Your opinion on when US will get out

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by dhs, May 26, 2004.

1. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I personally don't think that the US will disengage from the middleast no matter who is in office until either

A. the oil runs dry

B. affordable technology and infastructure is in place for hydrogen power

Its a sad, sad thing. I just pray that what many predict is next won't happen, which is military action in Syria and Iran in the near future.

What are your thoughts? When will it happen? I know most (myself included) hopes it is soon, but it sure doesn't appear like that wish will be fulfilled.

2. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I think they'll get out when something huge happens that slaps them in the face, like a massacre of a whole lot of Americans or their supply of oil gets cut off. It's unfortunate something like that has to happen BEFORE they come to their senses.

3. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

If this war was for oil, how come I'm still paying 2 bucks + for gas? If there's a surefire way for a candidate to be elected, it's by dropping gasoline prices. So where's all tha damn oil at? I DEMAND MY SHARE OF THE WAR SPOILS DAMMIT!

But to answer your question, the U.S. will get out once Iraq has a competent, capable, stable central government. So never, basically. In fact, to save time we might as well make Iraq a state now, so we can start collecting taxes and granting social security benefits.

4. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

The US has strategic aims in Eurasia which are served by a continuing presence in Iraq in the medium to long term. That means there will be US military bases in Iraq for at least the next fifteen-twenty years or so.

5. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

they will pull out too late. even if it were next week.

6. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

I think that it is impossible to predictify what the mentalist Bush will decidicate to do next.

7. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

Even if it were last year.

8. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

i dont think we will. i think something will happen and we will state we need to be there

lets just keep burying ourselves in all of this. you know lets have the world against us. create wwIII. its been kinda boring on the world for a while, population is too high...........time to destroy the planet. you know!!

9. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

The US is currently constructing no less than 12 PERMANENT bases in Iraq - they have no intention of leaving.

Americans should really understand that GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS as early as 1950-something state that the United States should have a long-term primary goal of gaining control of the oil resources in the middle east. This goal was stepped after the oil crisis in the 70's.

What people don't GET is that this isn't about americans getting "cheap" oil. This is about SECURING CONTROL of the oil resources of the middle east and ensuring that emerging world powers like China and the EU are not able to forge their own alliances with oil producing nations. The ruling elite does NOT particularly care if you have to pay $2.00 for gas - they KNOW YOU'LL PAY. It only makes THEM wealthier. Why would that bother them? These people have created a situation where people HAVE to pay WHATEVER THEY CHARGE for gas, because public transportation is completely decimated in this country and urban and suburban sprawl have made motorized transportation almost necessary for survival. And this will only get worse as the US controls more and more of the oil in the middle east.

Don't look for lower gas prices anytime soon. They may give you a small break in fall, but they are going to bleed you all summer.

10. givepeaceachance

givepeaceachance Member

Anyone notice that while Bush was making his speech to the nation on Monday night, that he kept mentioning the date they were going to hand over the reigns to Iraq, but he never said when the troops were coming home. He said they'd be home soon, but that he would keep them there as long as they were needed and he would continue to send more troops as long as they were needed. Hmmm... sounds a little fishy to me.

11. Megara

Megara Banned

probably because he doesnt know when the troops will come home..a lot of issues concerning iraq are up in the air right now and will depend on events that cannot be predicted.

12. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

And AGAIN, they are CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTING no fewer than 12 (at last count) PERMANENT (NOT "temporary" - NOT "until Iraq is stable") military bases in Iraq. There is NO PLAN to get out of Iraq.

Prior to the 1st Gulf War, the US had hardly ANY military bases in the middle east - it has now circled the middle east with bases, and is securing control of the oil resources in that region.

Or are we TRULY foolish enough to believe that they would REALLY spend TRILLIONS of dollars just because they wanted to "liberate" these people out of the GOODNESS OF THEIR HEARTS??? COME ON.

13. WE1

WE1 Member

This is a tuff question. Because the dynamics are so fluid. I believe that in November we in the United States will be electing John Kerry as President. I also believe that the United States under President Kerry will slowly start to withdraw troop's from Iraq starting in late 2005. But many thousands of troops will remain in Iraq to help stabilize the country for many years to come.

14. Megara

Megara Banned

i wouldnt be surprised if we keep 30k+ troops in iraq forever.

15. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

the US will pull out of the mideast when washington DC falls.