Your take on what love is.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, May 15, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

What exactly is love between two people?
    Quick three word thing wont do ("love is wonderful every time around")..if you can't explain you can't understand it, and I'm looking for clear intelectual explanations.

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You can go with the 'highest goal' of our lives. A means to find happiness.

Or the Biochemical urges to procreate and raise a family bit.

Really it's all the same to me.

3. NecroDynamic

NecroDynamic Banned

Love is scientifically classified as a chemical addiction. In my own terminology: Lust. Instinct. Bringer of happiness.

4. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I dont think it matters if you cant explain or understand it. As with all beautiful things that dont need any explanation, like tripping on LSD. You may think you understand it, but how can nonsense be understood? Its just beautiful as it is and much better when left to experience without discussion. Opinions bring argument and cloud the love for what it really is, subjective and left to the individual to enjoy.
    Not to say this thread is a waste, though ;)

5. WWKCD729

WWKCD729 Member

its just a word in the dictionary....

6. lakeoffire

lakeoffire Live.Laugh.Fuck.

I wrote this awhile ago, i still think its true:

I think love is the best and worst emotion ever. How do you know if someone really loves you? Of course they could say it, but they are just words. But when you do love someone, you know it... you can feel it in your heart. When you are with them, you feel like there could be nothing more perfect in the world. And all the little things you never noticed before start to grab your attention. And your worries seem to disappear because you know its okay, the person you love is there to save you.And when you leave that person you want to cry, though you know you will see them again soon, soon just isnt close enough...

But when it's gone, you feel lonley and your worries start to come back in focus. The little things you never noticed before all remind you of that person, and bring tears to your eyes.Aand you want to feel the love they had given you just one last time. You feel a void in yourself you never knew was filled in the first place. Warm tears fill your eyes and caress your cheeks as memories of you and that person capture your mind.

Then it hits you... If you had never existed, it wouldnt have happened. You wouldnt feel pain, you wouldnt feel anything. You wouldnt have to think or worry or care. You wouldnt feel guilty because of it simply because you never existed. The realization then sinks in: your not worth it, you never will be

I want that feeling of love again...

7. WWKCD729

WWKCD729 Member

i wrote a song on love..but its not finished yet...its pretty b.a., a lot of people like what i have so far...so im hoping i will finish it soon

8. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Well good luck. Love's not an intellectual thing. And the idea that you can't understand something unless you can explain it is not true at all. Try explaining the meaning of a word to someone who doesn't know what it means. Not just the dictionary definition, but all the different connotations of the word. Not just its literal definition, but how it will be taken by others. That's something you just know, but it an be very difficult to explain.

9. lakeoffire

when it is finished, you should post it. I would love to read it!

10. WWKCD729

WWKCD729 Member

my first post is in the song...sounds lame, but the way i put it in the song is good...but for real, i think i have been in more "infatuation" relationships, rather than a real "love" relationship..

11. lakeoffire

what was your first post? yeah same here i think i was in love maybe once

12. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I used to be in love with a girl, for 3 years, and we were engaged, but now I am only in love with my beautiful son :)

and morphine :tongue:

13. WWKCD729

WWKCD729 Member

love is just a word in the dictionary...i was with this one girl for a year and a half..thats long for a 19-20 year old...but we said i love you to eachother, but after the fifth time i said it, i was like..pfft..no way..ill stick around for a little bit...lol

14. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I dreamt last night about the woman I really loved who stayed with me for a few years
    some of which was traveling backpacking. Wish I could see her again.

15. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

it's an idea of something I don't want to live without but really the only true love that I have felt was/is for my five amazing children

not to say I don't love my man but I have grown and learned not to trust that feeling... (I've been married and divorced twice so cynicism is second nature to me)
    to dig a little deeper about the feelings that possess me while I'm in love.. I feel a strong desire to be in his presence... wanting to do anything to make him happy...being filled with an indescribable feeling of joy at the very site of him... and plenty more.. feelings of peace.. and seemingly never tiring of hearing his voice
    blahh you get the picture right? :p

16. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

Do I still want to be in this relationship when things really, really suck?

Ultimately, yes.

17. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Love is when I wake up next to my wife and she has her hair going six different directions and eye snot and drool stains on the side of her face and I still think to myself, "I'd tap that"

18. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

You sound exactly like my husband boosh. He tells me I'm beautiful or sexy as hell even when I KNOW I look like total crap. [​IMG]

19. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

that's how you know you got a good man.

20. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

For the record, he's right