your take on drug commercials?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by LifeGod101, Jun 5, 2004.

1. LifeGod101

LifeGod101 Member

Hey, i was just thinking about all these anti-smoking commercials..and how much they piss me off. if your friend were drowning, would you save her? tell her parents you werent watching her because you were high. mom-the ENFORCER! GAWD DAMN IT! up at school everytime we saw one wed blaze a bowl er something. and let me tell you, they are on ALL THE TIME. it fuckin redonkulous. you know how much money our gov must waste on those fuckin things? i'd love to hear a few takes on this. thats why im posting. just pisses me off. oh yea. if you smoke pot, your funding TERRORISM!

BAHHHH HHA HAAA

2. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

Most of the propagana is put out gy private organisation's that actually believe this crap. If you smoke pot you might get RAPED! That one really pisses me off .And the stupid one about car wrecks they tell you some lame statistic about how many people had pot in there system when they where in a wreck. That does'nt mean they were stoned right.It just means they had smoked pot in like the last week or so right maybe longer cause it takes a bit to get out of your system. So that whole thing is soo bogus. All this time should be on meth prevention not weed! I hate them and wish they would stop airing this crap that is based on opinion instead of fact's!

3. reef

reef Member

i think those commercials are so damn hilarious. it's the best when your baked and you see them. me and my friends just start laughing so hard. i love that one about the swim team. they are like just tell your teammates your were getting high. fuk yah, they'll be like why the hell didn't you invite me.

thou that one where that one chick is like we need to talk, other people are starting to talk about you and she leaves him a note. i thought that one was a bit bs. no one in high school would give a hoot if you smoked reefer.

but my favorite commercial is the one with the boy sitting on the baseball field cause his bro forgot to pick him up. that one rings so true, i've down that to my bro a few times, but i make up for it by taking him to 7/11 for slurpees.

4. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

i love the one where the black guys keep cruising through the drive thru and on the fourth time they hit a little girl on a bike. it was all because they were "stoned." haha those commercials are lovely.

and yeah, if my swimming teammate went and got high without me, i'd be hurt. honestly.

5. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nothing could possibly beat Bill Hicks's rant on the "this is your brain on drugs" egg commercial. It went something like this (not an exact quote):

"That egg commercial, if that's the government's take on drugs, you know we're FUCKED... I've seen a lot of weird shit on drugs, but I've never ever ever ever looked at an egg, and thought it was a brain. I have seen UFO's split the sky open like a sheet... I've had seven balls of light come off of UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and that there's no such thing as death, but I've never ever ever EVER looked at an egg and thought it was a brain. Now. Maybe I wasn't getting good shit. After that commercial, I feel cheated. Hey where do you get the shit that makes eggs look like brains? What is that, CIA stash?

The guy's drunk doing the commercial, first of all... Dude, that's an egg, that's a frying pan, that's a stove, you're an alcoholic, dude, I'm trippin' right now, and I still see that as a fucking egg. It has UFO's circling it, a hobbit is eating it, but goddamnit, that hobbit is eating a fucking EGG. He's on a unicorn. But goddamnit that is a fucking EGG!!!!"

He was hilarious. If you've not heard him, find an mp3, he was one of the really great comics.

6. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

those anti drug girls r sooo fuking dum and so funny, its funny where a bunch of guys r downstairs and one is liek yo break out the weed, and wen he gets his stahs there is a ntoe on his rolling paper that says we need to talk from mom and then he is all pissed lol id be lik efuk dude thats my last piece of rolling paper!!! ahahahah and yes some1 said they r much better stoned, hahah he is so dam rite

7. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

these comericials are classic. pure classic. the one with the basketball team..."just tell your teammates that you were out getting stoned when you could have one the championship" - somethign like that.

hahahahah

8. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Bill Hicks, classic stuff. What year did he die?

9. Velouria

Velouria Member

I'm an actress and someday I want to be in one of those commercials. And you know what? I'll be stoned while they're filming it...

10. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Ya...i think all anyone gets out of those commercials is a good laugh.

