Your partner is still friends with ex

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by dreamsDOcomeTRUE, Sep 7, 2011.

1. dreamsDOcomeTRUE

dreamsDOcomeTRUE KYTLIVE

I'm just wondering if your in a relationship or met someone your attracted to and that person is close/friends with his/her ex. Would you worry about it?

*I met this girl and she said she's best friends with her ex, which let me back off a little bit. I just find that kind of strange.

2. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

this girl i kind of want to fuck is still fucking her ex...or was fucking her ex...i don't know

she's sort of a mess, i don't even know why i want to fux with her

3. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

Depends on the situation.

I've had friends that were exes but it was strictly a friendship...no feelings, nothing.

I had an ex that was friends with an ex and he definitely still had feelings for her.

I guess it depends on if you get the vibes that there are feelings there. Talk to her about it and try and get the whole situation and story of them.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm really close friends with a couple of my exes. I can imagine its probably pretty off-putting to the guy I'm dating, but if he had a problem with it I would break up with him before I would lose two people who have been a part of my life a long time.

He doesn't have a problem with it though, and neither should you as long as she puts off the vibe that they are strictly friends.

5. delilah sunshyne

delilah sunshyne Member

I dont talk to any of my exes. they ended up being assholes, why keep them as friends?

My boyfriends's ex is super trashy. He better not talk to her. Its not even her being an ex that would make me split if they were friends. I just don't like people who don't work and suck from the system's tit. Crackheads don't warm up nicely to me either.
    (she wasn't a crackhead when they dated, but she did sit around all day and smoke blunts with weird people while my man busted his ass to pay their rent)

thats my situation. I'm sure its different for other folks, but I would be asking a million questions to someone who was still buddy-buddy with his ex.

6. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

in my experience the ones you really liked

are the ones you wish you could push off the side of a bridge thereafter

instead of becoming their bff.

7. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

When I first met my boyfriend he was still friends with his ex. I don't think they were so much friendly as he was still wanting to be with her, but she cheated on him so he couldn't make himself be okay with it. She was doing terrible things and he wanted to help her. I told him right off the bat if he still wasn't over her, then he and I should not start a relationship, also that I was not comfortable with being with him if he was friends with an ex that I sensed he still had feelings for.

I even asked him once if he had not met me, would he have gone back with her and he said he wasn't sure. That made me worry a bit but he realized that was just ridiculous to hang onto her and cut contact. To be fair I had recently broken up with my fiance but I was ready to move on. Especially since it ended badly (very badly), he didn't have to worry about my being attached to the ex.

We've now been together for over a year.

8. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

Honestly who cares if they are friends. If they are more then friends
    Then let's be honest if someone's gona cheat u can't stop them. There has to be trust.

9. bluedragonfly

bluedragonfly Member

My boyfriend is good friends with his ex. His best friend is her fiance, so it doesn't bother me. We hang out with them a lot and it's obvious there are no feelings there.

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Not by default.

If things actually seemed fishy, yeah.

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I see my partner having a mature friendship with their former partner as a good thing.
    They don't just walk away, they don't desert, they can be adult about differences.

Now, if one was simply pining, I'd understand...been there.. but I would look for signs of moving on.

All that said, I'm friends with a few formers.
    My ex husband could not stand his ex. She had problems, to be sure, but he also couldn't work through their issues, and they got in OUR way.
    It was sad.

12. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

If the ex is dark suger then yes yes you do honey

13. DL999

DL999 Guest

I think it shows a certain maturity if your partner is friends with his ex, that the relationship was dealt with in an 'adult' manner and also that any passion between them must be dead if they have moved on enough to be friends.

That's how it is with me and my ex of 8 yrs, I spent way too much of my life with this person who I once loved to just erase from my life. Any new man who had a problem with that would have to go, I'm lucky my man is understanding and I am totally cool with him being friends with his. After all, he's choosing to be with me.

14. dreamsDOcomeTRUE

dreamsDOcomeTRUE KYTLIVE

but you and your ex has history, I mean I wouldn't blame someone for having a problem with that

I know I will

15. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Same here, dreams. It just depends on what kind of person you are. If you can be okay with it, then cool. But if you can't, then there's nothing wrong with that either. The rules of a relationship should be decided by the people in the particular relationship, not outsiders.

16. TheMistress

TheMistress Senior Member

welcome to lesbian relationships!

17. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Perhaps my point wasn't clear it depends not only on ur partner but on the ex maybe they don't want to see them with anyone else

18. M2D

M2D Member

friends is ok, if they are both over their feelings and the ex wasnt an asshole to her in any way... My story: I recently almost dated this girl whos ex was extremely verbally abusive to her... not only did she stay friends with him, but she also continued to live with him... and when i brought up the fact I didnt think it was a good idea she told me I was trying to "control" her (I never tried to control her at all, not the type of guy I am) thats one of many reasons i decided to back the fuck out of that relationship.... hahaha

19. SandsOfDarkness

SandsOfDarkness Member

If i was talking to a girl who is friends with her ex, then I will be worried but its nothing wrong with it unless they are doing suspicious activities