Your past relationships?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by EazyE, Oct 7, 2007.

1. EazyE

EazyE Senior Member

Can someone post what they think is the most upsetting reason they have broken up with their partner, or their partner has broken up with them, and explain why? Im asking this to:

1. Make me feel better about my situation
    2. Gain some advice if i ever fall into a simular relationship
    3. Learn how to cope afterwards

So im basically asking the forum members to post up their past relationships, why they didnt work out and what you and your ex did afterwards.

Please reply

2. SlydeHippie

SlydeHippie Banned

I just recently ended a year relationship and it sucked.

We broke up because of differences in political views, and although I kept telling her that it is VERY stupid to end it because of that, she had made up her mind.

It still hurts so much to see her falling for some dick right in front of my eyes, but it's best not to go into depression.

Every second you are angry, you waste a second of happiness.

3. green faerie

green faerie m L e

cheating. i've been dumped for cheating, after i came clean and apologized. i've also dumped a couple guys for cheating on me.

4. Desert Flower Momma

Desert Flower Momma Member

I got dumped the first time I got pregnant. The man said that he wanted kids with me, but I guess it was too much for him when it actually happened. I haven't seen him since.

As far as me and my ex go... I would still want to run him over with my car if I ever saw him again.

5. its_des10e

its_des10e Member

Well, the most destating for me was the end of a five and a half year long (off and on) relationship with my best friend. She decided she couldn't live her life as a lesbian, and I was willing to (It was her first same-sex experience.) So we ended it. And it put a strain on our 10 year friendship. So we ended up at each other's throats in a really messy situation. We went our own ways, stayed that way for quite some time, and now we recently started talking again. We're trying to rebuild a friendship, but that's it.

Equally devestating for me was the break-up between the guy who took my virginity and I. We hooked up after five months, and then four months later it was over. We also tried to remain friends, but that didn't work. We don't talk anymore, and I don't think we ever will again. He was probably the only guy I trusted 100%, and I told him absolutely everything. So, it's hard to lose someone that close. Then there was the attachment because he was my first, and I loved him very much.

Shocking, for me, was my recent ex who had a fiance of 10 years on the side of what we had, and I didn't know it. And he had a very bad drug problem which effected everything. And he was a habitual liar on top of that and had been a dealer at one time. I was more angry and flabbergasted by that one.

Trust me, there is no better teacher than your own personal relationships, though. You'll be surprised how much you learn and evolve as you go. :)

6. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I once broke up with a man becuase he raped me, was violent and had a very horrific sexual problem. He was very sick

Sorry its grim, but thats my honest answer. Worst reason

Hope things get sorted for you

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

not sure, i've been dumped a couple times, but no one's been nice enough to give decent expanation

8. LightBred

LightBred Member

They repeat themselves over and over and over and over.

9. Adgreyga

Adgreyga Member

let see, im 19 and have had only 2 "relationships"

one, i dumped him, 9 mo relationship, cause i just couldnt bare any longer that i felt (aka knew) he was gay. we broke up bad, but recently we made up and have been friends for 2 mo now

two, he wanted to break up because i had my life together heaps more than him and cause i wouldnt have sex with him after wed been going out for like 2 mo (even tho hed never admit this) aka was a WASTE of time

i guess im "coping" by not being open to actually finding a real connection with anyone protential. mainly, im not willing to waste time on someone i dont feel is worth pulling me out of this little shell of quickly acquired knowledge of guys.

presently, im pretty selective, in an emotional affairs since found myself being strongly attached to guys who are unattainable. but at the same time, ready to get my feet wet. even though i still have to adjust to wearing this mask (or so i feel it is since im used to wearing my heart on my sleeve) and "breaking it in" sort-of speak.
    but i realize that im young and that i still have much to learn and more importantly, to still experience a love.

10. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

i just came out of a 2 and a half year relationship not too long ago and i feel like it never even happened

which is starting to weird me out

11. boxo frain

boxo frain Member

Hmm... I just got cheated on everytime. And by everytime I mean about all 10 relationships I have had. About 5 had an impact on my life and ended the same way.

Most recent ex... I was 17, she was 18 going on 19... Sent me a txt message at 6 am (woke me up) saying we need to break up. So she could fool around with a 39 year old man with kids who is married. After telling me (for the past 4-5 months or so) she was a lesbian. LOL

12. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

because he lied to me about who he was, mostly because he didnt know himself well enough to say who he was. ie said he was a gentleman who treated women well and loved to indulge his partner and was very sexual, very respectful, etc etc etc

then suggested we import a girl from teh states who had a maid fetish so she could clean fo rus then we could fuck her, was an asshole, turned me down for sex repeatedly (After saying his sex drive was higher than almost anyonoes), refused to listen to me in any debate, etc etc etc

essentially, told me he was someone who he was not, and after i realized it we broke up

13. Smeg

Smeg Member

I had a girl who did'nt like sex at all, been very respectfull and carefull and patient. But then, she would'nt get help. I say no sex = no couple.