Your stoned, Your sitting there.. read this.

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by SirTokesAlot, May 17, 2007.

1. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Yo just stoppin by to say whats up to my fellow smokers. I've been doing a lot of hard fuckin backbreaking work with my brother roofing. That shit's like some immigrant work man, but I enjoy it a lot.. pays good too, 10 bucks an hour under the table. My point it telling you this was to let the more lazy stoners know its tight working and getting money, get off your ass if your not earning your way.

Anyways, I'm baked so Im gonna go.. Later, keep tokin'

2. short-man420

short-man420 Member

i'm getting a job in the summer workin in the trucking industry, loading and unloading trucks 15-20/hour depending on which dock i'm working

3. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

Man under the table is the way to be paid. NO FUCKING TAXES fucking shit up.

4. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

Yeah I did roofing all last summer. Tearing up shingles with a shovel sure is fun ain't it? It's hard work, but at the end of the day when you can get on the ground and look at what you did, you get a great sense of accomplishment. I'm not cut out for that shit, due to my wirery physique and toothpick arms. Picking up those packs of shingles and lugging them around a hot ass roof sucks, so mad props to you my man.

5. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

i think im gonna be selling jewelry this summer

6. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

Under the table is a sweet deal.

Though, if you're looking for another job, using it as a reference can get shifty as if they DO investigate... under the table doesent really cut it.

7. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

i need a job, im way to lazy. i go to school, come home, sleep, use the computer, watch tv, eat, and go to the bathroom. Weekends are different though.

8. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

i hate working. i hate where i work, i hate work in general. i make 10 an hour not under the table.

fuck.

baked.
    goood night sir

9. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

I work as a bartender in a busy student bar. I work friday and saturday nights (two of our three busy nights, wednesday is the other - cheap night). And I LOVE my job.
    I can work stoned, I can work drunk, it's all good. My workmates and I have a session every morning at 6am after work - hot knives, my friends. Good times.
    I don't care about "not getting to go out in the weekend" or whatever... people always ask me that shit. But I'm a stoner. Not a boozer. I'll get drunk once in a while but it's not a big thing. So I get to go out, have fun and get paid for it.

10. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

I know what you mean...im not the biggest guy on the block but im not the smallest either....and lugging them packs up the ladder and onto the roof is a pain in the ass.....definately mad props to ya bud...it's hard work but it pays in the end....

11. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

i've never worked in roofing, but we redid my grandparents old house with the Duroid shingles, and we also recently put cedar shakes on an addition to our house

the duroid is a fucking ****, lugging bundles of that up a ladder is definatly not fun

12. 420everyday

420everyday Member

I did roofing for 1 year & never went back. That's some ball busting work!!! I'll never do another roof EVER again. I give any roofer props. You DO earn your $$$. I remember comming home and feeling like gumby with hurting muscles I didn't even knew I had in certain places. If your into it, learn the trade & in a couple of years try doing it on your own. There's HUGE $$$$ in roofs!!!

13. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

$10/hr for roofing? ask for more... $10/hr doesn't sounds like they're not only working you like an immigrant but paying you like one too.

and under the table sucks. i know a lot of people that worked under the table construction their whole life because they didn't want to pay taxes and when they retire they will have nothing but what they have saved. my dad, however, pays his taxes and all that and he's gonna get a fat check when he retires... plus what he has saved. under the table sucks.

14. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

I'm manager of an arcade pullin' in $10/hr also. We have a great group of people that work there and it's hella fun. I never mind goin' to work.

15. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

I'm a lazy ass.. but I am broke and need money so I'm trying to get a job..
    doubt anybody will hire my lazy ass though lol

16. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

You got that right. I hate the three-tab shingles that fucking bend when you pick them up and all the weight goes to the center. I'm just not big enough for that. I had some good times though.

17. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Yea, unless you have a baby with someone then break up, and you raise the child equal days of the week as her, and the girl wont let you claim your own child, and then April comes around and you owe a couple grand that you dont have. ;) Be careful lol, I was FUCKED this year, I owed over $3000.00

18. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

potato forks pwn at fuckin up shingles

19. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Ohhhh fahhk you guys, I only make $7 an hour. Working on/with go-karts and these boat things at a mini golf place. Shoveling rocks, picking weeds and generally laboring in the sun all day. Sucks. I'd gladly work with any of you guys on your jobs. Especially the arcade.. that sounds fun.

20. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

job applications are free...