Your parents ;P

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by jean_genie, Jun 1, 2006.

1. jean_genie

jean_genie psychedelic saturday

Right.. what were your parents like at your age?

Mine.. well, my mum toured with Gong, Motorhead and Hawkwind as a dancer/groupie/friend/god-knows-what and was a total hippie.. okay seriously thats just not fair, she was cooler than i am =[

:p

So what are your parents like?

2. gulfwinds

gulfwinds girasoles para los amigos

ha, at my age my mom was a pharmacy student living in a small town and supervised 24/7 by a pedagogue, and my dad was figuring out how to run off to america withoiut being shot at the border...that's about it :eek:

3. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

oh shit:D

my mum was trying out for cheerleading while listening to black sabbath and pink floyd, dating some loser and whatnot.
    my dad was probably stoned.

4. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i think they were in love...

5. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

they were both punk nerds
    my mom went through a phase where all her outfits consisted of black, red and white. She even had a motorcycle
    and my dad had pink hair for a while
    Looked all punked out and tough
    yet they played D&D still :confused:

6. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

Well when my parents were 20...ugh...They had a house together but both lived with their parents still, they had insane parties, did any drug they got offered and just did whatever they wanted lol

they also had just started their motorcycle 'group' called the bootleggers, they would take groups of friends up to the mountains and hold huge get togetheres, they would camp and have contests for best bike and stuff like that...and they guys would have wet t-shirt contests....

And when they werent doing that they were rigind the bikes down to myrtle beach of florida and stay there for the weekend....

My parents are still pretty cool but no where near like they used to be!

7. jean_genie

jean_genie psychedelic saturday

yeah.. parents seem to chill out over the years.. too bad ;P

8. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

My dad was in the military. So was my mom. They'd met and fell in love, and were planning to get married because my mom ended up pregnant (but she lost that baby). They were stationed in Louisiana.

9. NovaStarwind

NovaStarwind Member

My dad was in college in California with a roommate who did acid among other things. He says he smoked a pipe in college, and we all know what was IN the pipe; he just won't admit to it!:rolleyes:

My mom was in technical school for being a medical technologist, and falling in love with her first husband, who I never knew other than knowing that he was an asshole. She also had a little white puppy named Petey (much like my little white puppy Mojo!).

~Nova

10. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

My father was in a warriors type of gang and my mom was working and going to school.

11. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

Oh I forgot..my parents also had 3 dogs, Panama, PJ, and Doobie lol

12. the grobe

the grobe Senior Member

my mom was a flight attendant and my dad worked in a carpet store:eek: they are not the most exciting ppl in the world

13. Ebene

Ebene Mountaineer

Dad was probably a pothead redneck.
    Mom was probably riding in a Transam listening to Journey or the Eagles.

14. SunshineLovePeace

SunshineLovePeace all you need is love

at my age.. my dad was getting over his father's death.. running track in high school.. working his first job at a gas station.. and planning on joining the military in a few years.

my mom? she was being moved from place to place.. and really had no idea what she was going to do with her life :p

yeah, i dont really have any awesome "my parents were out doing drugs and partying" stories.. cuz my parents are actually really quite.. good.. :eek:

15. Donvito1122

Donvito1122 Hippy Teacher to be!

at 18 my dad joined the Marines and was fighting in vietnam and my mom was protesting the war...what a mix.

16. Ebene

Ebene Mountaineer

Well to be more precise, my dad was driving an old Cadillac around Alabama, wearing a John Deere trucker hat, and fishing a lot. Around 19 he got in a lot of trouble for pot (trash bags), so I'm guessing at 15 he was smoking it.

My mom was being moved around but was settling down in Kentucky (her dad was in the military). She wore bell bottoms and had long brown hair and rode horses. Her bf had a Transam and she loved Journey and The Eagles. :)

17. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

AAHhaaah :D

18. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

my mum was busy being a psuedo-hippie in a rich part of chicago, protesting the war, occasionally smoking pot, making clothes and kicking around in med school. my dad was a bachelor who wore flannel, spoke many languages, smoked a pipe, and starved because he was too busy reading to buy anything more than a few tins of sardines, and some crackers. they're still boring, and my dad still smokes a pipe on occasion... and they're both wondering how they managed to squeeze me out :rolleyes:

19. Raspberrykoolaid

Raspberrykoolaid Member

when my parents were my age my mom was in 11th grade with no friends and she stayed home alot. and my dad was most likely in jail somewhere.... the perfect couple... lol

20. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

HOLY SHIT!!! GONG??!?! HAWKWINNNDD??? no wayyyyyyyyyy... yea your mom must've defenitely been cool alright.

but ummm. my dad at my age was a drunky and my mom was i dunno, but i got a few pics of her and she defenitely looked like a hippie, my parents dont talk about their youth much lol