Although I am not so happy that they are wasting my tax dollars on that shit. :mad:

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Member

Yes! I love that one for one simple reason. If you changed the slogan from My Anti-Drug to Legalize, it would send a completely opposite message. Same with the guys getting busted in the bathroom stall at a concert.
    On a side note... who tokes in a bathroom stall at a concert? The whole fucking arena is a hotbox, why bother being so obvious? Dumbasses

12. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

WUTS MY ANTI DRUG!?!

Fuck anti drug, whoever disses me for doing drugs I will order pizza, and load it with shrooms. heh heh heh
    *evil smile*

13. maybejusthappy

maybejusthappy Member

yeah, one time I was hitting this GIANT blunt when a one of those came on (where the friends are in the car and the one pulls over and says "we need to talk") and it goes "its hard to talk to your friends about their problems with marijuana or alcohol" and me and my toking buddy just looked at eachother and he goes "I think you have a problem with marijuana" so I blow the smoke in his face and said "I don't have a problem with marijuana. I think its great."

ha ha. I got so baked that day. It was great.

14. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

i have something very personal against the damn anti-drug companies...

about a week and a half ago my dad recieved an anynomous letter in the mail that said

"Mr. <my last name>

John used to be my friend. I am concerned about him" and it had a little pamphlet printed off from the computer from some website that said how you can tell if your kid's doing pot...

and my dad searched my room and found my stash and rolling papers...

i dunno if my "friend" gave my name and address to some website or if he prited it off himself or what...but what a fucking bastard
    if i ever find out who it is, even if it is this one guy who i suspect that used to be really close friends with me, i might have to beat the shit outta him...
    honestly, couldn't he have come to me instead of going straight to my dad...what an ass

anyway this topic is about the commercials, yeah they're annoying and can even add to our bad rep, cause it counts as money the gov't spends fighting drugs, and they somehow use that against us...bah!

the one commercial i hate the most is the swimming one where it says "just tell the team you missed the race b/c you were stoned, they'll understand"...i doubt anyone would skip a swim competition if they were stoned, that's just stupid, but if you did, they would have an alternate for the relay...and even if they didn't have an alternate, the goddamn team would not be standing by the starting blocks or whatever looking around like dumbasses...goddamn it the comercial just doesn't work!

15. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Mis-information sucks, but lack of free speech sucks even more.

16. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

the one in the drive thru is great on the chappelles show. they were in the car and were like FUCK! OMG DID YOU JUST HIT SMEONE! and chappelle runs out and grabs her bike and leaves then some guy floors it and the other are running away. damn hilarious

17. SagaciosuKJB

SagaciosuKJB Member

The one's I really hate are the ones that say, "If a friend has a problem with marijuana or alcohol talk to them," or some stupid shit.

I don't like that for two reasons:

1) They're actually putting alcohol and pot in the same boat, and that's just fucking hilarious. Beer is so much worse than pot.
    2) They're basically telling any naive kid who may be watching that if your friend drinks and all or smokes pot at all, they have a problem, and you have to intervine.

It's all bullshit. Grr.

18. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You know that one anti-drug commercial with the chick bashing everything with the frying pan? Notice the time on the clock is set to 4:20?

[​IMG]

19. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

hahaha, i never noticed that. thats awesome.

20. truspurfan

truspurfan Member

that chicks hot.

i like the one where the little girl's brother forgets to pick her up after school, an were supposed to assume she gets molested by the janitor i guess.

another awesome one is when the boys are sitting in the den or whatever and smoking pot, and one kid pulls out a gun. http://mediacampaign.org/multimedia/den.mov

Kid 1: "is it loaded"
    Kid 2: "i dont think so"
    BANG!
    Announcer: "Marijuana impairs your judgement. Harmless?????"

see, cause the problem wasnt the GUN the kid was playing with, it was the POT he was smoking that...shot his friend.

your taxdollars at work people. and it doesnt matter what we think about it, because most americans are dumb enough to buy this shit, because the machine has the power and the money, and were just a few lowly people in the larger scheme of things. and plus dont forget we are criminals. who cares what lawbreaking jerks like us think?

http://mediacampaign.org/mg/television.html