..its not creepy..its the way we did things before computers

15. jswallo

jswallo Member

16. jswallo

jswallo Member

maybe just a text at first

"hi we met at (my work) on friday, hope you had a good day. I wanted to ask you at the time if you would like to share a drink sometime."

17. jswallo

jswallo Member